There are 197 users in the forums

Tie Game - how do you feel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
More concerning is our defense. I thought they flat out sucked today. Somebody tried blaming the special teams...please.

Our defense dug us an early hole, and then dug it again after we got out only forced turnover thank to the special teams.

We couldn't do crap today defensively, stop the run, stop the pass, tackle....it was like it was 2010 again.
that is what is so frustrating we returned nearly everyone on defense and now they suck? what is the deal. if someone can explain what is going on I would appreciate it. off day or is the defense just playing soft?
We lost.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Armand: Al, you old son of a b***h! How ya doin'? How do you feel about that call today? I mean the Dolphins! Fourth-and-three play on their 30 yard line with only 34 seconds to go!

Albert: How do you think I feel? Betrayed, bewildered... wrong response?
Not sure if the embarrassment of a tie is better than the shame of a loss...I think I'll just puke and call it a night...
Got lucky to even get a tie (bailed out by two dumb ram penalties). Defense looked soft throughout and I have NO confidence in Akers (something has been off with him since week 2). Would have been nice to escape with a win and re-group for the Bears. Tough road ahead...
We are desperately lacking depth in key positions on this team, as well as special team playmakers. Those first to picks sitting on the Inactive are really starting to piss me off. Could have been used elsewhere. Plenty of needs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Dont look at the tie. Look at the LOSS column.

One has to assume that the likely 1-2 seeds will have a 13-3 or 12-4 record. At least the second seed will.

If CHI or ATL ends up at 13-3, we lose out. However, if any of them end up with a 12-4 record, and we end up 12-3-1, we get the top seed. I like our odds; its a higher chance to end up 12-4 than 13-3.

We could lose 1 more game in that scenario. That's tough. At Seattle, at Saints and at Patriots still to come. Don't forget at Rams who just tied us at home. It's tough to see us with 1 more loss in there after this year. But maybe. The special teams is just so bad. The offense isn't prolific.

True. More likely we'll end up 11-4-1 than 12-3-1. This team does not look championship caliber, and Id hate to see them have to travel to Atlanta or Chicago in the playoffs.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
We are desperately lacking depth in key positions on this team, as well as special team playmakers. Those first to picks sitting on the Inactive are really starting to piss me off. Could have been used elsewhere. Plenty of needs.

i agree with this....we are not as deep as many think we are. we need d line olb and corner depth....we need an extra lineman besides leonard davis...more upgrades at wr would help and a kicker apparently
They probably should have won, but it was a home game against a team we should beat. Both teams will leave tonight feeling like they failed.

One has to assume that the likely 1-2 seeds will have a 13-3 or 12-4 record. At least the second seed will.

If CHI or ATL ends up at 13-3, we lose out. However, if any of them end up with a 12-4 record, and we end up 12-3-1, we get the top seed. I like our odds; its a higher chance to end up 12-4 than 13-3.

We could lose 1 more game in that scenario. That's tough. At Seattle, at Saints and at Patriots still to come. Don't forget at Rams who just tied us at home. It's tough to see us with 1 more loss in there after this year. But maybe. The special teams is just so bad. The offense isn't prolific.

True. More likely we'll end up 11-4-1 than 12-3-1. This team does not look championship caliber, and Id hate to see them have to travel to Atlanta or Chicago in the playoffs.

They definitely don't look Championship caliber to me. Playoff caliber sure. Carried by a strong D. The special teams is horrific. Offense is not prolific at all.

D Line doesn't have fresh bodies to sub in, they started the year not looking as dominant as last year, now they are looking flat out tired, but they haven't been as bad as they were today at giving up big(by our standards) running lanes, so im chalking that up to the bye a bit, because even our LB's looked slow and weak out there, Harbaugh needs to keep the guys in shape and in the facilities more, this is not a Super Bowl team...yet. But we can be, just have to fire at the right time, we have the D to do it, Alex has gotten better, still needs to improve and stay healthy, but we can def do it. Honestly the first round bye would be nice again, but the last couple superbowls have been teams going the distance from wild card weekend, if we get hot we can def do that.
Awful. Hopefully they win next week and Smith is ok. I also hope Chicago loses this week. No one loses ground that way.
I really don't know how to feel right now. For the game I feel down because we have a tough schedule ahead of us and this is one we should and needed to win. As far as how I feel about the season, I'm not feeling real good...Only because I don't feel the team as a whole is playing as well as they did last season, and I expected Us to play better then this off of a bye and now I can only hope Smith is OK. At the same time I feel good we did not lose and We are in the playoff hunt. We will know pretty quick the next few weeks where we stand with the tough teams comming up.

They definitely don't look Championship caliber to me. Playoff caliber sure. Carried by a strong D. The special teams is horrific. Offense is not prolific at all.

Home field advantage is a MUST. At least until the NFCC....then it's anyone's game, unless we have to go to ATL. Definitely not a dome team, IMO.
Two fake punt conversions allowed, including one on the go ahead drive for the rams late in the 4th. Unacceptable! Being that it already happened to them inside the rams own 10 yd line why were they not prepared for anything!? That's gm over if they stop that!
Share 49ersWebzone