There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Moss has not shown anything this season. Jenkins should be on the field, if Moss isn't producing what's the point of playing him.

Ahem.
so if they dont play at all this year, are they eligible for rookie of the year next year?
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by Janitor:
IMO, this is the way it's SUPPOSED to be. Rookies are supposed to get a chance to learn and grow before being thrown on the field. However, this is a results now NFL, and the teams and fans want to see someone immediately become the next greatest thing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Look what happened to Aaron Rodgers. Sat behind Favre for 3-4 season than burst onto the scene. In my opinion, I believe he's the best QB in the league atm.

Great front office management by the Packers. Something the Colts didn't do, but it worked out for them in the end. They got Luck.

A QB selected 24th overall, riding the pine behind an NFL legend is =/= to a first round WR and a second round RB from the same draft class not even being active on game days. In todays NFL you cannot have nearly your entire draft class contribute 0 to the team.
The most any receiver has caught this year is 7 in a game. 7. That's it. We barely use Moss so why risk a rookie down a tough 2nd half schedule en route to the playoffs? Who knows...and the only way James gets carries is if there is an injury or Jacobs quits.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Who knows, today one of these guys could be suit up.

Legitimate question, have any of our rookies even suited up for a game yet?

Yes, trenton robinson played special teams.
I would like to see them in at least 1 game. However, I would bet we dont see them at all unless we win the division in the next few weeks. With seattle playing the way they are, I dont see us running away with the division this year. 7 games left, I think it's going to be very interesting to see what happens.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,842
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by Janitor:
IMO, this is the way it's SUPPOSED to be. Rookies are supposed to get a chance to learn and grow before being thrown on the field. However, this is a results now NFL, and the teams and fans want to see someone immediately become the next greatest thing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Look what happened to Aaron Rodgers. Sat behind Favre for 3-4 season than burst onto the scene. In my opinion, I believe he's the best QB in the league atm.

Great front office management by the Packers. Something the Colts didn't do, but it worked out for them in the end. They got Luck.

A QB selected 24th overall, riding the pine behind an NFL legend is =/= to a first round WR and a second round RB from the same draft class not even being active on game days. In todays NFL you cannot have nearly your entire draft class contribute 0 to the team.
susweet and i agree with you and thats about it,, sad to say. i guess they thought they could just get the same players to do the same things this year as they did last year. we saw what the rookies did last year, to bad they got away from thier game plan but that is not the first time the coaches have went away from something that works.
Just an observation, but other than Doug Martin there really aren't any rookie RBs or WRs making a significant impact for their team this season. Maybe we should just relax and let it play out...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,842
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Just an observation, but other than Doug Martin there really aren't any rookie RBs or WRs making a significant impact for their team this season. Maybe we should just relax and let it play out...

they should have got some pass rush in the first two rounds,, hoping and thinking they would be as good as they were last year is a losing strategy not to mention incredibly arrogant. well we see what is taking place now so i hope they are happy with thier draft "strategy"
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by Janitor:
IMO, this is the way it's SUPPOSED to be. Rookies are supposed to get a chance to learn and grow before being thrown on the field. However, this is a results now NFL, and the teams and fans want to see someone immediately become the next greatest thing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Look what happened to Aaron Rodgers. Sat behind Favre for 3-4 season than burst onto the scene. In my opinion, I believe he's the best QB in the league atm.

Great front office management by the Packers. Something the Colts didn't do, but it worked out for them in the end. They got Luck.

A QB selected 24th overall, riding the pine behind an NFL legend is =/= to a first round WR and a second round RB from the same draft class not even being active on game days. In todays NFL you cannot have nearly your entire draft class contribute 0 to the team.
susweet and i agree with you and thats about it,, sad to say. i guess they thought they could just get the same players to do the same things this year as they did last year. we saw what the rookies did last year, to bad they got away from thier game plan but that is not the first time the coaches have went away from something that works.

Yea im done talking about it. All it does is bring out the "well this QB sat, and it was ok" arguements. Like i said, one player sitting =/= to an entire draft making no contributions. This Team is good upfront, but lacks quality depth at nearly every position besides WR, QB, and RB.

I keep asking someone to give me a single example of a team that has done what we have done this year in the draft and been successful. Haven't had anyone give me an example yet. They just keep making the same excuses about why the #1 and #2 draft picks arent even active on game days. they fail to see that other players could have been had at those pics that would have been active and at the very least contributed sparingly. Blind optimism is just that.

We make the playoffs one season and all of a sudden were the deepest team in the history of football and can afford to have the draft that we did? The patriots get contributions every single year from rookies. Thats why they stay on top. Good teams, regardless of depth, find players in the draft that can contribute year one. Im not saying they have to be superstars, but you cant have no contribution from a single draft pick.

I have said all along that i really like Harbaalkie. But i think they screwed this 2012 draft bigtime, and i bet if you were close to either one of them and got them drunk in a bar, they would admit it. Draft Gets an F from me.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,420
What if James is our Doug Martin but we just don't know yet?
Originally posted by cciowa:
susweet and i agree with you and thats about it,, sad to say. i guess they thought they could just get the same players to do the same things this year as they did last year. we saw what the rookies did last year, to bad they got away from thier game plan but that is not the first time the coaches have went away from something that works.

You two seem to agree on everything. I'm starting to guess that's not a coincidence.
[ Edited by SFrush on Nov 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by VDSF:
What if James is our Doug Martin but we just don't know yet?

he is.

[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Just an observation, but other than Doug Martin there really aren't any rookie RBs or WRs making a significant impact for their team this season. Maybe we should just relax and let it play out...

they should have got some pass rush in the first two rounds,, hoping and thinking they would be as good as they were last year is a losing strategy not to mention incredibly arrogant. well we see what is taking place now so i hope they are happy with thier draft "strategy"

They drafted 2 LBs and still had Parys Haralson they just happened to get hurt this offseason, cant predict injuries.Its not like the niners didnt address the position
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Yea im done talking about it. All it does is bring out the "well this QB sat, and it was ok" arguements. Like i said, one player sitting =/= to an entire draft making no contributions. This Team is good upfront, but lacks quality depth at nearly every position besides WR, QB, and RB.

I keep asking someone to give me a single example of a team that has done what we have done this year in the draft and been successful. Haven't had anyone give me an example yet. They just keep making the same excuses about why the #1 and #2 draft picks arent even active on game days. they fail to see that other players could have been had at those pics that would have been active and at the very least contributed sparingly. Blind optimism is just that.

We make the playoffs one season and all of a sudden were the deepest team in the history of football and can afford to have the draft that we did? The patriots get contributions every single year from rookies. Thats why they stay on top. Good teams, regardless of depth, find players in the draft that can contribute year one. Im not saying they have to be superstars, but you cant have no contribution from a single draft pick.

I have said all along that i really like Harbaalkie. But i think they screwed this 2012 draft bigtime, and i bet if you were close to either one of them and got them drunk in a bar, they would admit it. Draft Gets an F from me.

examples?