LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Tie Game - how do you feel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
The way I view ties is:

If you should've lost then I consider it a small victory.

If you should've won then I consider it a loss.

We should've lost that game so while I'm not exactly happy I'm not depressed with at least coming out with a tie.

A tie gives you a better chance at the #2 seed then the loss does.

Actually, its the Rams. Sure, maybe vs GB or ATL, it might have held some sort of satisfaction. But to TIE with the RAMS, and AT HOME ?

Im not depressed, but not feeling really warn about it either.

You guys are forgetting this isn't the rams of last season and the many before. With Amendola in there, they have been a very competitive team. Infact with him playing they were a couple fourth quarter blown leads from being the top dog in the division. It's no coincidence that they have lost three in a row without him playing. He completely rejuvenates their passing game when he's in there and Bradford is clearly a more confident quarterback when Amendola is healthy.

People were just simply kidding themselves if they thought our divsion games were going to be our "bye weeks" so to speak.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Huego:
we lost our starting QB AND they converted on two fake punts and we STILL almost won in OT if Akers made that FG. I don't understand what you guys expect, this is the NFL, every week is going to be a dog fight...especially when facing a division rival coming out of a bye week with a good coach like Fisher. We'll be fine, let's just hope the Bears lose tonight and we beat them next week.

Agreed. Division games are always tough, and especially one where the opponent is well coached.

Special Teams gets an F across the board. I expect the problems to get resolved though.

Why? It hasn't been resolved all season. It's been a horrifc nightmare all year long.

Nowhere near what it was today.
49ers QBs Sacked 5x, AS was injured, VD again no TD, Willis played substandard and Akers missed winning FG. Guess the team is lucky with a tie, consider the rams also missed the winning FG in OT...

Uninspired 49er football is boring.
we lost our starting QB AND they converted on two fake punts and we STILL almost won in OT if Akers made that FG. I don't understand what you guys expect, this is the NFL, every week is going to be a dog fight...especially when facing a division rival coming out of a bye week with a good coach like Fisher. We'll be fine, let's just hope the Bears lose tonight and we beat them next week.

Agreed. Division games are always tough, and especially one where the opponent is well coached.

Special Teams gets an F across the board. I expect the problems to get resolved though.

Why? It hasn't been resolved all season. It's been a horrifc nightmare all year long.

There has been a huge dropoff all year. Ginn less explosive although solid. Akers missing FG after FG. Horrific kick and punt coverage. This is not a good special teams.
Originally posted by MrTruth:
49ers QBs Sacked 5x, AS was injured, VD again no TD, Willis played substandard and Akers missed winning FG. Guess the team is lucky with a tie, consider the rams also missed the winning FG in OT...

Uninspired 49er football is boring.

just wait till the game after the london game next year...
Originally posted by THEB:

Special teams saved us the f**king game are you kidding? Do you not remember that clutch strip to get us a TD?

Lol ok bud. Despite the strip they get a big fat F.

We wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place had Special Teams not totally failed on that fake punt. Twice. Or if Akers had missed.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
The way I view ties is:

We should've lost that game so while I'm not exactly happy I'm not depressed with at least coming out with a tie.

Actually, its the Rams. Sure, maybe vs GB or ATL, it might have held some sort of satisfaction. But to TIE with the RAMS, and AT HOME ?

You guys are forgetting this isn't the rams of last season and the many before. With Amendola in there, they have been a very competitive team. Infact with him playing they were a couple fourth quarter blown leads from being the top dog in the division. It's no coincidence that they have lost three in a row without him playing. He completely rejuvenates their passing game when he's in there and Bradford is clearly a more confident quarterback when Amendola is healthy.

People were just simply kidding themselves if they thought our divsion games were going to be our "bye weeks" so to speak.

You can spin it any way you want, it's still the 3-5 Rams coming into the game with 3 straight losses, including a 35+ beating by the hands of the Pats a couple weeks back.

Playing competitive is one thing, but no reason why this game should have even been close. Even with Kaep in there. We let down our guard in the first half....picked it up in the second, but too little too late.

There has been a huge dropoff all year. Ginn less explosive although solid. Akers missing FG after FG. Horrific kick and punt coverage. This is not a good special teams.

You're right about that. But today was a complete fail, more so than any game this year.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Brandon Jacobs with the tongue-in-cheek-tweet: "Keep working." and "I hope I get to wear these football gloves one day...."

I still can't figure out why we let Blake Costanzo go. He wasn't the whole glue but we clearly can see the drop off without him in a 49er uniform.

I still can't figure out why we let Blake Costanzo go. He wasn't the whole glue but we clearly can see the drop off without him in a 49er uniform.

Colin Jones too. We have guys who don't even dress like Brandon Jacobs. Dixon who does dress is buried deep on the RB depth chart and is a bad special teamer IMO.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Brandon Jacobs with the tongue-in-cheek-tweet: "Keep working." and "I hope I get to wear these football gloves one day...."

I'm getting to the point where I want them to get rid of him already. I have no idea why they even bothered with him in the first place. Gore, Hunter, Dixon, James? I mean seriously?

No doubt about it. I was sad when I heard that Constanzo left, I really do think he WAS the glue that kept the ST together. That guy definitely knew how to cover the field AND tackle.
The way I view ties is:

You can spin it any way you want, it's still the 3-5 Rams coming into the game with 3 straight losses, including a 35+ beating by the hands of the Pats a couple weeks back.

Playing competitive is one thing, but no reason why this game should have even been close. Even with Kaep in there. We let down our guard in the first half....picked it up in the second, but too little too late.

This is the NFL bro and the parity in the league has never been bigger. Thats why you see teams like the Titans beating the Steelers. The Atlanta Falcons an 8-0 team got beat by a 3-5 team today. By your logic, imagine how they feel.
Originally posted by SaksV:

Too bad he cant hold Franks Jock strap. He is uneeded and a waste of a roster spot.
Share 49ersWebzone