There are 196 users in the forums

Tie Game - how do you feel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
Better than a L, but will screw our chances to get 1st or 2nd Bye in playoffs.

It actually doesn't, but carry on.
Fortunate...we spotted them 14 right out of the gate...lost our starting QB...defense failed badly again today as did ST's and pass protection. I'm seeing a trend. Usually when we win we win in every facet. When we lose, we lose badly in every facet. But the bottom line is THIS was the Rams Superbowl. They knew if they lost this game their season was over. They couldn't even afford a tie. So in that sense, given the circumstances and given we fought hard to give ourselves a chance to win, I feel fortunate. I'm still unsure why the NFL (?) pulled Alex out of the game so late AFTER scoring a TD. If it's a head injury, they pull you out and evaluate you immediately like with Vick/Cutler. And if the guy is clearly leading TD drives how bad was he?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Fortunate...we spotted them 14 right out of the gate...lost our starting QB...defense failed badly again today as did ST's and pass protection. I'm seeing a trend. Usually when we win we win in every facet. When we lose, we lose badly in every facet. But the bottom line is THIS was the Rams Superbowl. They knew if they lost this game their season was over. They couldn't even afford a tie. So in that sense, given the circumstances and given we fought hard to give ourselves a chance to win, I feel fortunate. I'm still unsure why the NFL (?) pulled Alex out of the game so late AFTER scoring a TD. If it's a head injury, they pull you out and evaluate you immediately like with Vick/Cutler. And if the guy is clearly leading TD drives how bad was he?

He came out after the TD complaining about burred vision.
If Larry Grant doesn't let that easy INT hit the ground in the final minutes of the 4th qtr the game wouldn't have been a tie. He would've either gone for a pick 6 or we would've had the ball in the redzone.
I feel like we need to beat the s**t out of the Bears to feel better about this tie.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Good post! The game looked like it was turning around after the score but then with Smith going out it became a very ugly game. CK and the offense did OK, but Dwight Clark and others mentioned how badly our lines were beaten. Didn't like hearing that. Some of Gore's runs were strictly his will over the D. Just great runs.

As for taking Smith out, the announcers mentioned his eyes being really spacey so it must have been pretty severe. In the old days he would likely have continued to play and might have helped win the game...but I'm very happy they are more cautious now. Still wonder if Young will have future troubles.

Edit: as for a tie--not the end of the world. For a bad game, losing your QB and both D and ST having problems...came out as well as we have a right to expect.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM ]
With this tie on the record I'm more worried than ever. Has there ever been a team that won the Superbowl with a tie on their record?!
I feel like we lost.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Louisiana49er:
Hate to say this but Seahawks are the best time in the division.

dont sniff paint thinner anymore

At least I won in my fantasy. My opponent has the 49ers D and Kevin Akers. I swear I was going to get my ass handed to me. But going into tonight's MNF I am leading by 4 pts and he's done while I have Emmanuel Sanders :)

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Tis True. Even our inside linebackers can't stop Marshawn without getting dragged for 6-7 yds first. When we play the Seatards in December @ Seattle, we are going to get ripped a new one (like we haven't already, multiple times, lolz). Russell Wilson will be so much better, and so will that defense.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Nov 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Tis True. Even our inside linebackers can't stop Marshawn without getting dragged for 6-7 yds first. When we play the Seatards in December @ Seattle, we are going to get ripped a new one (like we haven't already, multiple times, lolz). Russell Wilson will be so much better, and so will that defense.

not betting against these niners when everything looks bad. its only when the world is singing their praises does s**t go to hell. @ Seattle will be a battle but our boys are gonna come in to play. count it
If I were a player I'd be extremely ticked off right now. It's basically like they didn't even play the game. They work so hard all week practicing, game-planning, and to be "rewarded" with a tie? That's some bs.
can't be mad b/c we didnt lose, but also can't we happy b/c we didnt win. So...... time for drinking
We stunk today and should have lost. This team has taken a big step backwards this year. Harbaugh has been out coached a bunch of time this year. I say leave Kap in and see if we have our QB of the future. the NFL in general is a joke this year. There are no great teams for the season just great on a week at a time basis.
Share 49ersWebzone