There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tie Game - how do you feel?

Rogers is a liability. His weakness has been exposed. He is not able to cover shifty and quick receivers like Victor Cruz and Amendola??? In the next draft, we seriously need a shutdown corner, another passrusher, and a freakin' kicker.
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
like s**t

Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Rogers is a liability. His weakness has been exposed. He is not able to cover shifty and quick receivers like Victor Cruz and Amendola??? In the next draft, we seriously need a shutdown corner, another passrusher, and a freakin' kicker.

i think everyone tries to draft a shut down corner man but its easier said than done lol. all the corners looked bad today, cully got abused a few times and hes usually pretty solid. but we do need to start thinking about his replacement.
Quote from Willis from his official FB page after the game

"I laugh when I see some of the comments. Cuz they really have no idea. But again "it's easy to coach from the stands or tv n say I would have or I wouldn't have lol" still luv u all whether u with us or against us" Fuel Fuel Fuel"
Hate to say this but Seahawks are the best time in the division.
Originally posted by Louisiana49er:
Hate to say this but Seahawks are the best time in the division.

dont sniff paint thinner anymore
i'm not worried about the seahawks. They will fall off
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This game is over. Time to start looking ahead to Chicago.
After the 14-0 start to the game and the loss of AS, I will take the tie.

The defense looked vulnerable and the special teams were atrocious. As for the offense, Kap is trying to avoid the turnovers, but he needs to be aware of when he needs to get rid of the ball as opposed to taking a sack that kills a drive or gets you out of field goal range.

Monday night will be extremely hard, the defense needs to rise up to the challenge.
Originally posted by BobS:
Harbaugh coached the OT not to lose, like Mooch he will get a lot of regular season wins, but will never get a team to play over it's head in the play-offs. He is unwilling to take chances, and unless we have a sound team from A-Z we aren't winning a Super Bowl with him. The guy has no balls and it is pretty obvious.

This. I'm starting to doubt him more and more by the week. Could he just be Nolan on steroids?
I feel like a bunch or ungrateful, boo-bird, excuses for fans had better PRAY that Alex Smith is cleared to play next week because Kaep is not ready to start. That kid has ability, but he's obviously limited as it pertains to knowledge of the offense. He missed reads badly, had trouble keeping his eyes downfield, and was confused by coverages the Rams were using. He ran about 10 plays, most of them based on the read option. The Rams were ready for it, which is why he had trouble running in over time (especially in our second series). If we lose Alex, we are screwed.
I now appriciate what Alex does for this team after him going down. The kid is smart and he gets what we are doing here.

Any QB would scoff at what the QBs position is here. If Alex is healthy I think we have what it takes to win the Super Bowl. I appriciate Alex that much more.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
I feel like a bunch or ungrateful, boo-bird, excuses for fans had better PRAY that Alex Smith is cleared to play next week because Kaep is not ready to start. That kid has ability, but he's obviously limited as it pertains to knowledge of the offense. He missed reads badly, had trouble keeping his eyes downfield, and was confused by coverages the Rams were using. He ran about 10 plays, most of them based on the read option. The Rams were ready for it, which is why he had trouble running in over time (especially in our second series). If we lose Alex, we are screwed.

Right. If the opponent gets a week to prepare for CK as the starter, his option QB run plays will be pretty useless. Just ask RGIII, Newton, Vick, Russell Wilson... and these are better more experienced mobile NFL QBs than CK.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Nov 12, 2012 at 6:21 AM ]
Concur with the Alex love. I am not his biggest fan, nor am I anywhere near his biggest detractor...but after relecting on the game, the longer he is out the more this season is in trouble. Kaep has some great qualities, but there is just not enough polish on that gem to win consistanty against good defenses...the Ram's are nothing special and he couldnt read the their coverages...he needs more time to learn, lets hope Alex is not hurt too bad and he gets it. If Alex is out, we have to shorten the playbook, cater to the kid with half field reads...etc..

As too the rest of the team...it was clear that two week bye caused a lot of rust...the offense started slow, the Defense missed tackles etc... I am not in panic mode there but we cant be this sloppy anymore, this tie puts us in must wins from here out unless the seahawks stumble. If I were Harbaugh I would fight hard to never have a two week layover like this again...We are a team that relies heavily on being physical and playing fundimentals, rust kills.

Lastly...Akers. Since he is a long standing Vet with a fantastic record he gets a little more time from me to get his act together. But he is missing alot of important kicks all of the sudden...and they arent long ones either. I dont know if its the holds ( we keep hearing about Lee's hand) or Akers psyching himself out, but he needs to get this sorted out asap.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

It was his FIRST career start... Of course he his going to miss reads and be confused by things.... But his stats looks awfully close to what Alex Smith usually does and he did show he is better extending plays then Alex. Also Kaep put us in a position to win in OT, Not his fault Akers missed the kick. Alex Smith is the better QB right now and hopefully he is cleared to play next week. But we aren't in deep trouble if Kaep has to play.