There are 201 users in the forums

Week 11: Thoughts after rewatching the game (twice)...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great read. I for one am not going to allow myself to get over excited about Kaep. I didn't think he was ready earlier in the year, but the Rams game showed me he made alot of progress, and then yesterday was of course a very good showing. I'm ecstatic to see the progress! But I want to see him in a tough road environment as well as some consistency before I'm ready to say he's the answer. Like you said, we've seen alot of great single games before.

If Kaep gets the starting job, he's got nothing but support from me. It'd be great to be able to keep them both, and I hope Alex shows loyalty to the team and sticks around if he loses the starting job.

But the star of the show for me was our defense. When they come out ready to play, they are incredible to behold, and the best in the league. Our run game was great as well, loved seeing Gore just pound it. What a great game.
For the defense, plenty of 'F's' to go around-
http://www.csnchicago.com/football-chicago-bears/bears-talk/For-the-defense-plenty-of-Fs-to-go-aroun?blockID=804109&feedID=10330
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Nov 20, 2012 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
One thing that made actually laugh out loud was that 3-card montey shift on the first half running play. I believe Gruden called it a carosel. You could see the Bears D panic as 3 guys in the back field run around and circles and settle in completely different spots just before the snap.

LOL the Bears heads were spinning on that play!
Chilo made me laugh all night!
I just rewatch the game onces so C.K. is the man! Aldon smith is the man! GREAT! team all the way around.................IT
Is there a way to rewatch the game online?
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
One thing that made actually laugh out loud was that 3-card montey shift on the first half running play. I believe Gruden called it a carosel. You could see the Bears D panic as 3 guys in the back field run around and circles and settle in completely different spots just before the snap.

Loved that! I love the innovation and creativeness in this offense, It's truly just a joy to watch.

When I saw that i yelled out "opoooooh BOOOY" not sure why, just my reaction lol.

Great review Marvin. Sometimes you come out a lil flat in these But when you get fired up about a game it's truly a thing to behold.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
did Brooks get credit for his sack and ff on Cambell?

The play didnt count because of the penalty on Aldon

hotgun) J.Campbell sacked at SF 43 for -7 yards (A.Brooks). FUMBLES (A.Brooks), ball out of bounds at SF 49. CHI-J.Campbell was injured during the play. His return is Probable. PENALTY on SF-Ald.Smith, Illegal Use of Hands, 10 yards, enforced at SF 36 - No Play.

Damn that sucks. Thanks val

Totally...Brooks should have close double digits sacks to this point. No joke. Just a little unlucky but he's brining it. What a LB group we have!
It may be nitpicking, but I'm still a little mad Brooks was robbed of a sack/FF. Awful call.
Great write-up as usual Marvin49! Was an unbelievable game to watch!

Originally posted by VA49er:
attitude seems to be the most important. hopefully come January we can string three or four games like this together not just the two game then flat pattern we seem to be in this season. I suspect that we will play very well again next week vs. the saints. I'll be curious to see if we sleep on the rams or the dolphins.

Attitude of the whole team seemed different this week.
Please reread Sus's 10 game rule. Sus Rules.
I had to watch that thread the needle pass Kaep threw. He threw that pass through a token booth window.
No wonder why our QBs use to get killed. Chilo Rachal and Adam Snyder (g or t) as two of the 5 OL. They are two of the worst guards in the league. It's hard enough to protect the QB with all 5 guys being good to great. Man those last staffs were clueless. Didn't take the new guys long to figure out they needed to go or at least not be starting.

The other thing I noticed is we are still struggling to recognize screens. Especially Ahmad Brooks. I don't know if it's his job to rush the passer and let the LBs (willis/bowman) shadow the RB and make the tackle. Still Ahmad peruses heavily as do Justin and company most of the time and it leads to big plays at times. Some times we are being bailed out by a great tackle like Willis had last night where he had to fight off a blocker.

Other than that one bad thing don't really have anything bad to say. Oh, Ted Ginn keeps putting us shy of the 20, he is still good at PR but might be time to go back to Williams at KR and give us a spark. Ok, so other than those 2 things:

Aldon played his best game ever, Justin played one of his best, Willis and Bowman were outstanding, secondary played very well, Davis and Crabtree were great, Mannigham had a few big catches, Colin was outstanding, OL was outstanding, ST all around was outstanding (minus Dixon's questionable block in the back that cost us 20 yards)... Gore was running hard, kendall had a few good hard runs as well
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 21, 2012 at 7:06 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
1. No wonder why our QBs use to get killed. Chilo Rachal and Adam Snyder (g or t) as two of the 5 OL. They are two of the worst guards in the league. It's hard enough to protect the QB with all 5 guys being good to great. Man those last staffs were clueless. Didn't take the new guys long to figure out they needed to go or at least not be starting.

At least Chilo faced us. Snyder had some bs "quad injury" when we went against the cards
Share 49ersWebzone