LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

Week 11: Thoughts after rewatching the game (twice)...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
1. No wonder why our QBs use to get killed. Chilo Rachal and Adam Snyder (g or t) as two of the 5 OL. They are two of the worst guards in the league. It's hard enough to protect the QB with all 5 guys being good to great. Man those last staffs were clueless. Didn't take the new guys long to figure out they needed to go or at least not be starting.

At least Chilo faced us. Snyder had some bs "quad injury" when we went against the cards

lol apparently he was either demoted and/or got beat so bad he left the bears

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000098781/article/chilo-rachal-suddenly-leaves-chicago-bears

We told you that changes were coming to the Chicago Bears offensive line. We didn't expect anything like this.

Brooks: Turkey Day primer
Week 12 opens with a three-course football feast on Thanksgiving Day.Bucky Brooks has analysis/picks for each game. More ...

Guard Chilo Rachal has left the team due to "personal reasons." He has been placed on the reserve/left squad list. Chris Spencer will replace him in the starting lineup.

A former second-round pick of the San Francisco 49ers, Rachal struggled badly against his former team. Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reported on Wednesday that the 49ers "knew how to get in his head" on Monday night. Jensen's source also said Rachal is "emotional and needs constant positive reinforcement."

The Chicago Tribune reported that Rachal was informed that he was being demoted and abruptlyquit the team.

brutal.....

Wow, I said this when he was with us, he seemed very depressed. I wonder if he is suffering from major depressive d/o. Hope the dude is OK. I'm sure a "few" of our fans will blast the dude as classy as they are, but genuinely, I hope the dude is OK and can get some help.

Ya I'm with you on that, hope things turn out ok for him. It isn't like he didn't play well for us on purpose, sometimes athletes are just average, doesn't seem like a bad cat at all.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Great analysis, as always.

One thing to add on Justin Smith. I think he is the NUMBER 1 reason as to why this defense as a whole is so unselfish. He sets the tone. He doesn't get any stats, but his motor is running the hardest every week.

And even even added stats Monday.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
or even thought about throwing that ball to Vernon in triple coverage with 2 linebackers in his face....

Very few QBs not named Brett Favre even attempt that throw. It was ridiculous.

Was an awesome throw by Kaep! Was super amazed and danced around the living room for 5 minutes after that throw.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wow, I said this when he was with us, he seemed very depressed. I wonder if he is suffering from major depressive d/o. Hope the dude is OK. I'm sure a "few" of our fans will blast the dude as classy as they are, but genuinely, I hope the dude is OK and can get some help.

I always appreciate posts that show a little humanity. I love football as much as anyone, but there are some things that are more imporant, like the lives of the individuals playing the game. Shot out to Chilo. I hope he gets through whatever he's going through.

Edit: Was his mom real sick and thats why he left college early? Maybe he never really wanted to play, but football was his meal ticket. Hopefully, any of us would do the same for our Moms.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM ]
Gore 21, your comments are astute and show why alex took such a beating during the previous yrs. Basically, rachal just couldn't bloc. In college, he was a mauler. NFL is faster , bigger, meaner, and good as he was in college, he was a monster liability for our QB and our team during his stay here. Shoulda gotten the axe way before, but it took Harbaugh about 15 mins to figure his worth as a pass blocker. Zero. Glad we saw him again , just on the other side of the line. Bears were lucky their 2nd string qB made it thru the game. He just got punished. The split sack by Justin and ALL DONE must have hurt.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Gore 21, your comments are astute and show why alex took such a beating during the previous yrs. Basically, rachal just couldn't bloc. In college, he was a mauler. NFL is faster , bigger, meaner, and good as he was in college, he was a monster liability for our QB and our team during his stay here. Shoulda gotten the axe way before, but it took Harbaugh about 15 mins to figure his worth as a pass blocker. Zero. Glad we saw him again , just on the other side of the line. Bears were lucky their 2nd string qB made it thru the game. He just got punished. The split sack by Justin and ALL DONE must have hurt.

To me I think there are guys who started playing football because they were bigger than everyone else and had natural skills so they just stuck with it. Parents and coaches urged them to come out because of their size or skills and not all of them want to play football but dp it to make others happy. Not saying Chilo is one but he could be. You notice how a lot of OL are nice and shy off the field...

Oakland, people have been saying that as well but didn't check if it was true or not. And that is another part of what I said above. Some play just to make others happy or because they had natural skill or size. Some go into the NFL even though they don't want to to help their family even though the passion isn't there. A good coach and GM should be able to figure who is passionate and who is not but I'm sure a lot of guys put on a mask and fool them. I think Kwame Harris, Rashaun Woods, Glen Coffee, Balmer and Chilo could have been those types of guys. And it just isn't 1st round picks... there are guys all over the nfl just collecting a check. If it's to help their family you can't really blame them you just have to hope your coaches/gm are smart enough to see who is passionate and who isn't.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM ]
Is it me or does Gruden sounds like he's in love with the 9ers. Seems like everytime he annouces for our games he showing too much love. (one sided)
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Is it me or does Gruden sounds like he's in love with the 9ers. Seems like everytime he annouces for our games he showing too much love. (one sided)

He probably appreciates good football and good defense. IMO he would be a lot better but he exaggerates a lot and any time a player makes one good play he goes on about them like they are a hall of famer even if it's a horrible player. He does it with all the teams and games.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I always appreciate posts that show a little humanity. I love football as much as anyone, but there are some things that are more imporant, like the lives of the individuals playing the game. Shot out to Chilo. I hope he gets through whatever he's going through.

Edit: Was his mom real sick and thats why he left college early? Maybe he never really wanted to play, but football was his meal ticket. Hopefully, any of us would do the same for our Moms.

I remember him saying he was leaving early so he could provide for his mom. He was/is a terrible o lineman as a pro, but seems like a good guy.
Great post Marvin. I'm with you, I love rewatching the game 2-3 times during the week when there nothing on tv

My two cents on the whole Kaepernick Qb situation:

This guys is no doubt our future. He goes in on his first ever NFL start on MNF against one of the tougher defenses in the league and beats them like they were the raiders. I'll support whoever is under center whether its CK or A.Smith, but just watching him again, you can't help but notice he made a couple plays that Alex has simply been incapable of making his entire career.
1) That first deep pass to K. Williams has most beautiful completion of the season so far. Everything about that play was perfect (except for KW making it in to the endzone). O-line blocked it well,created a perfect pocket to throw out of. Kaep dropped back and stepped up into his throw and hit Kyle Williams perfectly on a dime. That was something I have rarely seen out of Alex. I cant remember a play from this year where Alex steps up into the pocket and hits his receiver in stride with a perfect ball. And did you see the way Harbaugh reacted? He never shows that kind of emotion even on touchdowns. That's because he knew that play was executed (almost) perfectly and exactly what CK needed to get going.
2) Another play that really impressed me was in the first half when CK was able to avoid the sack and just throw it out of bounds. The Bears sent a blitz up the middle with Julius peppers I believe, and Kaep calmly eluded him, headed for the side line and threw it away. That was an automatic sack if A. Smith is in the game. It was refreshing to see our QB not scared of incoming pressure and calmly find a way to salvage the play. Just shows you how much more athletic CK is. If Alex had played he would have been sacked 2-3 times at least and alot of the time its his own fault. CK seems to have a much better internal clock in the pocket and seems to use his instincts better to know when to get rid of the ball or take off running. Smith has always lacked those instincts and it shows on the field
3) And finally, that touchdown to Crabtree really shows you how well CK did in that game and how much he's been coached up. ESPN had a great shot of Kaep using his eyes and going through his progressions before finding Crab. Another play you don't see Alex Smith make. Alex usually goes to his first or second read and if those guys aren't open, the play is most likely dead and he takes the sack or checks it down. He can't improvise and the play calling reflects that. CK scanned the field, moved around in the pocket to buy some time. Crab adjusted his route, got open and they both made that play look too easy.

That's what good offenses do. They make it look easy. Like back in the day with Montana and Young. When they dropped back to pass and stepped in to it, you just knew they had someone open. And they did, they would hit Jerry with a perfect pass in stride and score like it was too easy. Kaepernick showed some of that on MNF. He looked poised, confident, and just comfortable. Alex has never looked that comfortable in the pocket, even now after Harbaugh came in and tailored the offense around him

I know its only been one start, but if Kaepernick goes on the road against the Saints and puts together another outing like he did against a good Bears defense, Harbaugh will have a legitimate QB controversy on his hands. And Alex should be very concerned about losing his job. He's done well for us the last couple years but what if Alex Smith is our Drew Bledsoe. He had a badly timed injury and unfortunately for him Tom Brady is on the bench waiting to play. Jus sayin'...what are you gonna do coach??
[ Edited by artiga1 on Nov 22, 2012 at 4:26 AM ]

Solid post Marvin. As always, I appreciate the effort and thought you put into your contributions.
Originally posted by 49amane:
i know brooks had a sack fumble why isnt it in his stats as sack or ff

It was the same play we got a BS penalty on Aldon Smith for "pushing" the Bear OL while chasing the fumble.

Wiped out the sack stat I believe
wow

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1418395-breaking-down-how-colin-kaepernick-dominated-the-chicago-bears-on-monday-night
Great post! This is a game I would like to watch over again, as well.

Loved Gore's block on Briggs. But did you see all the wham blocks and edges seals by DWalk?

Crabtree is turning into a possession receiver that is capable of some RAC.

And while the love is flowing, look at how much progress Davis has made, as opposed to Rachal. He's turning out to be a very good player.
Originally posted by ninergold:
But did you see all the wham blocks and edges seals by DWalk?

You would think the NFC North would be well versed in the wham block by now.

We packaged it up with a nice little bow for the nation to see against the undefeated Lions last year and again in our prime time match up in Week 2 this year.

I guess the true beauty of the wham is that if you execute it properly the defense is always going to look foolish
Share 49ersWebzone