There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This is NOT a GREAT TEAM in 2012.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
personally i think this will be the most competitive season the NFL has seen in a long time.

the Niners are as good as advertised, but a lot of teams are at/near the same level.

I think we have some deficiencies this year that we didn't have last year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by sacniner:
We got wiped out by the Giants. It's not even as close as the score shows. We dropped off from 13 - 3. We aren't that good anymore. We can't play with the big boys.

Our schedule is WAY harder this year. I think most people knew our record wouldn't be as good this year. I hope this is the worst we will play all year and we can learn from this. Our hard a55 schedule will hopefully prepare us for the playoffs.

Dude, we are good. We beat GB on the road week one. We dominated Detroit. Raped the Jets and Bills (I know they suck but we raped both teams). We are part of the elite in the NFL

Elite teams don't usually lose in the manner we did (twice), ie being so thoroughly beaten in all facets. We are a good team that needs to improve dramatically in several areas before reaching elite: pass rush, special teams, pass protection come to mind (not going to touch the subject of Alex). So mnay jumped on the bandwagon after last year's surprise performance, that we became overrated this year. We need to come back to earth, limit the gimicky stuff and find a way to shore up the weak spots. By year's end, who knows?

We are definitely not elite. But I think we can still be good.

okay then who's elite ?

Falcons, Ravens, Giants. And maybe the Packers by seasons end. The Patriots must always be considered.

Remove Raves, add Texans. Ravens lost Webb, Lewis, no Suggs. They are starting to look somewhat ordinary.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
We got wiped out by the Giants. It's not even as close as the score shows. We dropped off from 13 - 3. We aren't that good anymore. We can't play with the big boys.

Our schedule is WAY harder this year. I think most people knew our record wouldn't be as good this year. I hope this is the worst we will play all year and we can learn from this. Our hard a55 schedule will hopefully prepare us for the playoffs.

Dude, we are good. We beat GB on the road week one. We dominated Detroit. Raped the Jets and Bills (I know they suck but we raped both teams). We are part of the elite in the NFL

Elite teams don't usually lose in the manner we did (twice), ie being so thoroughly beaten in all facets. We are a good team that needs to improve dramatically in several areas before reaching elite: pass rush, special teams, pass protection come to mind (not going to touch the subject of Alex). So mnay jumped on the bandwagon after last year's surprise performance, that we became overrated this year. We need to come back to earth, limit the gimicky stuff and find a way to shore up the weak spots. By year's end, who knows?

okay then who's elite ?

Falcons, Ravens, Giants. And maybe the Packers by seasons end. The Patriots must always be considered.

Remove Raves, add Texans. Ravens lost Webb, Lewis, no Suggs. They are starting to look somewhat ordinary.

Maybe. But the Texans didn't look that tough against the Packers.

Dude, we can beat all of those teams. The Falcons have had a cakewalk schedule so far and the Raiders really should have beat them yesterday. Patriots are highly overrated this year. The Giants play like s*it a few times a year.

Come on man! We beat the Packers in GB and according to you they are elite.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
personally i think this will be the most competitive season the NFL has seen in a long time.

the Niners are as good as advertised, but a lot of teams are at/near the same level.

the main ones i notice:

kick coverage...................................

you mentioned depth at OLB, in terms of numbers we have the same as last season........ in terms of experience no. losing parys was big. laughable how many people thought he wasn't important.......

biggest thing to me is attitude. we "say" we're big and bad. it's true. but if you're gonna strut, you gotta know that every week you won't be overlooked. we've overlooked opponents, and don't understand the concept of "having the bullseye on your back."

too much experimenting with the offense. the niners run the ball. keep running the ball.

okay then who's elite ?

Honestly bro I think we could beat any of those teams.

I'm not sure about that in the playoffs.
You need to be a charger or sea chicken fan and stop calling yourself a 49er!!

I think you expect perfection and every game to be dominated. Newsflash, that will never happen. For no team. You turn on the team too quickly.
Looks like the Niners and this thread have something in common....
This just out.."THIS is NOT A GREAT TEAM 2012"....
It is way too early to panic. We had a bad game. Maybe we needed one. The goal remains the same and very attainable. Win the division, get to the playoffs, make a run. There is no reason we can't be 6-2 heading into the bye and 7-2 going into chicago and be in total control of the west.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/161205-lost-out-then-back-winning-track-updated
This just in....this HAS BEEN A GREAT TEAM SINCE 1946.....
Seems sort of like the typical double standard you hear from Jamie Dukes. When we do well...it's the other team sucking and not playing up to us...when we do bad...it's all us...?

:/
Great teams bounce back. We will.
the true greats are always defined by their first 6 weeks of the season
[ Edited by DirtyP on Oct 15, 2012 at 5:45 PM ]