LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Tie Game - how do you feel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A tie and 2 losses doesn't = "the sky is falling" response. Frustrating loss yes, but season is far from over. Bring on the Bears time to bounce back and get hot for the 2nd half of the season.
13-3 match of last season was highly unlikely with a tougher schedule, game film of Offense/Defense schemes, and a much improved NFC West. We are still favored to win the division and many believe the Niners to be the best over all team in the NFC and also the NFL by some.

Go Niners
Well, I was embarrassed and felt a little dirty at first, but after thinking on it, I won't know how I feel until we are talking play off seeding, of NFC west leads the final weekend. Unless there some other ties this season it will be hard for us to be in a "tie breaker" for home field advantage.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Rogers is a liability. His weakness has been exposed. He is not able to cover shifty and quick receivers like Victor Cruz and Amendola??? In the next draft, we seriously need a shutdown corner, another passrusher, and a freakin' kicker.

i think everyone tries to draft a shut down corner man but its easier said than done lol. all the corners looked bad today, cully got abused a few times and hes usually pretty solid. but we do need to start thinking about his replacement.
+1 it's nearly impossible to find a shutdown corner with the no contact after five yards rule.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Rogers is a liability. His weakness has been exposed. He is not able to cover shifty and quick receivers like Victor Cruz and Amendola??? In the next draft, we seriously need a shutdown corner, another passrusher, and a freakin' kicker.

i think everyone tries to draft a shut down corner man but its easier said than done lol. all the corners looked bad today, cully got abused a few times and hes usually pretty solid. but we do need to start thinking about his replacement.
+1 it's nearly impossible to find a shutdown corner with the no contact after five yards rule.

Put Rogers at nickel, at least when opponent has Victor Cruz or a white guy in the slot.

Culliver can handle the job.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
I don't know, I'll have to review the films.....

welcome back Coach sing !
i think we may be to aggressive on Defense and special teams,and thats why we are missing plays.imo
I feel that for the third game this year we came flat and we lost
This team is clearly not as good as last year like some players want to think
The most frightening is that we were not good on all phases of the game : offense defense ST and coaching
We were in the game only because of the numerous rams miscues
We will not have the second seed. OK maybe if cutler is out for a few weeks and GB slides a bit but we wont catch the falcons
I'm deeply concerned
Not thinking SB right now
Originally posted by 49Fever:
I feel that for the third game this year we came flat and we lost
This team is clearly not as good as last year like some players want to think
The most frightening is that we were not good on all phases of the game : offense defense ST and coaching
We were in the game only because of the numerous rams miscues
We will not have the second seed. OK maybe if cutler is out for a few weeks and GB slides a bit but we wont catch the falcons
I'm deeply concerned
Not thinking SB right now

Hate to be a debbie downer, but I've been feeling this for a while now since the Giants game. and then now you throw in a struggling kicker, and a tie on our record (who was the last Superbowl winner to have a tie on their record?), a lot of bad omens this year.
we are taking a page out of the last 4 or 5 super bowl winners.....sucking bad at different points of the season is common in the NFL.....lazy millionaire football league...
I see that it doesn't look like we are as good as last year, but we are up in most categories that we were in last year except sacks and takeaways. Which of course doesn't bode well be it that we are about to play the team that has taken over in those very categories next week.

Originally posted by 5timechamps:
i think we may be to aggressive on Defense and special teams,and thats why we are missing plays.imo

I wish. Fangio plays one soft defense esp. on the CB's (10 yards off). ST, Ginn is about as non-aggressive as they come. We have the best 4 LBers in the game and rarely use any of them in pass rush situations let alone exotic ones. We probably have depth on the DL but they never get used other than RJF who is undersized. Our S's are great playing down hill but neither have any lateral range at can't help over the top along the sidelines even when playing 30 yards deep (see first TD when Culliver fell).

Brown is decent and Rogers has been playing 1/2 speed all year long and VERY soft! Culliver is the only guy that's physical. OUr schemes are not like last year...no CB's breaking off like Rogers last year underneath with help over the top for picks. We don't strip the ball anymore either as much, if at all.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

I wish. Fangio plays one soft defense esp. on the CB's (10 yards off). ST, Ginn is about as non-aggressive as they come. We have the best 4 LBers in the game and rarely use any of them in pass rush situations let alone exotic ones. We probably have depth on the DL but they never get used other than RJF who is undersized. Our S's are great playing down hill but neither have any lateral range at can't help over the top along the sidelines even when playing 30 yards deep (see first TD when Culliver fell).

Fangio has historically been a zone blitz guy, but doesnt feel like he has to with the DL on the Niners. I think he's held off the blitzes because he doesnt want to get beat over the top, and so far, the 9ers are #1 in not giving up big plays. His philosophy for this team (at least for last year) was give everything up underneath, then when they get into the redzone, cause a turn over or hold them to a FG - which they did time and time again last year. Not so much this year, so Fangio needs to do some adjusting.
[ Edited by FourNine49 on Nov 12, 2012 at 3:56 PM ]
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Fangio has historically been a zone blitz guy, but doesnt feel like he has to with the DL on the Niners. I think he's held off the blitzes because he doesnt want to get beat over the top, and so far, the 9ers are #1 in not giving up big plays. His philosophy for this team (at least for last year) was give everything up underneath, then when they get into the redzone, cause a turn over or hold them to a FG - which they did time and time again last year. Not so much this year, so Fangio needs to do some adjusting.

Very nice post and I completely agree. Adjust...something our entire coaching staff has struggled with this year.
Where was the 49er defense? Bye week was supposed to be over.
Now, wouldn't it be funny if the 49er's either won or lost their division by 1/2 game?

I really think that the Seahawks will lose the Bears game and at least one more outside their confines.

However the 49er's better beat the Bears, Saints and the Pats which is going to be a tall order. And of course they still have to play the Rams and the Seahawks away from home. Don't blink!
Share 49ersWebzone