There are 643 users in the forums

Is Frank Gore a Top-10 All Time 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
May seem a little far fetched at first, but when you put together a list I think he makes it...
You mean at his position or at any position?
yes.

but, does anybody else think Frank should have been able to finish that first long run? The one that ended up with a pick...

I love frank, and his heart, and his vision are unparalleled. But he definitely does not have the legs to finish a long run anymore. Hunter probably scores if he takes that same hand off and gets that same blocking.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
yes.

but, does anybody else think Frank should have been able to finish that first long run? The one that ended up with a pick...

I love frank, and his heart, and his vision are unparalleled. But he definitely does not have the legs to finish a long run anymore. Hunter probably scores if he takes that same hand off and gets that same blocking.

Yes..
And I agree with this statement...that being said.Gore has been a work horse..worked hard and put away wet and is still pretty effective.He put the team on his back last night and made the whole team better..pumped up the defense and bailed out the offense and that hasn't been the only time in his career he's done that..
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Yes
yes.

No he most certainly does NOT! Don't get carried away. Hunter ran behind the same line Frank did yet he wasn't popping big runs and its because he doesn't have the patience or the vision Frank has. NOT EVEN CLOSE! If he gets the same blocking, same play, I'd bet he still would not have gotten into the secondary. Finding that crease is what Frank does best. Frank waits until the last second for that hole to open and explodes through it. Hunter plows into the back of his own man half the time or is too quick to search out contact and go down before hitting the second level. Frank makes something from nothing. Hunter does not. Can't even believe we're comparing the two as though there is anything Hunter can do that Frank can not. GET REAL!
Not that I have to answer the OP's question after my last post but YES! Frank is one of the best 49ers of all time. Frank is incredible and when you consider how bad the team he's played on has been over the years you can't help but love the guy! He IS the greatest 49er rb of all time and its not debatable!!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Not that I have to answer the OP's question after my last post but YES! Frank is one of the best 49ers of all time. Frank is incredible and when you consider how bad the team he's played on has been over the years you can't help but love the guy! He IS the greatest 49er rb of all time and its not debatable!!

Actually it is debatable.

On the original Q, I am going to disagree with everyone. I am not sure he is. Yet. But with his playing career still going, who knows where he will end up?
Gore vs. Craig in their primes, who you got
yes

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Name the top 9 then I'll tell you if he's worthy of 10.
yes.

No he most certainly does NOT! Don't get carried away. Hunter ran behind the same line Frank did yet he wasn't popping big runs and its because he doesn't have the patience or the vision Frank has. NOT EVEN CLOSE! If he gets the same blocking, same play, I'd bet he still would not have gotten into the secondary. Finding that crease is what Frank does best. Frank waits until the last second for that hole to open and explodes through it. Hunter plows into the back of his own man half the time or is too quick to search out contact and go down before hitting the second level. Frank makes something from nothing. Hunter does not. Can't even believe we're comparing the two as though there is anything Hunter can do that Frank can not. GET REAL!

I'm not comparing the two. Gore is a better running back even at this stage of his career.

I said, ON THAT PLAY, hunter would have scored. Watch the replay, the hole was huge. Hunter would have hit the hole, but had the legs to take it all the way (probably to the left corner of the end zone). Of course this is my opinion.

Don't misunderstand what I said in my first post. Frank's heart and vision are UNPARALLELED.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by English:

Actually it is debatable.

On the original Q, I am going to disagree with everyone. I am not sure he is. Yet. But with his playing career still going, who knows where he will end up?

I think Craig and Gore are about even right now, but Gore isn't done, and Craig is.

Gore will end his career as the clear greatest 49er RB of all time.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
Gore vs. Craig in their primes, who you got

Damm..I loved watching Craig run.and still don't understand why the HOF is holding back on him But can't help but wonder what Gore would of done on any of those teams..Still Craig was ahead of his time being able to catch out of the back field.. I'd go with Craig just cause different skill sets ...
Frank is definitely top ten, I would put him higher, but he is not as fast as he use to be. His burst through the line is still impressive.
Share 49ersWebzone