LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 196 users in the forums

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For those of you who still hate these picks, who would have you taken that would be playing now? I understand there is a bit of a gap at OLB, but that wouldnt be the case if not for injuries so I dont blame the draft for that. They have pretty solid depth at every position. Unless you wanted to draft a special teams stud it would have been hard for anyone to be playing on this team. Also it is not like Jenkins was a top 15 pick. He was a couple of picks from being a second rounder. Give the guy a year and let him rip it up next year when more than one receiver will be leaving the team.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
IMO, this is the way it's SUPPOSED to be. Rookies are supposed to get a chance to learn and grow before being thrown on the field. However, this is a results now NFL, and the teams and fans want to see someone immediately become the next greatest thing.
Originally posted by Janitor:
IMO, this is the way it's SUPPOSED to be. Rookies are supposed to get a chance to learn and grow before being thrown on the field. However, this is a results now NFL, and the teams and fans want to see someone immediately become the next greatest thing.

QFT
Who knows, today one of these guys could be suit up.

Legitimate question, have any of our rookies even suited up for a game yet?
Celek, not sure about others
Originally posted by b9er37:

Good call, didn't think about him. So only a UDFA rookie , I don't know if that's good or not. I understand we have a solid line up, but even good teams get good production from rookies.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Oct 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I say we keep Ginn. At receiver next year, we'd have Manningham (who I want locked up longterm if he continues), Crabtree, Jenkins, Williams, and would still have room for a 5th receiver. Why not Ted Ginn? I like him not only because he's a good returner, but he's also a smart returner. You can't plug anyone back there and expect them to be able to make the heads up decisions that he makes.

How can you include Jenkins in that list when the dude hasn't stood in for a single snap this season? I think that with time, we will see that Jenkins was a HUGE mistake. I hope I am proven wrong, but since when do FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS not even get activated, let alone, ride the pine? No... Something really stinks here. I see a trade and a cutting of losses in the future...

As for James, I think he has a lot of upside. The only problem, is that I see him as a more of a "change of pace" type of RB. We already have one of those in Hunter. I think that Jacobs finishes out his career in San Francisco, so I simply don't know if James has a place on this team.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by b9er37:

Good call, didn't think about him. So only a UDFA rookie , I don't know if that's good or not. I understand we have a solid line up, but even good teams get good production from rookies.
I believe Robinson has suited up and played a couple snaps on special teams, no stats though.
Two rookies on a Superbowl challenger not expected to start are not starting unless something unexpected happens.
Originally posted by Janitor:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Look what happened to Aaron Rodgers. Sat behind Favre for 3-4 season than burst onto the scene. In my opinion, I believe he's the best QB in the league atm.

Great front office management by the Packers. Something the Colts didn't do, but it worked out for them in the end. They got Luck.

Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoCSN) tweeted at 5:13 PM on Mon, Oct 29, 2012:
49ers inactives: RB B.Jacobs, RB L.James, WR A.J. Jenkins, QB Tolzien, S T.Robinson, G J.Looney, NT I.Williams. #mnf
(https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/263055922329448448)

Well, not today for either of them.
49ers inactives: RB B.Jacobs, RB L.James, WR A.J. Jenkins, QB Tolzien, S T.Robinson, G J.Looney, NT I.Williams. #mnf

Jacobs has got to be pissed
Originally posted by jreff22:

Jacobs has got to be pissed

For sure, as long as we keep winning, it shouldn't be a big deal. But if we start losing, we could be in real trouble. Easy way to not be in trouble, keep winning!
Jacobs is turning into a waste of money.
Moss has not shown anything this season. Jenkins should be on the field, if Moss isn't producing what's the point of playing him.
Share 49ersWebzone