There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tie Game - how do you feel?

RE: The defense

They might have partied a little too hard with the bye and were rusty. They also are leaned on heavily, week in and week out to anchor this team. They are still human though, and when they can't get off the field, and the offense doesn't buy them much rest, they can slip.

We do have positional weaknesses....3-4 WR sets puts us at a disadvantage because we have to go to a nickel or risk putting a LB on a WR.
Maybe we should tie the rest of our games and really screw up the playoff picture.
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
We are desperately lacking depth in key positions on this team, as well as special team playmakers. Those first to picks sitting on the Inactive are really starting to piss me off. Could have been used elsewhere. Plenty of needs.

i agree with this....we are not as deep as many think we are. we need d line olb and corner depth....we need an extra lineman besides leonard davis...more upgrades at wr would help and a kicker apparently

I agree, we had a failed draft SO FAR, IMHO. We needed a fresh body DE guy who could possibly be converted to a 3-4 OLB in the first round, not another small quick guy, if we were going to go WR we should of grabbed a tall burner. Maybe AJJ will pan out, but as of right now, he isn't starting over Kyle Williams and thats all i need to know. Although Kyle does get open deep on occasion and can catch the ball.

Anyways we need D line depth most of all IMO, they are starting to get gassed, and gashed by run games not filling their gaps which is totally out of character.
Originally posted by jkahn83:
Two fake punt conversions allowed, including one on the go ahead drive for the rams late in the 4th. Unacceptable! Being that it already happened to them inside the rams own 10 yd line why were they not prepared for anything!? That's gm over if they stop that!

I don't know how they anticipate something like that. Just tip your hat to Fisher for having the balls to do that twice.
Frank Gore the only one playing like a champion right now.
Originally posted by jkahn83:
Two fake punt conversions allowed, including one on the go ahead drive for the rams late in the 4th. Unacceptable! Being that it already happened to them inside the rams own 10 yd line why were they not prepared for anything!? That's gm over if they stop that!

That was a back breaker, we win the game in regulation if we can just stop a fake punt, absolutely unacceptable move by Seely by not putting the Defense and Ted Ginn on that field.
  • Huego
  • Veteran
we lost our starting QB AND they converted on two fake punts and we STILL almost won in OT if Akers made that FG. I don't understand what you guys expect, this is the NFL, every week is going to be a dog fight...especially when facing a division rival coming out of a bye week with a good coach like Fisher. We'll be fine, let's just hope the Bears lose tonight and we beat them next week.
[ Edited by Huego on Nov 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM ]
I felt like we got lucky we got a tie. I don't think Akers lost this game, the defense did. I'm actually impressed the offense kept the Niners in the game with Smith out.

The unfortunate part is that I'm convinced our defense isn't as good as last year's so that means the offense definitely has to step up big time to make up for that.
Originally posted by Huego:
we lost our starting QB AND they converted on two fake punts and we STILL almost won in OT if Akers made that FG. I don't understand what you guys expect, this is the NFL, every week is going to be a dog fight...especially when facing a division rival coming out of a bye week with a good coach like Fisher. We'll be fine, let's just hope the Bears lose tonight and we beat them next week.

I want the Bears to lose too but that would mean they will be desperate for a win next week so I rather they win tonight because I don't see them losing two games in a row.
Should have outright loss this game. Lucky to get a tie. I'm sure the Rams is feeling the same.
They need a better rotation on D, maybe start trusting in their backups more.

Agreed. Division games are always tough, and especially one where the opponent is well coached.

Special Teams gets an F across the board. I expect the problems to get resolved though.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Agreed. Division games are always tough, and especially one where the opponent is well coached.

Special Teams gets an F across the board. I expect the problems to get resolved though.

Why? It hasn't been resolved all season. It's been a horrifc nightmare all year long.

Special teams saved us the f**king game are you kidding? Do you not remember that clutch strip to get us a TD?
Originally posted by THEB:

Special teams saved us the f**king game are you kidding? Do you not remember that clutch strip to get us a TD?

ST gaffes have outweighed their clutch plays this year doe...last year it was the opposite