LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

quarterback controversy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
OMG he has had 2 bad games, he should be benched ASAP.
there were lots of people who said with a straight face in the off season, they would be ok with alex throwing more picks. he has but they are still unhappy., sheesh the words hidden agenda and anyone but alex just want to leap off of my keyboard but i will restrain myself

Lol. No people would be okay with Smith throwing picks down the field. Where he has 1 on 1 coverage because he's taking a shot . Not into triple coverage. And the INT last night was one of the worst I've ever seen
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
While I thought Alex has looked terrible the last 2 games the team is still 5-2 and he's done some good things so you can't bench him and he still gives the 49ers the best/most proven guy to lead them right now.

However the people trashing Kaep and saying he hasn't proven anything the only reason he hasn't proven one way or another is because he hasn't been given a chance. Hopefully Alex keeps doing enough to get Ws but Kaepernick hasn't had a chance to go in and actually lead drives where he's not doing gimmicky plays.

i can tell you one thing though....Colin would've hit Randy Moss for that TD instead of throwing a pick there. That doesn't mean he's a better choice right now over Alex but people thinking he's not ready because of a running play are just dumb.
and if you think ck is better than alex and should be given the job right now because you think he would have hit moss with a score,,, welll i don't know
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by sfout:
lock this ish

"What quarterback controversy?" tackle Joe Staley said. "There's no quarterback controversy."

actually there is controversy in the air.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--direct-snap--niners-would-be-better-off-switching-to-qb-colin-kaepernick-sooner-than-later-.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--conservative-play-call-late-raises-question-whether-niners-have-complete-confidence-in-qb-alex-smith-.html

Media ftw. Not some player. LULZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

just a matter of time my friend. Its all gonna play itself out (more like he's gonna play himself out of a job)
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Dude, Oakland did a poll last night that got locked. There is no stinking controversy. Kaep is not ready, and hasn't proved that he is.

how do u know hes not ready?

He would be playing if he was. He has came in and looked worse than Smith. Harbs, Roman and the rest of the staff see him all the time and can evaluate talent better than us. Also, they dont give a s*it about Smith's feelings.

You can never bring any supporting evidence of what confidence you have in Kaep, why and what he has done to show you that. You'll just come with cheap one liners about Smith.

Where you at Fly?
A QB controversy at 5-2. This is comical, the NFL is a rough place no doubt. QB's go through ups and downs. Lets point out Alex's, 18 wins since the start of 2011. More than any QB in the league. Do you think about benching Brady for being 3-3? For throwing 2 picks and losing to the Sea-Chickens? Romo for throwing 5 in a game, Manning for throwing 3 in the first half. People bash Alex on past history, but the reality of the situation is that he has played fantastic football for a long time now. Undeniably he is gonna have rough patches just like every other QB in the league. It wasnt long ago New York wanted Eli's head on a platter. Our division is legit and tough, crazy good defenses. Its more like the old NFC North these days, people on the board need to adapt or get off the train. No more finess offenses out here and I love it! Our QB just keeps on winning, please keep bashing him, boy has thick skin. Hell see you in the playoffs and hopefully the Superbowl. I for one hope Kap has to wait quite a bit longer.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
yes, that evidence is right out of the vince lombardi bill walsh playbook

Lol you think Bill Walsh would be satisfied with Alex Smith?

I think he'd be satisfied with 5-2 and wouldn't bench his starting QB who has a 93 qb rating over a QB that has been as productive as Tim Tebow
  • fly15
  • Veteran

2 bad games

its been more than that
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
there were lots of people who said with a straight face in the off season, they would be ok with alex throwing more picks. he has but they are still unhappy., sheesh the words hidden agenda and anyone but alex just want to leap off of my keyboard but i will restrain myself

Lol. No people would be okay with Smith throwing picks down the field. Where he has 1 on 1 coverage because he's taking a shot . Not into triple coverage. And the INT last night was one of the worst I've ever seen

well that is what alot of people said in the off season and i took them at face value do you think they were not telling the truth?

2 bad games

its been more than that
Oh you are gonna bench him cuz he sucked a few years ago, got it. Forget last year and this year
How many threads do we need?

Every friggin thread in here is the same god damn thing.

There is no new twist to anything QB related that deserves it's own thread.

and if you think ck is better than alex and should be given the job right now because you think he would have hit moss with a score,,, welll i don't know

Do you have a hard time reading? Did I say anything of the sort?

I specifically said Alex gives the team the best chance to win right now.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
just a matter of time my friend. Its all gonna play itself out (more like he's gonna play himself out of a job)

Well I'll wait for that to happen not always jump to wrongful conclusions.

ANd in case you didn't read your own article posted.

"We have been using Colin as an added weapon. We feel like we're getting plenty of everything fromAlex Smith. We'll leave it there," said Harbaugh, using one of his telltale commands to stop the conversation
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
I think he'd be satisfied with 5-2 and wouldn't bench his starting QB who has a 93 qb rating over a QB that has been as productive as Tim Tebow

and whoever is not happy that we are in first place,, well I do not know
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

well that is what alot of people said in the off season and i took them at face value do you think they were not telling the truth?

Well those people are stupid. The only time I'm okay with an INT is when it's down the field in 1 on 1 coverage. You gotta trust your WRs to make plays
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Oct 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM ]

2 bad games

its been more than that
Oh you are gonna bench him cuz he sucked a few years ago, got it. Forget last year and this year

I gave up arguing with people blinded by hate. Alex could go on and win both league MVP and SB MVP and these same people will still say he sucks. They'll create their own "alexcuses" as to how he had to depend on so and so and such non sense.
Share 49ersWebzone