LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Funny how a lot of the post here was eerie similar to our last game against them. "We will destroy them!" "Rams suck!" etc., etc.

IMO, they will play us hard (coach Fisher's team always does) and I wouldn't be surprised if it's another close game. I know we will win, but it'll be a hard fought win.

They're missing their best WR.

I dunno, man... Something tells me that this new incarnation of the Rams with Fisher guiding them will be our nemesis for the long haul (vs. ARZ). You can tell that they are playing harder for him (minus that crappy game they had against the Jets).

I hope you're right that we dominate them, but again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's another close game.

I was weary about every game coming into this season mainly because of the lack of offense.

I think that will change now.

We're ranked 11th in total offense yards and 12th in total offense points. Only 2 of those games are on Kaep. Maybe our offense will get better, but you can't say we have had no offense this season.

Specifically, I was weary of the lack of passing offense. We are number 1 in rushing and almost dead last in passing so it balances out. But i didn't want to go there.

So you're right, i can't say we have no offense. We had no passing offense is more accurate.

Our FG kicking is sketchy as well.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 29, 2012 at 11:40 AM ]
I'm worried about Kap against St Louis. I really doubt St Louis shreds up like they did in the 1st game. I think this will be the typical 49er division game. Game starts out slow but we wear them down and win 24-13.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'm worried about Kap against St Louis. I really doubt St Louis shreds up like they did in the 1st game. I think this will be the typical 49er division game. Game starts out slow but we wear them down and win 24-13.

24-0 Halftime, 34-10 Final
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
24-20 Niners. Underestimating Rams (specifically Bradford).
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
a division game on the road against a quality coach who likes to use trickery and f**kery.....it's not gonna be a blowout.
Originally posted by boast:
a division game on the road against a quality coach who likes to use trickery and f**kery.....it's not gonna be a blowout.

did you bet that AS will be the starter ?

I think our coaches were caught by suprise. I think our Defense was flat and caught by surprise. Our Special teams were definately caught by surprise.

I do not think it happens again...in fact, I think the 9ers treat this game like a play-off game in terms of prep and how serious they take it. I think the rams will see the best we have this time...and they're missing their biggest threat. It's gonna be ugly imo.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by susweel:
we will win and will be spectacular

It's going to be an extravaganza.

a bonanza

Fantastic
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

was never my intention to. it was just my opinion that Harbaugh was going back to Alex previous to yesterday's announcement.

was never my intention to. it was just my opinion that Harbaugh was going back to Alex previous to yesterday's announcement.

Seems reasonable. I was almost positive he was going with Kaep until a few comments came out..then I was 50-50.

Seems reasonable. I was almost positive he was going with Kaep until a few comments came out..then I was 50-50.

I was pretty sure after the bears game Kaep was the starter for the whole season. Id say 98% sure.

The off the wall comments gave me 2% doubt.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I was pretty sure after the bears game Kaep was the starter for the whole season. Id say 98% sure.

The off the wall comments gave me 2% doubt.
Even with Kaeps Play..i still didnt know who JH would pick...i was leaning towards AS because your not going to start AS after this week if he still hasn't played..so this would have been the ideal week since he is healthy.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
didnt see mod make this, so ill start this for them.

Go KAEP! GO 49ERS!

That's GO 49ers! Go Kaep!

#teamfirst
1. Wrap up Steven Jackson very low, like ankle-high low. That guy played with a chip on his shoulder the last game like he was pissed off. Keep that motivation in check before he can establish it.

2. Use some sneaky coverages to catch when Amendola, or another slot receiver, breaks a quick curl, post, or out route. I would say bring the heat with 6+ rushers but they were quick to get rid of the ball last game. Maybe the defense can do that a few times but they will be quick with throwing the ball.

3. Establish an offensive rythmn and minimize those penalties. The offense is threatening both in the ground and the deep ball so we should have a plethora of plays at our disposal. KEEP THEM GUESSING!

4. Learn from the mistakes, more specifically the trickery Fisher used to catch us off guard.

Although it means nothing, I have a gut feeling our coaching staff is going to be extremely prepared for this game for it to be even close. My guess would be we score 2-3 touchdowns before they have a chance to score a fieldgoal. My prediction: 38-14
I think one of the biggest things about harbaugh is him and his coaching staff have some how turned us into a good road team.

Defense playin with a chip on their shoulder... Cause they are embarrassed of their last performance against the rams = bad news for the rams

Our quarterback is trying to solidify himself as our starter and been playin well with a great running game... Well should be scary for the rams.

I think score is something like 28-12
Share 49ersWebzone