There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 11: Thoughts after rewatching the game (twice)...

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
1. No wonder why our QBs use to get killed. Chilo Rachal and Adam Snyder (g or t) as two of the 5 OL. They are two of the worst guards in the league. It's hard enough to protect the QB with all 5 guys being good to great. Man those last staffs were clueless. Didn't take the new guys long to figure out they needed to go or at least not be starting.

At least Chilo faced us. Snyder had some bs "quad injury" when we went against the cards
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
For the defense, plenty of 'F's' to go around-
http://www.csnchicago.com/football-chicago-bears/bears-talk/For-the-defense-plenty-of-Fs-to-go-aroun?blockID=804109&feedID=10330

Just my general thought on the Bears...

Not a big fan of Cutler but he is good enough for now. The OL is a major liability. They haven't put enough stock into it and it has cost them much like Philly and Dallas. I'd be drafting a couple guards and tackles (maybe c as well) really high. Also could use another TE and maybe a FS. Conte didn't look good out there but I haven't seen them play any other games so no idea how he has looked the rest of the season. They are a really good team though... think of them with a solid OL and some more weapons at WR/TE?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 21, 2012 at 7:07 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

2) Aldon Smith: Excuse my language but Holy Sh*tballs Batman!! That...was freaking amazing. He had 5.5 sacks and was pulled from the game with 9 minutes left. Justin had alot to do with helping him get free, but he had a bullrush last night that was a sight to behold. Un-freakin-believeable. Again...usually not given to getting caught up in the hype, but after searching for 2 decades, we may have found a guy BETTER than Charles Haley. He has a shot at the single season sack record. I honestly don't think he's gonna do it because he's gonna see 3 guys on him now, but he has arrived in a BIG way.

6) Offensive Gameplan: I love Greg Roman. I think he's gone after the season because he'll be a head coach somewhere. The Bears didn't have a clue what was coming next. I've been saying this for 2 years now. The 49ers are innovating in the run game. This isn't just a conventional running offense...this is game changing. This is the kind of stuff that is going to be replicated throughout the league. Sometimes tho it can be ugly...you end up with significant losses if it deosn't get blocked correctly, but when it hits, it hits BIG.

Great post man...

3) I think the argument about whether JJ Watt should have been picked instead is officially dead. That kid is still learning how to play NFL defense at OLB...how scary is that?? Equally as adept in the run game as well. Baalke may have hit a grand slam in that draft.

6) Exactly why LaMichael James was drafted. Those quick hitting plays are right up his alley...this redshirt year will be the best thing that ever happened to him. Instead of losing to Stanford...he is training everyday with the NFL's best and watching the speed and flow of the game. I've heard the comparisons to Sproles...he was a much better college runner than Sproles was to me...and has the size to sustain 15-20 carries a game.

Niners are really good...and really deep...that's a championship combination.
Originally posted by Garcia:
last 5 wins for the 9ers.... outscored opp 148-19
"We want to build a bully" It's what i think of every time we dismantle a team. Last year we were good but we didn't crush some of the weaker teams in the league like we should. This year, we are starting to play like we should against lesser talented teams and even some good teams. We will still stumble at times and even lose games, but it reminds of of Belichek with the patriots. No Mercy...
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
"We want to build a bully" It's what i think of every time we dismantle a team. Last year we were good but we didn't crush some of the weaker teams in the league like we should. This year, we are starting to play like we should against lesser talented teams and even some good teams. We will still stumble at times and even lose games, but it reminds of of Belichek with the patriots. No Mercy...

Rams scored 24 points last week
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
or even thought about throwing that ball to Vernon in triple coverage with 2 linebackers in his face....

Very few QBs not named Brett Favre even attempt that throw. It was ridiculous.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Like I said, we will still stumble. The point was that we are finally killing some teams. Hopefully we start to do it on a more consistent basis. That's the Niners I knew back in the 80's and 90's. I was actually a little worried about the Rams just because it's a division game and we both had bye weeks. I guarantee, when we play them again in 2 weeks in St. Louis, we will be ready to play.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Rams game wasn't a win
Assuming both AJ and James were drafted to learn for a yr, is ballsy by any account. But the more I think about it, the more it seems likely, esp. with only 6 reg season games left. It IS possible both were drafted so we didn't have an injury at WR and went into post season with one functioning WR and no PR. That hurt and in the end, cost us the SB. So sure, i can see taking WR insurance for next yr after bringing in mario and moss, and also being sure we have two RBs, in case one of the two gets hurt. I think the fact that we had kyle and crbs available to catch passes, really rankled Coach H. I think he said after that game, "By gosh, we are NEVER going to go into a post season again with no WR backups nor not have two active RBs. I could be wrong, but that is how Coach lost the SB last yr, not thru his own fault, but a skilled player deficiency. This yr still may end up an elite yr for drafts, even tho #1 and #2 never suited up.
So glad no one has stated that the Bears quit out there even though it looked a lot like that O-line sure gave up.
Originally posted by 49ercrusher:
Lets see who eats crow
.......im looking forward fellow....ooooohh I almost forgot...tolzien was brought to niners after playing niners
in pre season...is he still and the roster Nov 20, 2012 Paul_HoferVeteranPosts: 1,286Originally posted by 49ercrusher:Originally posted by susweel:I agree with your assessment of CK but i think its too early to declare him the next superstar. When it comes to QBs I like to use the ten game theory.Woooow.....at least one zoner is making sense is just one game.....he play against rams...and he did crap.....now everyone think is the new starter....cmon....I waiting for the comparison with Brady,Montana,aikman etc...I remember Matt Flynn having a monster game last year when packers rested Rodgers.so he went to Seattle as a saviour......where is he at?....Matt Casey lead the patriots for a few games....he went to chiefs as a new super star....where is he at.....right now....all you have to do is have a few wins and fans think you are the new Montana...cmon....ppl...

Kaep: 15 for 25, 186 yardsCombined stats: Rams and 2nd half against BearsReport
People keep bringing this up, but Matt Flynn went to a new team, Cassel went to a new team, Kolb went to a new team, (Bono and Grbac were good here with this team but not KC). Point is they were briefly successful in a system with the players around them, then failed in new situations. Kaep obviously would be staying on the same team, with the same players in the same system more like Brady for Bledsoe, Hostetler for Simms, Warner for Trent Green, Rogers for Favre and Young for Montana, so there is precedence for young QBs moving in with relatively little NFL experience and succeeding. Not guaranteed but not unthinkable either.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
1. No wonder why our QBs use to get killed. Chilo Rachal and Adam Snyder (g or t) as two of the 5 OL. They are two of the worst guards in the league. It's hard enough to protect the QB with all 5 guys being good to great. Man those last staffs were clueless. Didn't take the new guys long to figure out they needed to go or at least not be starting.

At least Chilo faced us. Snyder had some bs "quad injury" when we went against the cards

lol apparently he was either demoted and/or got beat so bad he left the bears

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000098781/article/chilo-rachal-suddenly-leaves-chicago-bears

We told you that changes were coming to the Chicago Bears offensive line. We didn't expect anything like this.

Brooks: Turkey Day primer
Week 12 opens with a three-course football feast on Thanksgiving Day.Bucky Brooks has analysis/picks for each game. More ...

Guard Chilo Rachal has left the team due to "personal reasons." He has been placed on the reserve/left squad list. Chris Spencer will replace him in the starting lineup.

A former second-round pick of the San Francisco 49ers, Rachal struggled badly against his former team. Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reported on Wednesday that the 49ers "knew how to get in his head" on Monday night. Jensen's source also said Rachal is "emotional and needs constant positive reinforcement."

The Chicago Tribune reported that Rachal was informed that he was being demoted and abruptlyquit the team.

brutal.....
Damn, our D made him quit football. Crazy s**t.

lol apparently he was either demoted and/or got beat so bad he left the bears

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000098781/article/chilo-rachal-suddenly-leaves-chicago-bears

We told you that changes were coming to the Chicago Bears offensive line. We didn't expect anything like this.

Brooks: Turkey Day primer
Week 12 opens with a three-course football feast on Thanksgiving Day.Bucky Brooks has analysis/picks for each game. More ...

Guard Chilo Rachal has left the team due to "personal reasons." He has been placed on the reserve/left squad list. Chris Spencer will replace him in the starting lineup.

A former second-round pick of the San Francisco 49ers, Rachal struggled badly against his former team. Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reported on Wednesday that the 49ers "knew how to get in his head" on Monday night. Jensen's source also said Rachal is "emotional and needs constant positive reinforcement."

The Chicago Tribune reported that Rachal was informed that he was being demoted and abruptlyquit the team.

brutal.....

Wow, I said this when he was with us, he seemed very depressed. I wonder if he is suffering from major depressive d/o. Hope the dude is OK. I'm sure a "few" of our fans will blast the dude as classy as they are, but genuinely, I hope the dude is OK and can get some help.
i know brooks had a sack fumble why isnt it in his stats as sack or ff