There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Winning our division will take 11 or more wins!

Originally posted by hawker84:
i appreciate the post.. we have some difficult games on the road, Chi/Mia i'm not even overlooking Buf at this point.. the remaining home games are a definate plus, we should be able to beat, AR and the Rams, however niners will be another epic battle... i predicted we go 4- 2 the rest of the way out, i'm predicting niners will be around there as well, with tough games still on the road not to mention a tough Chi D coming into town... which is why i'm thinking our matchup in december will have major division/playoff implications.. possibly division crown... i for one am excited that our division is relevant once again, this is definately the toughest division in football this year, and the fact that we're even thinking playoffs right now with a rookie QB starting the season, is icing on the cake... yes we're hated rivals, but i have much respect for your team, and man i hope this game in december means something a little more than a division rivalry...

Seattle is basically the miami of the NFC at this point, rookie QB's playing better then they were thought of, and a defense with a running game, thats no cake walk going all the way across the country. We've also seen that division games are no cake walk. Niners have perhaps the most pro bowlers on one team in the NFL and tied the rebuilding rams so who is to say the rams can't beat the hawks again. Arizona's season is over. Chicago probably beats both the niners and hawks unless we run it down their throats. I can't see the niners losing the division, but just wish Smith would shake this off and play every game until the end, He is completing what 95 percent of his passes the last two games?? People want to bash him but he right there is the difference in the division between rookies scrambling for a playoff spot and a veteran who did it last year.
is a tie = or less than a loss?
Seahawks suck!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:

its a loss no matter how you spin it in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:

It's like half win, half loss. We are ahead of a 6-3 team and behind a 7=2 team.

Put it this way........realistically, the 1st seed in the NFC will likely be a 13-3 record. The second seed will likely be a 12-4 record.

If we were to win out the rest of our season, we would be 13-2-1, which is BETTER than a 13-3 record, so we get the 1st seed.

If we were to lose only 1 more game the rest of the way, we're likely to get the 2nd seed with a 12-3-1 record (better than 12-4).

Losing 2 more games will give us 11-4-1, which will be 1/2 game short of 12-4.......will likely win us the 3rd spot and the division, but a lot of road games in the playoffs.

In other words, for us to get a first round bye, we can only screw up and lose 1 more game realistically. To get the 1st seed, we need to win the remainder of our schedule.
So if the margin for error is 1 game, which might change with Cutler out for an extended period, then of the remaining 3 road games....SAINTS, PATS and HAWKS, which one do we lose? Personally its the SAINTS game for reasons I've stated earlier in this post.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
Originally posted by cciowa:

It's like half win, half loss. We are ahead of a 6-3 team and behind a 7=2 team.
understand but i just can not spin any positive two days after that horses**t effort by everyone cept for ck, gore, the wide outs, lee and brooks on defense
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
So if the margin for error is 1 game, which might change with Cutler out for an extended period, then of the remaining 3 road games....SAINTS, PATS and HAWKS, which one do we lose? Personally its the SAINTS game for reasons I've stated earlier in this post.
i think we lose all 3 in my opinion, there are your five losses,, i am trying to be hopefull of the bears but i am suspect of our defense and special teams and the rams play us at home in a dome and you know how we play in those places
The Seahawks aren't a good road team. So by default, we need 10 wins to guarantee the division (possible with nine).
  • BobS
  • Veteran
We have road games in New Orleans and New England. The Saints are playing really good right now. The Rams and Seahawks aren't going to be easy road games either. The best we get is probably 11-4-1 and a 3 seed. We can win the division at 10-5-1. Doubt the Hawks do better than 10-6.
Seahawks are really 5-5 right now (if you take away that b/s gb game)
Anyway at 6-4 they still have to face- OH AND THEY HAVE PLAYED ONE MORE GAME THAN US.

4-5 dolphins
7-2 bears
4-5 cards
3-6 bills
6-2-1 US
3-5-1 rams
Total Records teams to play
27-25-2 (one fewer game than us) 50% wins

we play

7-2 Bears
4-5 saints (rising)
3-5-1 rams (we won't lose this time)
4-5 dolphins
6-3 pats
6-4 Seahawks
4-5 cards (fading)
total
34-29-1 (53% wins)

A win this week would be huge for the 49ers
[ Edited by 49erfaithful49 on Nov 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Faraz80:

Put it this way........realistically, the 1st seed in the NFC will likely be a 13-3 record. The second seed will likely be a 12-4 record.

If we were to win out the rest of our season, we would be 13-2-1, which is BETTER than a 13-3 record, so we get the 1st seed.

If we were to lose only 1 more game the rest of the way, we're likely to get the 2nd seed with a 12-3-1 record (better than 12-4).

Losing 2 more games will give us 11-4-1, which will be 1/2 game short of 12-4.......will likely win us the 3rd spot and the division, but a lot of road games in the playoffs.

In other words, for us to get a first round bye, we can only screw up and lose 1 more game realistically. To get the 1st seed, we need to win the remainder of our schedule.

Thank you for explaining it for me.
GO NINERS!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
Seahawks are really 5-5 right now (if you take away that b/s gb game)
Anyway at 6-4 they still have to face- OH AND THEY HAVE PLAYED ONE MORE GAME THAN US.

4-5 dolphins
7-2 bears
4-5 cards
3-6 bills
6-2-1 US
3-5-1 rams
Total Records teams to play
27-25-2 (one fewer game than us) 50% wins

we play

7-2 Bears
4-5 saints (rising)
3-5-1 rams (we won't lose this time)
4-5 dolphins
6-3 pats
6-4 Seahawks
4-5 cards (fading)
total
34-29-1 (53% wins)

A win this week would be huge for the 49ers

Looking at this hurts my head!! A case could be made for us winning them all or losing them all!! Now I understand the philosophy of taking 1 game at a time!!
Dude,

not all of Seattle's remaining games are in Seattle!