There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

quarterback controversy

Originally posted by ImaMod:
I think he'd be satisfied with 5-2 and wouldn't bench his starting QB who has a 93 qb rating over a QB that has been as productive as Tim Tebow

Why do people who want to defend Alex feel the need to knock Kaepernick? Tim Tebow has proven to not be a very good QB but he got more than his fair chance in Denver. What chance to show his skills has Kaepernick had?

Why not go with - right now Alex Smith gives the 49ers the best chance to win games but Kaepernick may or may not be the guy in the future?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Do you have a hard time reading? Did I say anything of the sort?

I specifically said Alex gives the team the best chance to win right now.
why? what have you seen from ck in his small body of work that tells you this? all i know from you is that you think ck would have hit moss for a score. i think it will take a little bit more than your foretelling of events that never occured to make a change oh and by the way you did mean that otherwise you would not have even brought that up. do not yell at me,, you are the one who said it,, i am just telling you why you said it
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I think he'd be satisfied with 5-2 and wouldn't bench his starting QB who has a 93 qb rating over a QB that has been as productive as Tim Tebow

Why do people who want to defend Alex feel the need to knock Kaepernick? Tim Tebow has proven to not be a very good QB but he got more than his fair chance in Denver. What chance to show his skills has Kaepernick had?

Why not go with - right now Alex Smith gives the 49ers the best chance to win games but Kaepernick may or may not be the guy in the future?

I agree with that
I think Alex Smith should (no doubt) be the QB for the rest of this season and Kaepernick is most likely the QB of the future
if we dont get to the superbow this seasonl there will probably be a QB competition this off season between Smith and Kaep

but benching Smith for Kaepernick would make no sense at all.
[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

we I knock the idea or theory that ck should be given the job right now based upon his small body of work, we i knock the idea that just because they think and hope ck can do what alex is already doing is proof he should be given the job,, we i knock the whole silly talk of a qb controversy when the team is 5-2 and in first place
Originally posted by sacniner:
I'm in the niner crowd homes. Like the entire organization since I was born. I have always cheered for the starting QB. Even when it was David Carr.

I've been a season ticket holder, was born and raised 20 miles for Candlestick and I was at the 1981 NFC championship game. That does not mean I have to be satisfied with everything the team is doing
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I agree with that
I think Alex Smith should (no doubt) be the QB for the rest of this season and Kaepernick is most likely the QB of the future
if we dont get to the superbow this seasonl there will probably be a QB competition this off season between Smith and Kaep

there is competition every off season, there was this past year and alex won. of course there will be competition this coming off season. i just think like many have said, this blather about qb controversy should be put on hold untill then
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 19, 2012 at 10:43 AM ]
An interesting quick read: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1053101-san-francisco-49ers-alex-smith-cant-win-for-winning

Check it out our boy get zero support, a QB just doin it a different way. Bucking the trends and getting wins!

I agree with that

This... As an avid Smith fan, I have no problem admitting this. But benching the guy now, and possibly dividing the team is not worth it. Why put in an unknown QB when we are sitting very very well? It makes no sense.

Alex isn't the most exciting/thrilling QB to watch, but we are winning with him. WHy change anything? If we start losing then it's a whole different story.
Go look at all 6 of A Rods tds against Houston.. the receiver was covered tightly.on all but one of them.. Alex would had never thrown any of those because he's scared and doesn't trust his WR enough to let them make a play. he has hit his ceiling.. let him finish the year and unless we get at least as far as last year you start kaep next year. He's got the balls and arm.strength that Alex will never have... And as far as Nevada bias I went to.UNLV ans hated the guy for killing us for four years
Gire is the quarterback
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
were you part of the the "we want carr" crowd?

be careful who you're asking for is my point.

No, David Carr was a horrendous QB and everyone knew it. That still doesn't mean I think Smith is a good QB
the fan base is getting dumb, first in the division with a 5-2 record and some want him benched.....
I'm wondering if some posters would be happier in 3rd place with Kap than 1st place with Smith.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
5-2 yes they can

You are a fool if you think you can win a championship with a QB who can't even be trusted to throw into the end zone from the 7 yard line