LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Is Frank Gore a Top-10 All Time 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After seeing how fresh Gore was. We definitely need to rest him more until the playoffs.
Defintely top ten. The guy has a heart the size of the Grand Canyon. If this team makes a run it will be on Franks' back. If #21 comes into the playoffs fresh things will be very interesting in the City by the Bay.
IDK
S.Young, Montana,Rice, T.O, Bryant Young, Chris Doleman,Ronnie Lott,Brent Jones, Dana Stubblefield,Taylor, I don't know, I don't know yet, theres some more in there.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
IDK
S.Young, Montana,Rice, T.O, Bryant Young, Chris Doleman,Ronnie Lott,Brent Jones, Dana Stubblefield,Taylor, I don't know, I don't know yet, theres some more in there.

Bob St Clair, Hugh McElhenny, Joe the Jet Perry, Y. A. Tittle (my Fave), Hardy Brown, Dave Wilcox, Cedrick Hardman. Tommy Hart, Jimmy Johnson (Superstar in any era), John Henry Johnson, Leo Nomellini (HOFamer, NEVER MISSED A GAME IN 14 YEARS), Man, the Niners have some rich history!!!!!!!
IDK

Doleman and Stubbefield???

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I gotta question those picks.
Originally posted by jdean:
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
Gore vs. Craig in their primes, who you got

Craig

It depends on what the rest of the team is like.

Craig with the last 6 years worth of QB, WR, coaching, and O-line would not have been especially effective.

Gore in the 80's Niners would have been awesome, but he wouldn't have touched the ball nearly as much. He wouldn't have caught as many passes as Craig, and Rathman would have taken a lot of the carries away. How many times has a fullback run the ball in Gore's career?
[ Edited by bigmur49 on Nov 15, 2012 at 5:39 AM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Montana, Young, Rice, Lott are the only guaranteed niners ahead of Gore in a top 10 list.
You know, I thought about it for a second and though I am not sure where I slot him on my list...Gore has to make the top ten all time.

Nobody since the glory days has done more to keep this franchise going than Gore, he was at times the only light in some very dark seasons, and now that we are back to being a contender, he is right there in the trenches spearhead our attack.

He is the best back we have ever had, and that alone probably should allow him to make the cut, but the way he has represented our franchise with pride when there wasnt a lot of reason to be prideful will always give him a special place in my personal top ten.
I'm only 27 yrs old, but ABSOLUTELY.

The ultimate team player with a "never-say-die" attitude. He's the guy that every coach wants on their team. A guy you love cheering for. A guy that has never complained one bit during the tumultuous times this team has endured through his career.

He's my favorite player to don red and gold since Jerry Rice.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Lets see....Jerry, Montana, Young, Craig, Clark, Lott, take up the top 6 -- the last 4 are up for debate and based off of personal perception of other players so MAYBE he is top 10 but it would honestly be a stretch to for sure Gore is top 10 all time 9er because as everyone has said him and Craig are pretty much 1a. and 1a. as the best 49ers RB. Sometime this season Gore will statistically become the all time rushing TD leader to go with all time rushing yards for our franchise so I guess you could make an argument for him being the #1 RB but overall I think there might have been 10+ other players that are ahead of him.

Originally posted by bigmur49:
IDK

Doleman and Stubbefield???

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I gotta question those picks.

When they played together they were a force to be recockoned with. But Stubby on his own is not top 10 all time.

Craig was more versatile, and explosive, so if I was building a team, based on the kind of offense I like to see....Craig. Gore is a great power back, but very one dimensional, and I can't remember him going over 50 yards on a single run, don't get me wrong, I like Frank Gore, and even though he is the all time leading rusher for the franchise, I don't know if he makes my top ten.
Gore has really picked it up this year playing like a warrior definately deserves top 10 49er consideration.
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Gore has really picked it up this year playing like a warrior definately deserves top 10 49er consideration.

Picked it up? Gore gives it his all and has been our number one threat on offense every time he's stepped onto the field since 2006.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Craig was more versatile, and explosive, so if I was building a team, based on the kind of offense I like to see....Craig. Gore is a great power back, but very one dimensional, and I can't remember him going over 50 yards on a single run, don't get me wrong, I like Frank Gore, and even though he is the all time leading rusher for the franchise, I don't know if he makes my top ten.

See Seattle 2009 Week 2 - Had 2 80 yard TD runs that were against loaded boxes, after the first 15 yards there was no one near him. Gore has a ton of 50+ yarders, just the past couple of years he hasn't busted any 80 yarders or anything.
Share 49ersWebzone