LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 375 users in the forums

Should Frank play against Arizona?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Frank play against Arizona?

Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Anthony Dixon is gonna have a breakout game

Anthony Dixon sucks.....LOL
Can't afford for Frank to hurt himself more and jeopardize the rest of his year.

We have plenty of backup at that position and should be able to get the win without taking a chance with his health.
I voted play, but after had posters remorse..Maybe he should rest, like others have said; why have all this deep RB bench that was put together solely to do this if not use it? Rest the Tank when he needs it..I hereby change to rest him..
Originally posted by RonMexico:
cut him

My goodness!
Let him rest for this game. Time to unleash James and Jacobs
activate him and see how the game goes, if we need him use him....if not let him watch
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Jacobs will fumble on purpose

I saw him in the Cardinals' locker room following their loss to Minnesota, that's probably when he was planning it with them

Lol'd for some reason
With out Gore our offense would be to hard to watch

Unless we activate LaMichael of course
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Anthony Dixon is gonna have a breakout game

yes two special teams tackles.

and 8 tweets
We definitely have the man power to allow him a much needed break. Question is would you rather have him now or in the playoffs?

This is an important mid season game and we'll probably need him. Still I'd like him to sit this one out we ain't doing nothing in the postseason with this offense without a healthy Frank Gore.
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
We definitely have the man power to allow him a much needed break. Question is would you rather have him now or in the playoffs?

Right, this game is important but not so important it's worth losing him for months on account of it.
Dress him. We need to have the opposition waste time to scheme for him and worry about him during the game. Don't play him unless we're holding a slender lead in the 2nd half: I haven't got the stats but Frank always seems to bulldoze over 2nd half defences. As for the 46 man roster: you can't de-activate Dixon; kick coverge is awful enough as it is. If it's possible to de-activate someone else and bring on LMJ, fine, otherwise go with Hunter, Jacobs and the threat of Frank.
If Frank is healthy enough to lace up his cleats he'll be playing. First of all there's not a back on this roster that can pass protect period, let alone as well as Frank. Having said that I'd be shocked if we don't finally see Jacobs get some love. If he cant get on the field when Frankis busted up with bruised ribs then he wont see the field at all this season unless there is a significant injury to either Frank or Kendall.

Frank will ball out because its MNF and its what he does! The guy still amazes me after all these years. While I expect the 49ers to let him play I'd expect his workload to be much less. 8-10 carries. Same for Jacobs and Hunter. I want to see our guys pound those loud mouth Tard defensive lineman into submission. Nothing more deflating for a team than getting run all over! GO NINERS GO! Our ground game is devastating and the guys will be coming in rested and
Originally posted by paulk205:
Dress him. We need to have the opposition waste time to scheme for him and worry about him during the game. Don't play him unless we're holding a slender lead in the 2nd half: I haven't got the stats but Frank always seems to bulldoze over 2nd half defences. As for the 46 man roster: you can't de-activate Dixon; kick coverge is awful enough as it is. If it's possible to de-activate someone else and bring on LMJ, fine, otherwise go with Hunter, Jacobs and the threat of Frank.

Agree with this.

Remember in the Giants game last year, it took awhile for the Giants and 49er fans watching the game to realize Gore was hurt.

Definitely want him game planned for. Just like Kaepernikus....but don't want to see him in the game unless big lead.
Share 49ersWebzone