There are 329 users in the forums

This is NOT a GREAT TEAM in 2012.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by sacniner:
We got wiped out by the Giants. It's not even as close as the score shows. We dropped off from 13 - 3. We aren't that good anymore. We can't play with the big boys.

Our schedule is WAY harder this year. I think most people knew our record wouldn't be as good this year. I hope this is the worst we will play all year and we can learn from this. Our hard a55 schedule will hopefully prepare us for the playoffs.

Dude, we are good. We beat GB on the road week one. We dominated Detroit. Raped the Jets and Bills (I know they suck but we raped both teams). We are part of the elite in the NFL

Elite teams don't usually lose in the manner we did (twice), ie being so thoroughly beaten in all facets. We are a good team that needs to improve dramatically in several areas before reaching elite: pass rush, special teams, pass protection come to mind (not going to touch the subject of Alex). So mnay jumped on the bandwagon after last year's surprise performance, that we became overrated this year. We need to come back to earth, limit the gimicky stuff and find a way to shore up the weak spots. By year's end, who knows?

We are definitely not elite. But I think we can still be good.

okay then who's elite ?

Falcons, Ravens, Giants. And maybe the Packers by seasons end. The Patriots must always be considered.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We got wiped out by the Giants. It's not even as close as the score shows. We dropped off from 13 - 3. We aren't that good anymore. We can't play with the big boys.

Our schedule is WAY harder this year. I think most people knew our record wouldn't be as good this year. I hope this is the worst we will play all year and we can learn from this. Our hard a55 schedule will hopefully prepare us for the playoffs.

Dude, we are good. We beat GB on the road week one. We dominated Detroit. Raped the Jets and Bills (I know they suck but we raped both teams). We are part of the elite in the NFL

Elite teams don't usually lose in the manner we did (twice), ie being so thoroughly beaten in all facets. We are a good team that needs to improve dramatically in several areas before reaching elite: pass rush, special teams, pass protection come to mind (not going to touch the subject of Alex). So mnay jumped on the bandwagon after last year's surprise performance, that we became overrated this year. We need to come back to earth, limit the gimicky stuff and find a way to shore up the weak spots. By year's end, who knows?

okay then who's elite ?

Falcons, Ravens, Giants. And maybe the Packers by seasons end. The Patriots must always be considered.

Honestly bro I think we could beat any of those teams.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
overreaction but again couldn't agree more about Gore. I have NO f**kING IDEA why every damn coach stops running the ball. You have one of the best RBs in the league and you stop running the damn ball. Makes complete no sense. Stats have shown we dont run the ball we lose. We really need to run the ball all game be it Gore or Hunter steady dose or run helps Alex and Defense Tremendously.
Who is a great team? Great is relative.

okay then who's elite ?

I'm not sure about that in the playoffs.
why am I not shocked YOU started this thread?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

okay then who's elite ?

The NFL is pretty close in talent level these days. A few plays and players can put you over the top. Even though we are limited at the crucial position, our hope is that our defense and running game can carry us.

okay then who's elite ?

The NFL is pretty close in talent level these days. A few plays and players can put you over the top. Even though we are limited at the crucial position, our hope is that our defense and running game can carry us.

Well we didn't look close in talent level in that game.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
why am I not shocked YOU started this thread?

I don't know? Tell me why?
I think we can beat the Seahawks. But Russell Wilson is underrated. I know because I'm a Badger fan for college. And your defense is much improved.

I think folks are forgetting that we were smacked around by the VIKINGS as well. We were in EVERY game last year. Your analysis is spot on...

i can GUARANTEE our opponents aren't coming into San Fran thinking they are going to have a cake walk. They are shaking in their boots over our defense
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Gotta make plays too Carlos had two INTS he didnt complete one was a Pick since and gets us right in the game.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

okay then who's elite ?

Well we didn't look close in talent level in that game.

It was only one game.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
I think we can beat the Seahawks. But Russell Wilson is underrated. I know because I'm a Badger fan for college. And your defense is much improved.

I think folks are forgetting that we were smacked around by the VIKINGS as well. We were in EVERY game last year. Your analysis is spot on...

People just act like the Vikings was a trap game. But I think it shows more than that.
personally i think this will be the most competitive season the NFL has seen in a long time.

the Niners are as good as advertised, but a lot of teams are at/near the same level.
Share 49ersWebzone