LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Winning our division will take 11 or more wins!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i appreciate the post.. we have some difficult games on the road, Chi/Mia i'm not even overlooking Buf at this point.. the remaining home games are a definate plus, we should be able to beat, AR and the Rams, however niners will be another epic battle... i predicted we go 4- 2 the rest of the way out, i'm predicting niners will be around there as well, with tough games still on the road not to mention a tough Chi D coming into town... which is why i'm thinking our matchup in december will have major division/playoff implications.. possibly division crown... i for one am excited that our division is relevant once again, this is definately the toughest division in football this year, and the fact that we're even thinking playoffs right now with a rookie QB starting the season, is icing on the cake... yes we're hated rivals, but i have much respect for your team, and man i hope this game in december means something a little more than a division rivalry...
Originally posted by hawker84:
i appreciate the post.. we have some difficult games on the road, Chi/Mia i'm not even overlooking Buf at this point.. the remaining home games are a definate plus, we should be able to beat, AR and the Rams, however niners will be another epic battle... i predicted we go 4- 2 the rest of the way out, i'm predicting niners will be around there as well, with tough games still on the road not to mention a tough Chi D coming into town... which is why i'm thinking our matchup in december will have major division/playoff implications.. possibly division crown... i for one am excited that our division is relevant once again, this is definately the toughest division in football this year, and the fact that we're even thinking playoffs right now with a rookie QB starting the season, is icing on the cake... yes we're hated rivals, but i have much respect for your team, and man i hope this game in december means something a little more than a division rivalry...

Agreed. Schedule wise.....advantage goes to Seattle. Experience wise...advantage goes to us. Regardless, Im sure the matchup in December will have playoff implications....whether its for the division, playoff seeding, playoff spot, etc.

I still think we edge out for the division race (not more than 1 game), but Seattle will likely take the 2nd WC spot. Assuming we dont get the bye and end up the 3rd seed, guess who we play in the first round of the playoffs.

And judging by our first meeting at the Stick, it's gonna be a WAR.
i;m not criticizing anyone.. i just thought it funny how people state these claims without looking at the facts (stats) if you were to look at the stats you would not be posting those comments.. and i can sit here and post links and list stats till the sky turns blue, but i don't think i need to.. you guys saw him play in your stadium, and i think even the most rabid niner fan will admit if not for more than a few key drops, the outcome of our game could have turned out very different... and as far as the weakness on our team, you bet, we have plenty, on both sides of the ball, but i would also argue that the niners do as well... you can look at our home/road record and take from that what you will , just like i can look at your rams game and take away from that , wow they can't even beat the rams. but to say that would be ignorant on my part, because this is the NFL and on any given sunday, any team can beat any team..
We need to beat the Bears...period! We're at home and potentially playing a backup quarterback. If we can't win Monday night then it doesn't look good for us the rest of the way. I look at the Saints game much like last year's Thanksgiving Day match. In a loud dome, with a blitz heavy team capable of scoring 30 + points on our defence. With a huge chip on their shoulder after loosing to us last year!!
I think they win 3 more tops.

Miami is improving, and flying from Seattle to Miami is tough.
Chicago is a loss on the road for them.
Buffalo is a maybe loss (see Miami above) though they should be able to win. The game is in Toronto so the home field advantage/cold weather goes out the window.
The Niners going to Seattle is tough, but I would still take the Niners.
St.Louis and Arizona both at home should be wins.

So in my humble opinion the most they get to is 9-7, and I could see 7-9. Niners just need to take care of their own business, which is not the easiest. I think we finish 11-4-1.
funny.. you guys still think the weakness of this team is our rookie QB.. i guess it just cracks me up when people post stuff that totally goes agains the stats, and the facts...russel wilson is the real deal, i'm not saying that because i'm a seahawk fan, i'm saying cuz i know a good QB when i see one.. you guys don't think we can win on the road, well that remains to be seen i suppose.. although we have been in every game that we've lost on the road including the niners, with a chance to win it.. so you can come up with every excuse in the book on why the seahawks won't be in the picture when i comes to crowning our division champs... but if you look up the stats, not only is RW leading ALL rookie QB's he's among the league leaders period, and only getting better.. our d is still top 10, and we have the second leading rusher in the game.. i think it's going to come down to us and you, and i think it will be decided on the field... not here to start a fight, just to point out that we have a team that could take this division just like you guys do, and anyone who thinks this is not accurate, is not being realistic, and i would invite you to tell me why and back it up with real facts..

Stats don't win games, teams do. Ask RG3 how that's working out for him.

I honestly don't think the Seahawks are as invulnerable as some think they are. RW's looking legit, but they've got some pretty glaring weaknesses that get covered up by their front 4, secondary, and Lynch. Pretty safe to say that every team's more or less been figured out at this point.

Seahawks' most glaring weaknesses that teams should capitalize on IMO:

1. OL is and continues to remain the Seahawks' biggest liability on offense. Any team with a pass rush this year pretty much shuts the Seahawks' pass game down (Cards, Rams, 49ers, Lions). If opposing defenses can keep the Seahawks' offense in consistent three-and-out situations and stop Lynch from breaking out (e.g. no missed tackles, which is seemingly way more important), their team is in big trouble, especially if the other team's offense does a good job of controlling the pace of the game. The Seahawks' front 4 was gassing pretty hard in the second half on Week 7.

2. One-dimensional run game. Lynch is being depended on way too much with no viable backup plan in place if he gets stuffed or goes down. Carries of that amount combined with a horrible OL is just asking for trouble against big-hitting defenses. To be fair though, that's a credit to Lynch if he can put up those kind of numbers with a line like that. Imagine if he had an OL like the Saints had last year. ML2K?

3. Linebackers have been by far the Seattle defense's biggest liability this year. Good run blocking and a good RB up the middle against Seattle D = instant first down and more, just add water. Seattle should beware of Reggie Bush (Dolphins), Matt Forte (Bears), and Fred Jackson/C.J. Spiller (Bills) for this very reason. I saw that Gore and Adrian Peterson had field days against Seattle's defense this year for this very reason too. It's not just an on-the-road thing.

4. Aim punts and kicks toward the corner of the end zone and have your gunners run like hell towards it and force Leon Washington to call for a fair catch/touchback. This severely limits his ability to give the Seahawks favorable field position and allows defenses to sell out against the run and get more aggressive on pressuring RW. I see the 49ers were already doing this, so as long as they don't allow LW much room to run around, this will help immensely.

5. Seahawks get cocky very easily after wins against high-profile opponents and LOVE opportunities for cheap publicity stunts and Twitter wars. It's probably not a good idea to give them bulletin board (or Twitter) material in the time leading up to the game.

In any event, I think the theme of mistake-free football is going to be what makes the difference on December 23rd, and whoever causes the most turnovers will most likely win.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Yea that Saints game might be a blowout and we will be on the small end of it. People still think our D is as dominant as last year. Drew Brees at home is nearly unstoppable. For the first time this season, especially during that Rams game, I saw a not-so fearsome defense out there and teams have figured them out. I hope I am wrong
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Yea that Saints game might be a blowout and we will be on the small end of it. People still think our D is as dominant as last year. Drew Brees at home is nearly unstoppable. For the first time this season, especially during that Rams game, I saw a not-so fearsome defense out there and teams have figured them out. I hope I am wrong

Not so fast there, fella. Brees might light up this defense, but I see no reason as to why we cant light up theirs. In terms of matchup, I like our offense vs. their defense MORE than their offense vs. our defense. The difference in the game will be home field. We're a PISS POOR dome team, and thats where I would expect them to have the advantage. I dont think it would be a blowout, but I can see this game going down to the last drive, and whichever team has it last will likely win it.
Originally posted by Protoman:
funny.. you guys still think the weakness of this team is our rookie QB.. i guess it just cracks me up when people post stuff that totally goes agains the stats, and the facts...russel wilson is the real deal, i'm not saying that because i'm a seahawk fan, i'm saying cuz i know a good QB when i see one.. you guys don't think we can win on the road, well that remains to be seen i suppose.. although we have been in every game that we've lost on the road including the niners, with a chance to win it.. so you can come up with every excuse in the book on why the seahawks won't be in the picture when i comes to crowning our division champs... but if you look up the stats, not only is RW leading ALL rookie QB's he's among the league leaders period, and only getting better.. our d is still top 10, and we have the second leading rusher in the game.. i think it's going to come down to us and you, and i think it will be decided on the field... not here to start a fight, just to point out that we have a team that could take this division just like you guys do, and anyone who thinks this is not accurate, is not being realistic, and i would invite you to tell me why and back it up with real facts..

Stats don't win games, teams do. Ask RG3 how that's working out for him.

I honestly don't think the Seahawks are as invulnerable as some think they are. RW's looking legit, but they've got some pretty glaring weaknesses that get covered up by their front 4, secondary, and Lynch. Pretty safe to say that every team's more or less been figured out at this point.

Seahawks' most glaring weaknesses that teams should capitalize on IMO:

1. OL is and continues to remain the Seahawks' biggest liability on offense. Any team with a pass rush this year pretty much shuts the Seahawks' pass game down (Cards, Rams, 49ers, Lions). If opposing defenses can keep the Seahawks' offense in consistent three-and-out situations and stop Lynch from breaking out (e.g. no missed tackles, which is seemingly way more important), their team is in big trouble, especially if the other team's offense does a good job of controlling the pace of the game. The Seahawks' front 4 was gassing pretty hard in the second half on Week 7.

2. One-dimensional run game. Lynch is being depended on way too much with no viable backup plan in place if he gets stuffed or goes down. Carries of that amount combined with a horrible OL is just asking for trouble against big-hitting defenses. To be fair though, that's a credit to Lynch if he can put up those kind of numbers with a line like that. Imagine if he had an OL like the Saints had last year. ML2K?

3. Linebackers have been by far the Seattle defense's biggest liability this year. Good run blocking and a good RB up the middle against Seattle D = instant first down and more, just add water. Seattle should beware of Reggie Bush (Dolphins), Matt Forte (Bears), and Fred Jackson/C.J. Spiller (Bills) for this very reason. I saw that Gore and Adrian Peterson had field days against Seattle's defense this year for this very reason too. It's not just an on-the-road thing.

4. Aim punts and kicks toward the corner of the end zone and have your gunners run like hell towards it and force Leon Washington to call for a fair catch/touchback. This severely limits his ability to give the Seahawks favorable field position and allows defenses to sell out against the run and get more aggressive on pressuring RW. I see the 49ers were already doing this, so as long as they don't allow LW much room to run around, this will help immensely.

5. Seahawks get cocky very easily after wins against high-profile opponents and LOVE opportunities for cheap publicity stunts and Twitter wars. It's probably not a good idea to give them bulletin board (or Twitter) material in the time leading up to the game.

In any event, I think the theme of mistake-free football is going to be what makes the difference on December 23rd, and whoever causes the most turnovers will most likely win.

i absolutely agree, stats don't win games, players making plays does.. i actually agree with your entire post, very good breakdown on our strengths and weakness, i've been b***hing about a lot of it on our board for weeks... one thing i will slightly disagree with however, is the comment about putting pressure on RW with the bltizes... yes this was an issue with AR and SL, he is a rookie.. but he has grown leaps and bounds in that department since the first few weeks. he did just fine against your pass rush for the most part, our recievers and backs couldn't hold on to anything, and i think he only had 7 pass attempts in the second half, two of those were throw aways. against the lions he threw for 2 td's and over 230yds, last td being a 4th qtr come from behind drive, d couldn't get a stop though, that lost us that game.. other than that good and acuarate take..
[ Edited by hawker84 on Nov 13, 2012 at 12:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Faraz80:

Not so fast there, fella. Brees might light up this defense, but I see no reason as to why we cant light up theirs. In terms of matchup, I like our offense vs. their defense MORE than their offense vs. our defense. The difference in the game will be home field. We're a PISS POOR dome team, and thats where I would expect them to have the advantage. I dont think it would be a blowout, but I can see this game going down to the last drive, and whichever team has it last will likely win it.

If we stick to who we are and run the ball down their throats, Brees won't have enough possessions (at least in theory).

Let's just get by the Bears first and see how that plays out. Our season is definitely in the balance this week. A pounding at home and I could see us taking a downward spiral to 9-10 wins, but a solid win, even with Kaep at QB, would be a HUGE confidence booster. I'm not scared of Cutler if he plays. We'll treat Marshall like Megatron, and most likely be doubling him all day. He'll get some plays in the slot, but we need to tighten up on the deep ball, or we may be doomed.

I'm really interested to see that if Kaep plays, how the Bears respond with his athleticism.

man
Harbaugh still owns Carroll. We'll beat them week 16 and the division will be ours.
I can't believe people are talking about taking the division right now. We play Chicago and even with Campbell at QB will be a tough game. Then we play the Saints who are hot right now and will definitely be looking for revenge against us. I honestly count that as a loss right now. Then we play the Patriots in Foxborough. Three losses I am counting right there. Then there is the Seahawks one more time but at their place. 4 potential losses. Oh yea and the Rams at their place who gave us a run for our money at our place. I hate to be pessimistic but the hawks can easily take the division.

If we don't beat the Bears, we are in trouble of making the playoffs let alone the #2 seed

End rant/

Yeah Seahawks and Russel Wilson are no joke.

We needed that win vs. the Rams bad. We need to win against Chicago even worse.

We also need Miami to defeat SEA. I think it can happen because Miami has guys that can throw Wilson off his game.
if we get in with a wild card spot.wich I don't think will happen we will still win the supperbowl...book it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Seahawks will lose all their remaining home games. I don't care who their playing that team can't win out of Quest Field.

You mean they'll lose all their road games.
Share 49ersWebzone