There are 137 users in the forums

quarterback controversy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Promo:
This offense is perfectly suited to start a 1st or 2nd year quarterback. It's the same kind of offense that Pittsburgh used in Big Ben's first-year. Pound the ball and throw it 20-25 times a game. While Kaep may make a few more mistakes than Alex, our big plays will also go up and I believe that our points/game would increase as well.

It's over for Alex, fellas. Whether they switch after the bye or during the offseason. They treat the guy, an 8-year veteran like he's fresh out of college. They have no confidence in his ability to make plays. Everything for him is manufactured. The wheel routes to Vernon and the FB or the shot plays where they use maximum protection is all to simplify things for Alex. when he has to go through reads or improvise, he implodes. We cannot win consistently BECAUSE of him He does not elevate anyone's play. He can protect the ball, but for the most part, he's along for the ride. That will not cut it and I would just as well rather see Kaep get in there sooner than later to determine whether or not he can be a franchise QB. We know that Alex cannot.
who is we?
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'm not disappointed in Smiths season lol... I'm disappointed in the last two games. He's still on pace for about 22 TD's 10 INT's which is a good season for most QB's.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Dude, Oakland did a poll last night that got locked. There is no stinking controversy. Kaep is not ready, and hasn't proved that he is.

how do u know hes not ready?
He would be starting if he was

I didnt ask you

plus if we had drafted Dalton same guys would be saying the same thing, Dalton not ready

Man this still pisses me off we were so close to him. f**king Bengals
Originally posted by Promo:
This offense is perfectly suited to start a 1st or 2nd year quarterback. It's the same kind of offense that Pittsburgh used in Big Ben's first-year. Pound the ball and throw it 20-25 times a game. While Kaep may make a few more mistakes than Alex, our big plays will also go up and I believe that our points/game would increase as well.

It's over for Alex, fellas. Whether they switch after the bye or during the offseason. They treat the guy, an 8-year veteran like he's fresh out of college. They have no confidence in his ability to make plays. Everything for him is manufactured. The wheel routes to Vernon and the FB or the shot plays where they use maximum protection is all to simplify things for Alex. when he has to go through reads or improvise, he implodes. We cannot win consistently BECAUSE of him He does not elevate anyone's play. He can protect the ball, but for the most part, he's along for the ride. That will not cut it and I would just as well rather see Kaep get in there sooner than later to determine whether or not he can be a franchise QB. We know that Alex cannot.

Whether you think it's over Alex or not doesn't matter. The simple truth of the matter is Harbaugh doesn't agree with you. If he were really thought the way you did he would have gave Kap more quality snaps not these gimmicky plays that are going to get him hurt and by the way are no longer working.
You guys are going to have to get it through your heads that barring injury and a complete and total turnover generated meltdown by Alex Smith, Kap is not going to even sniff the starting job until next season at the earliest. So I laugh every time I see these types of threads. It's nothing but wishful thinking at this point. Harbaugh is not going to sit Smith.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Don't know why everyone has to whine about people's opinions and go back and forth like this. State your opinion... state why, if inclined... then move on with your life. Minds will not be changed over this.. so save your redundant efforts.

It wouldn't be fun coming here if we didn't get to bounce s**t off of each other.
The minute we have a "controversy" this year is shot, and we might as well go 5-11, because it will result in the same thing: no championship.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by captveg:
The minute we have a "controversy" this year is shot, and we might as well go 5-11, because it will result in the same thing: no championship.

um no I would rather have 11-5 season and enjoy the wins and not win a champtionship than go 5-11 and lose every week. f**k that s**t
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Dude, Oakland did a poll last night that got locked. There is no stinking controversy. Kaep is not ready, and hasn't proved that he is.

Might as well find out he cant do much worse.
sorry but your post sounds like you are giving up. may as well find out? come on,, 6-2 in first place and we may as well change quarterbacks. if we were 2-6 then your theory has validity.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

I didnt ask you

plus if we had drafted Dalton same guys would be saying the same thing, Dalton not ready

agree, but he wouldnt be playing anyways, he's not nfl ready
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:

sorry but your post sounds like you are giving up. may as well find out? come on,, 6-2 in first place and we may as well change quarterbacks. if we were 2-6 then your theory has validity.

well its 5-2 but the reason for that is the defense and running game. I think CK could also be that record given those two other factors.

• Jiks
Kaepernick looked comfortable on the bench where he belongs. He looms nowhere.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
I know there are 2 sides to this debate and many angles. We all love the 49ers and feel passionately about the direction the team should go in. Lets just try to keep this civil and remember we are all 9er fans. Now to the debate. I think for a lot of us it feels like the team is at a crossroads. We have a long break before monday night football and a bye week coming. It seems like if a change is going to be made it will have to be done in these precious weeks. I think even if you are a smith fan you have to be disapointed in his production. I guess the biggest question is can we get more from kaep and still keep turnovers low? I think we can! We run most of the time anyway and kaep is more dynamic at that. We really need to be able to push the ball downfield in our playaction game. Gore and the running backs can only take us so far. Make the change now!

What have you seen from Kaep that makes you think he can do better than Alex?

The simple fact that Alex is playing very mediocre. We will not and can not win a Super Bowl with him as the quarterback. This isn't the early 2000s offenses have evolved and will find away to score even against the toughest Ds. Our offense has trouble scoring 14 points against good Ds.
So if Kaep comes in and doesnt play any better, you go back to Alex? Right now Im not confident that Kaep can come in and do a better job because we havent seen anything to prove otherwise. This isnt the time to experiment. This offseason Kaep will get his fair shot to win the QB spot, right now is not the time to make a switch at QB IMO
of course wookie is spot on about this

Spot the F*CK on.
  • Jiks

well its 5-2 but the reason for that is the defense and running game. I think CK could also be that record given those two other factors.

I think he should be known for his crappy sack he took on 1st and 10. His fumble in the redzone. And his throw right to a defender last game. Right at the guy. But nope he runs good.

I didnt ask you

agree, but he wouldnt be playing anyways, he's not nfl ready
Again, you gotta take this up with the coaching staff, not NT.
Wow the Alex Smith crowd is really threatened by this idea
Share 49ersWebzone