LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 9)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would rather lose to be honest. This is like a double bye week or something. 2 weeks no wins but no losses. I swear you got to hesitate every time you say the niners are awesome or they are terrible because really it seems a new team shows up every week.
Originally posted by cciowa:
if you are an elite team,,,, you just do not do what they did today,, you just do not.

c'mon now... look what the Giants did today...

Elite teams can stumble and fall on their face...
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
we were lucky to even have this game be a tie....everyone in here talking about the refs costing us the game. That is laughable, we are lucky to walk away with a tie in all honesty

IDK about that, if we had those extra 72 seconds, we could have easily won at the end of regulation.

Then again, Fisher may have not called that T.O. before the go ahead and down play and ran out the clock more. You can't play a game of what if's, especially when clock management is so key to football. Who knows what plays would have been called if the extra minute was there?
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:34 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think we took the Rams best punch today and came out with a tie. We'll be better prepared when we play them in a couple weeks. We get our starting QB back, and Fisher will never be able to dupe us with fake punts again. He overplayed that card and he can't use it save them next time.

Gotta....gotta...stop Amendola, he's not just a big part of the Rams offense, he basically is their offense, he killed the 49ers on so many clutch 3rd down catches that it was insane. Take him away and the rest of their receivers aint s**t.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
if you are an elite team,,,, you just do not do what they did today,, you just do not.

Agreed. Lets not all go jumping off cliffs.
Rogers is an average corner without a pass rush he's gonna get beat. Brown and Culliver didn't do any better. The real problem with the defense is that Raymac and Justin Smith have totally disappeared. Last year they were unstoppable. Now they aren't even mentioned at all. They running the same schemes but the players aren't performing.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

this....the Pats also lost to the Cardinals at home. It happens.
We always struggle against those quick slot receivers. Cruz and Amendola are too much for us to handle. The problem is the Run D isn't getting it done. Teams have figured out ways to run on us. Our nose tackle is not getting the job done. Soapoga got pancaked a couple times today. Last year we dominated the line of scrimmage and there were never lanes for running backs. This year were getting pushed back and teams are opening lanes between the guards. I don't know what's going on with Mcdonald and Smith. I do know though that Soapoga is not playing nearly as well as he did last year. Our d-line use to bully people, now were getting bullied.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I'll admit that Alex Smith is not the greatest QB in the NFL today, but this team will have a hard time making a playoff run without him behind center. A playoff berth is too much to expect out of a second year QB who has never started a game.

I wonder how long Alex will be out for.

I think Kaep will look better with a full week of practice with the 1's and knowing and preparing to be the starter. He did settled down in the second half and played as good as the situation presented. I think we will be OK for 2-3 games. Not sure if beyond that. Defense will know how to deal with Kaep with more pressure, and knowing who he like to go to with his first read.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:36 PM ]
I think we took the Rams best punch today and came out with a tie. We'll be better prepared when we play them in a couple weeks. We get our starting QB back, and Fisher will never be able to dupe us with fake punts again. He overplayed that card and he can't use it save them next time.

exactly. this was almost as good as the rams could possibly play today (besides the stupid penalties). this was a good game to remind our players that our division is HUNGRY. we're playing a very good team next week in chicago @ monday night @ home. time to put in that hard work

So if the #2 seed ends up 12-4 and we end up 12-3-1 who gets the tie breaker?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Gotta....gotta...stop Amendola, he's not just a big part of the Rams offense, he basically is their offense, he killed the 49ers on so many clutch 3rd down catches that it was insane. Take him away and the rest of their receivers aint s**t.

Was just about to post that as well. Amendola is a stud. I don't know if we can stop him. Very difficult to limit a quick, shifty slot receiver like that. He's always put in situations where it's a mismatch. He's going to get his catches. The big thing is we have to tackle better IMO. S-Jax got too many yards after contact, and their receivers picked up too much YAC.
Soooo, I guess this means not a single person will have correctly predicted our season record this year lol

Also, our last 4 home games vs. the Rams have either been us shutting them out, or it going to overtime haha
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
The Niners had 2 weeks to prepare for the LOWLY Rams, Bears and the D looked like it was still on vacation. An embarrassment at HOME.

fixed

and

100% sure the rams had 2 weeks for us to prepare as well
Originally posted by communist:
??? What do we do?

Well, I was thinking that we have four DBs with decent speed playing with two MLBs with elite speed (for MLBs) and that gives the team six guys to cover the field pretty well. But if teams are able to isolate their speedy quick receivers one on one, it is advantage to the offense. Aldon and Brooks aren't used much in the pass D and so teams know if their is going to be extra coverage it's from the middle. Aldon did cover on a few plays but luckily the ball went elsewhere. Guys like Amendola and Cruz just give our DBs fits! Hitting hard does't work if you can't get to the guy fast enough.

And why do so many of our players try to tackle Jackson high? The guys is a bull! They needed to go for his feet or knees.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone