There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Just an observation, but other than Doug Martin there really aren't any rookie RBs or WRs making a significant impact for their team this season. Maybe we should just relax and let it play out...

they should have got some pass rush in the first two rounds,, hoping and thinking they would be as good as they were last year is a losing strategy not to mention incredibly arrogant. well we see what is taking place now so i hope they are happy with thier draft "strategy"

Kourtney upshaw, Derek Wolfe, Doug martin, Janoris Jenkins, Coby Fleener. Those are just a couple of guys that we could have had in the first that would have at the very least been active on gamedays. There are more.

Tons of lineman also went between our first and second, that we could have made a play for

Then you have the second pick, could have had casey Hayward, Oliver Vernon, Dwayne Allen, just to name a couple of guys that would have also been at the very least active on gamedays.

There really is no excuse for the way this draft was handled
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
examples?

See my last post.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Just an observation, but other than Doug Martin there really aren't any rookie RBs or WRs making a significant impact for their team this season. Maybe we should just relax and let it play out...

they should have got some pass rush in the first two rounds,, hoping and thinking they would be as good as they were last year is a losing strategy not to mention incredibly arrogant. well we see what is taking place now so i hope they are happy with thier draft "strategy"

They drafted 2 LBs and still had Parys Haralson they just happened to get hurt this offseason, cant predict injuries.Its not like the niners didnt address the position
yes with a couple of stiffs late in the draft. they could have gotten someone who was actually good with those first two picks,,, and then they bungled the haralson thing by signing a dud they knew could get suspended, arrogance
They drafted 2 LBs and still had Parys Haralson they just happened to get hurt this offseason, cant predict injuries.Its not like the niners didnt address the position

No. One of them Got hurt and he was a 5th rounder. The other was a 7th round flyer and a huge project. I would not exactly call that adressing the OLB position properly. Here is the thing, Injurys do happen in the NFL, and they left the OLB position extremely thin, opening up the door for the lack of depth and rotation we now see.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Kourtney upshaw, Derek Wolfe, Doug martin, Janoris Jenkins, Coby Fleener. Those are just a couple of guys that we could have had in the first that would have at the very least been active on gamedays. There are more.

Tons of lineman also went between our first and second, that we could have made a play for

Then you have the second pick, could have had casey Hayward, Oliver Vernon, Dwayne Allen, just to name a couple of guys that would have also been at the very least active on gamedays.

There really is no excuse for the way this draft was handled
sorry i did not give credit to idaho,, he was actually way ahead of anyone else here,, just took me a while to catch up
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

No. One of them Got hurt and he was a 5th rounder. The other was a 7th round flyer and a huge project. I would not exactly call that adressing the OLB position properly. Here is the thing, Injurys do happen in the NFL, and they left the OLB position extremely thin, opening up the door for the lack of depth and rotation we now see.
but what the f**k,, we got plenty of wide outs and running backs. terrible just terrible and the more our weaknesses on defense get exposed, the worst thier "strategy" looks

yes with a couple of stiffs late in the draft. they could have gotten someone who was actually good with those first two picks,,, and then they bungled the haralson thing by signing a dud they knew could get suspended, arrogance

What outside LBs could we have drafted in our draft slots in the 1st and 2nd round?
i'd like to see jacobs play this week against the bears!

What outside LBs could we have drafted in our draft slots in the 1st and 2nd round?
Courtney Upshaw......went to the Ravens

For all your posts you sure don't like to read. I gave an example in each round several posts up. Do i need to tell you who plays what position for what team? Or can you figure that out for yourself?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Courtney Upshaw......went to the Ravens

I gave several examples in a post a ways up on the page. Not gonna spell it out more than that for him.
Courtney Upshaw at 30? pass. He wasn't a good pass rusher at Alabama and he won't be one in the NFL.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Courtney Upshaw at 30? pass. He wasn't a good pass rusher at Alabama and he won't be one in the NFL.

would you like depth at OLB now or have a WR that never starts?

For all your posts you sure don't like to read. I gave an example in each round several posts up. Do i need to tell you who plays what position for what team? Or can you figure that out for yourself?
Im asking cciowa to give me names cuz he is obviously just riding your jock and doesnt know what he is talking about. Hindsight is 20/20, lets look at the facts prior to the draft shall we?

We signed Manningham, Moss and Ginn. Crabtree and Williams were the only guys under contract. You knew what you were gonna get from Manningham and Crabtree. No one knew what Moss was gonna bring to the table after being off for a year, We know Ginn is only around for his special teams ability and there were talks of Kyle Williams not even making the team. Made perfect sense to get a WR especially if the niners were taking BPA on their boards not yours or cciowas.

the pick of James was the same thing. Hunter and Gore were the only proven guys. Jacobs seemed like he was only here for short yardage stuff and again talks fo Dixon not even making the team cuz he wasnt progressing as RB like they thought he would. No garauntee that if we drafted Martin in the first that he would be suiting up especially considering how well Gore and Hunter have performed . Wolfe is the only guy that you mentioned that could have seen playing time but obviously the Niners didnt feel as good about him as you to draft him in the first round. We are also stacked at CB so I dont know why you are rattling off CB names cuz they wouldnt be seeing any playing time over Rogers, Brown and Culliver
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SFrush:

would you like depth at OLB now or have a WR that never starts?
we drafted for depth later in the draft at OLB