There are 205 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
CUT EM UP!!!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
Hopefully Alex is good to go by Monday night. I know Cutler's concussion was supposedly a lot worse and there's a good chance he may sit out Monday night.

I think we can still beat Chicago with Kap in there and Cutler starting.

really?

Yeah, I do. Cutler always plays crappy against us. I can see Aldon having a big day against their OL. Just a feeling.
Bears D is playing out of their minds this year with all the turnovers. That's why I'm praying Alex is healthy enough to play in this game. Other than the Giants game, his ball security has been excellent. I like what I saw from Kaep this past game, but he came dangerously close to being stripped of the ball at times and I'm not totally comfortable with him throwing the ball into the Bears secondary.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Peppers scares the hell out of me against Staley.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Peppers scares the hell out of me against Staley.

This.
Kaepernick vs Campbell on MNF would be interesting also
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Please let this happen
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094389/article/josh-mccown-reportedly-set-to-be-a-chicago-bear
  • Silky
  • Veteran
That article said Cutler might miss "some" games so it is feasible to think he will not play against us.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Please let this happen
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094389/article/josh-mccown-reportedly-set-to-be-a-chicago-bear

thats were he was last year(after we cut him and when Cutler got hurt) and this year during pre-season - the Bears only carry 2 QBs like the majority of the league does now so if they sign McCown he will back up Campbell on Monday. Thats what this move really is, its an indicator that the Bears medical staff isn't sure about Cutler's chances of playing.

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Please let this happen

This should be purely emergency backup scenario for them. Jason Campbell all the way.

Kaepbell has similar throwing mechanics.
I think I'd rather have Cutler play than Campbell. Campbell is a checkdown king at qb because he knows his downfield game is atrocious. Its the recipe to beat our team. Run, short pass, run, run, short pass. Forte is going to eat us up. At least Cutler will make some ill advised passes and take some sacks because he thinks his downfield game is unbeatable. And when it doesn't work its all the lines fault. I think we're going to get rolled on MNF no matter what if Alex doesn't play. Even then I have little confidence in our team when playing an upper echelon defense. The rams game was more humiliating than the Giants game IMO. The freaking Rams!!!!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
How f**king pathetic of our team to tie with the f**king Rams!

Seriously, if we had won a game we were "suppose" to win we would be going into Monday with a chance to take the 2nd seed away from the Bears and have a solid lead over the NFC West.

Dammit.

f**k the Bears, Go Niners!
Kaep is going to embarrass the Bears old and overrated defense if he plays and if AS plays he will do the same. They loss to the Packers; struggled with Lions, and Panthers. They beat up on Tennessee and the Jaguars and just took a sloppy loss to the Texans. No reason to fear the overrated Bears. If CK can outrun Laurinitis he can definitely dust old Briggs and Urlacher. Davis just needs to take care of Peppers. Tillman is a nobody. Special teams better do their job against Hester otherwise we're just fine.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Kaep is going to embarrass the Bears old and overrated defense if he plays and if AS plays he will do the same. They loss to the Packers; struggled with Lions, and Panthers. They beat up on Tennessee and the Jaguars and just took a sloppy loss to the Texans. No reason to fear the overrated Bears. If CK can outrun Laurinitis he can definitely dust old Briggs and Urlacher. Davis just needs to take care of Peppers. Tillman is a nobody. Special teams better do their job against Hester otherwise we're just fine.

Love the confidence.

It's possible the Bears are overrated, but let's not get too cocky. Let's prove it on the field first!

It could be a great scenario for the 49ers because we know they show up with their A game against every good team (Giants game, it was there for a quarter). Primetime also adds to that. When was the last time they played poorly on primetime, especially at home?
Share 49ersWebzone