LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

Should Frank play against Arizona?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Frank play against Arizona?

Not only no, but hell no. This is an important divisional game were we have an opportunity to put some distance between the 2nd best team in the division. Gore is a warrior and JH knows it. In the NFL, bruised ribs isn't a reason to sit, especially for big divisional Monday night games such as this.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Not only no, but hell no. This is an important divisional game were we have an opportunity to put some distance between the 2nd best team in the division. Gore is a warrior and JH knows it. In the NFL, bruised ribs isn't a reason to sit, especially for big divisional Monday night games such as this.

You voted no but your message sounds like you want to vote yes...
Originally posted by RonMexico:
cut him

I change my vote to this
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
cut him

I change my vote to this

Yep that is probably the only option we have.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
gore is glass
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

You voted no but your message sounds like you want to vote yes...
That is what I was thinking. Looks like another vote to sit Gore.
Can you add 'limit Gore to ~8 - 10 carries' as an option?
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
I would say this is NOT a trap game for 5 reasons

1) Our offense has been mediocre (at best) and the entire team knows it

2) It's a division game and our record is only 5-2

3) It's a Monday night game and our team will be amped(watch out for #11 on both teams!)

4) The Niner's know that AZ has a killer defense...

5) Jim Harbaugh

11th ranked offense according to footballoutsiders.com
Originally posted by nickbradley:

no, he is now the work horse of the team.

He puts the team on his shoulders when he runs...and now he bails out AS in the pass.

Gore will break down from being hit every snap (including pass protection)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

He puts the team on his shoulders when he runs...and now he bails out AS in the pass.

1. i think you can try to limit him to 8 carries but telling him that is a different story
2. does everything have to have a negative alex smith vibe to it around here?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
yes two special teams tackles.

only if the ball carrier stumbles and falls down, that is the only way dixon can catch up to him. do not get me started about dixon
You play to win the game and there's no point resting Frank if it gives the team a lesser chance to win, potentially hurting their chances of winning the division and missing out on the playoffs (seems unlikely, but it's a crazy league). That being said, I say dress him but he rides pine until it looks like the Cards are stopping the other backs.

I personally have kind of wondered if bringing Frank in as a "closer" of sorts wouldn't be a good idea at some point. If they are limiting his carries to between 15-20 a game anyway, why not make them come at the end after the defense has been softened up and let him finish them off. He was still running so strong at the end of the Seahawks game and they clearly were feeling the effects of getting beat on by the O-line, imagine what he could have done with fresh legs and a tired defense.
Originally posted by cciowa:

1. i think you can try to limit him to 8 carries but telling him that is a different story
i meant it in a positive way
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

i meant it in a positive way
well, then i am sorry
I don't think so, we are stacked at the position and this is the point where Frank began to fade last year. Why not rest him and let the other guys get some work so that we know what we will get from our group of running-backs?
Share 49ersWebzone