There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Frank play against Arizona?

Should Frank play against Arizona?

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Not only no, but hell no. This is an important divisional game were we have an opportunity to put some distance between the 2nd best team in the division. Gore is a warrior and JH knows it. In the NFL, bruised ribs isn't a reason to sit, especially for big divisional Monday night games such as this.

You voted no but your message sounds like you want to vote yes...
Exactly. I misread the question. My bad.
He gets 3 extra days rest after that last game, and then a whole BYE week after the next one. It's a divisional game on Monday night. He should suit up, play if healthy.
I think we should run him into the ground so he's worthless or injured by the time we hit the playoffs.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 24, 2012 at 1:05 PM ]
Gore will run through Arizona's defense for 250 yards.
I'm amazed that some posters actually want a damaged Frank to play. It's precisely because he's a "warrior" that he shouldn't play. It would only increase the risk of further damage or a longer recovery, because you know he'd downplay the pain. And playing him a limited number of carries makes even less sense, risking him for undoubtedly little reward. And for what? Why load up on running backs, including using a high draft choice, if not for situations exactly like this? Rest him, rest him, and oh, did I say, rest him?
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I'm amazed that some posters actually want a damaged Frank to play. It's precisely because he's a "warrior" that he shouldn't play. It would only increase the risk of further damage or a longer recovery, because you know he'd downplay the pain. And playing him a limited number of carries makes even less sense, risking him for undoubtedly little reward. And for what? Why load up on running backs, including using a high draft choice, if not for situations exactly like this? Rest him, rest him, and oh, did I say, rest him?

11 days off isn't a usual week. I would be very surprised if #21 wasn't back there to start Monday Night.

That being said, I would completely condone sitting Gore, keeping him fresh for the second half of the season is smart. But I doubt it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
reports are that he is doing well in practice so there is no reason not for him to play. besides will you tell him he is not playing? i would not i am a coward
Asked what was behind Frank Gore's gaudy 5.8 yards-per-carry average, Roman said that last year Gore still was dealing with the after effects of a broken hip when he reported to training camp.

"We challenged him to be in the best shape of his life coming into training camp this year," Roman said. "I think he answered the challenge."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/10/buzzer-beater-iupatis-prowess-in-meetings-foreshadowed-big-game.html#storylink=cpy

They finally told us what was happening to Frank towards the end of last year. 5.8 yds/carry average
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 26, 2012 at 2:11 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Asked what was behind Frank Gore's gaudy 5.8 yards-per-carry average, Roman said that last year Gore still was dealing with the after effects of a broken hip when he reported to training camp.

"We challenged him to be in the best shape of his life coming into training camp this year," Roman said. "I think he answered the challenge."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/10/buzzer-beater-iupatis-prowess-in-meetings-foreshadowed-big-game.html#storylink=cpy

They finally told us what was happening to Frank towards the end of last year. 5.8 yds/carry average

Gore was running great in the beginning of 2011 though
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Uh no he wasn't........
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Quote:

Uh no he wasn't........

Just checked and he's actually doing worse this year
I wonder if Frank is really going to play Monday? I wouldn't put it past Harbaugh to be bluffing.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I wonder if Frank is really going to play Monday? I wouldn't put it past Harbaugh to be bluffing.

If he doesn't then it's really going to be tough to play our game plan, can't count on AS if there is no Gore
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

If he doesn't then it's really going to be tough to play our game plan, can't count on AS if there is no Gore

Not that Gore wont be missed, but Hunter is no slouch. I also wouldn't mind seeing Jacobs.
Yes. This is a big game.