There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jacobs visits Giants locker room after game

Originally posted by UKNiners:
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Can't blame him when the team isn't sold on him.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Release the Duck

#ReleaseTheDuck

!

Not gonna happen
Is visiting opponents locker room after the game a normal thing? I didn't think opposing teams players hung out before or after the game...
Originally posted by verb1der:
Not sure if it's true but I heard that Ahmad Bradshaw was on the sidelines giving Giants safeties heads up on the routes 49ers WRs were going to run...somethin' ain't right.

Where did you HEAR this from?

Please tell me your sources.

Originally posted by lordfangio:
It's completely different. Moss has never griped about the coaching staff. And why the hell would Snyder have beef? He's a starter. And Costanzo is a core special teamer, just like he's been throughout his career. Brandon Jacobs, however, has well-publicized issues with the coaching staff. Going into the game I feared that something like this were possible, and, let's just say that what I saw happen on the field and what happened with his actions after the game didn't make me think that that was a crazy thought/idea. I'm not saying I'd bet my life that he did something like that, but I definitely wouldn't bet my life that he didn't, either and I do think we should do like Braylon and probably cut him.

Like I said, even if you forget about Jacobs for a second, it did look like they knew exactly what we were up to, and we have shown we have an incredibly creative and unpredictable coaching staff so the fact that NYG looked to always be a step ahead of us looked awfully suspicious...then when you throw in the fact that we got a player who used to play for them, is buddy-buddy with them, was kicking it with them/saying how much he misses them in the locker room afterwards, AND has beef with the coaching staff, it'd be foolish to completely dismiss the idea IMO. Jacobs likely just doesn't give a f**k how we do since he doesn't play even though he thinks he can and he is clearly irritated with the coaching staff. Completely dismissing this notion is ignorant.

Brandon Jacobs' "well documented issues with the coaching staff" was blown out of proportions as much as this is being. He said he was frustrated he hasnt played yet. Thats not "beef with coaches." He should be frustrated.

Also does anyone even think Jacobs has a copy of the game plan for today? Do you think he went to them and said "here's every play theyre going to call and heres all the signals!" Maybe he had a walkie talkie during the game and told them what plays were next?
Originally posted by father49er:
Is visiting opponents locker room after the game a normal thing? I didn't think opposing teams players hung out before or after the game...

If theyre friends they probably do.
Originally posted by father49er:

Players from opposing teams often chat before the games in warmups... the early warmups without the pads. Kickers do it all the time.

When I was on the field for Chargers/49ers in 2010, I saw Norv shooting the s**t with a lot of guys from the 2006 squad before the game.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Not sure if it's true but I heard that Ahmad Bradshaw was on the sidelines giving Giants safeties heads up on the routes 49ers WRs were going to run...somethin' ain't right.

Where did you HEAR this from?

Please tell me your sources.

yes, please do tell
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Brandon Jacobs' "well documented issues with the coaching staff" was blown out of proportions as much as this is being. He said he was frustrated he hasnt played yet. Thats not "beef with coaches." He should be frustrated.

Also does anyone even think Jacobs has a copy of the game plan for today? Do you think he went to them and said "here's every play theyre going to call and heres all the signals!" Maybe he had a walkie talkie during the game and told them what plays were next?

LOL, dude, all 53 players get the gameplan. You really think NFL teams have players on their roster that don't get a gameplan? WTF?? And it's 2012 man, he could have called them, e-mailed them, faxed them, etc. I really, really, really don't think it's that far-fetched. I mean, didn't it LOOK like they knew it? And it's not exactly like we have a predictable, dull coaching staff...in sports, refs have been proved to fix games, players have been proven to shave points, etc. Why would this be so different?

LOL, dude, all 53 players get the gameplan. You really think NFL teams have players on their roster that don't get a gameplan? WTF?? And it's 2012 man, he could have called them, e-mailed them, faxed them, etc. I really, really, really don't think it's that far-fetched. I mean, didn't it LOOK like they knew it? And it's not exactly like we have a predictable, dull coaching staff...in sports, refs have been proved to fix games, players have been proven to shave points, etc. Why would this be so different?

No, it didn't LOOK like they knew it. It looked like Greg Roman called a terrible game.

8 carries for Frank Gore.

And dude, we were so predictable today. Using Colin Kaepernick as our Tebow is no longer a new thing.

You're reaching big time. We got outplayed and outcoached.
For the record, Gore went into the Giants locker room after the NFCC to congratulate his U of Miami teammates

Think about that for a second. The Jacobs thing doesn't bother me one bit. Just wish he would play already.

It is VERY far-fetched. People are just wanting to have someone to blame the loss on. If that was the gameplan that Jacobs gave them, they probably laughed at it. This gameplan was very predictable and dull. I even knew what they were doing when they lined up. The Giants knew that if they shut Davis down they would have to change everything, and it worked.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Oct 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM ]
Lmao, I'm not even going to...
It is VERY far-fetched. People are just wanting to have someone to blame the loss on. If that was the gameplan that Jacobs gave them, they probably laughed at it. This gameplan was very predictable and dull. I even knew what they were doing when they lined up. The Giants knew that if they shut Davis down they would have to change everything, and it worked.

I stated last week before the game, after the USA Today article, that I thought this was a potential concern. And what I saw on the field didn't exactly alleviate those concerns. And Jacobs' actions after the game didn't exactly alleviate those concerns. Losing is one thing, what happened today is another. Our NFCCG loss, and our Ravens, Cardinals, Cowboys, and Vikings losses under Harbaugh didn't look like this. This one was different. And I think it's more than just a coincidence that we have a disgruntled player who likely at this point has been driven to the point of not giving a f**k about how we do anymore, who also used to play for the opponent that we were playing, and who also demonstrated excessive buddy-buddy behavior with his former mates...it smells fishier than sushi. Can you elaborate as to why you think there is NO chance that this was the case? You're just gonna keep telling yourself that the one game our coaching staff looked predictable, dull, and Singletary/Raye-like just HAPPENED to be the week with Jacobs sounding off in the week we were playing his old team? I'm not buying it. Too many coincidences for my liking. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
Bad Coaching, Bad Mistakes, Bad QB play by Alex, WRs missing Catches, most of the passes were off target. Sorry guys, but Alex IS NOT the savior we all hope he would be. He isn't gonna throw 300 yards a game, the staff doesn't trust him enough, why else would they call plays that are short yardage throws? Throwing 8-10 yards shy of the 1st down on 4th down and 12 or 15, WTF is that Alex? Our defense isn't gonna keep us in games anymore if we can't rely on a QB, even Kaep isn;t ready, I dread seeing him on the field. Too much Wildcat, the one where he wanted to fake handoff and no RB was there, wtf with that?

I question when we were hot on one of the first 2 drives, we brought in Kaepernick on a 3rd down, and run.

Our special teams in horrible. Why the hell did we let Costanzo walk, and Trade Jones? I remember people saying let Robinson, or Dixon play STs and cut Jones, looks like that is haunting us. Never should of cut Cartwright, he is a ST ace, Dixon is garbage, has no future here. He isn't gonna play at FB with Tukuafu looking as a new FB with a new #, 48.

Our DBs are bad, no depth at all. Rogers is good, Brown is decent, and Cully is young, I dont trust Cox at all, and Spillman, McBath dont play Defense, so no relief for Goldson and Whitner, who both make mistakes. Whitner has had 3 INTs dropped, Goldson is too wreckeless. Rogers also had 2 INTs dropped TODAY.

Honestly, I dont see much difference on offense, yeah we have better WRs, but not using Moss when we can use him is stupid.

As for Jacobs, I rather cut him lose. I have no issue with meeting with former teammates, I'm sure he is pissed, why isn't he active? If you sign him, you activate him, or let him go elsewhere, simple. 6 Weeks in, and our run game is weak, as our passing game is horrid. Our defense is only winning us games. We are clearly not a complete team, and not a Playoff team right now. We need fixes asap, and sucks we play thursday night. Seattle is coming off a huge win, so they will bring there A game Thursday night. We can't go 4-3 heading into the MNF game with Arizona. It sucks, if we had played right, and won, we would be 5-1, and Seattle and Arizona 4-2, now we are all 4-2, and share of 1st place, but we really have no right, we haven't played a divisional game yet.

I stated last week before the game, after the USA Today article, that I thought this was a potential concern. And what I saw on the field didn't exactly alleviate those concerns. And Jacobs' actions after the game didn't exactly alleviate those concerns. Losing is one thing, what happened today is another. Our NFCCG loss, and our Ravens, Cardinals, Cowboys, and Vikings losses under Harbaugh didn't look like this. This one was different. And I think it's more than just a coincidence that we have a disgruntled player who likely at this point has been driven to the point of not giving a f**k about how we do anymore, who also used to play for the opponent that we were playing, and who also demonstrated excessive buddy-buddy behavior with his former mates...it smells fishier than sushi. Can you elaborate as to why you think there is NO chance that this was the case? You're just gonna keep telling yourself that the one game our coaching staff looked predictable, dull, and Singletary/Raye-like just HAPPENED to be the week with Jacobs sounding off in the week we were playing his old team? I'm not buying it. Too many coincidences for my liking. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

I'm so tempted to use words that will get me banned, but I won't. Gonna keep a cool head here.

You are so, so far off here it's ridiculous.

1. Frank Gore only had eight carries. EIGHT. If we were harkening back to the days of Jimmy Raye, we run up the middle three times and punt. Instead, the 49ers put the game on Alex & Colin's shoulders, and that proved to be a giant mistake. That's just bad coaching, which bring me too...

2. We lost today because we were outcoached. Instead of leaning on the run like we usually do, Greg Roman decided to get fancy with Colin Kaepernick early and often. The problem is that this trick is no longer new. I know, it looked awesome against the Jets and the Bills, but now all this read-option-pass Kaep-gun b******t is on film. Teams now know what to expect because we've put it out there. The Giants were ready for it, and they contained it.

And again... EIGHT carries for Frank Gore. That's a just stupid decision.

3. Alex Smith played like s**t. If you cannot tell the difference between the Giants defense and the Bills defense, something is wrong with you my brotha. The Bills couldn't rush the passer to save their lives (and couldn't cover or stop the run either), and as a result Alex Smith had 5-7 seconds to throw the ball every time. That was obviously not the case for the Giants, who have Osi, Tuck, and JPP at their disposal. They put pressure on Alex, took away Smith's favorite target in Vernon Davis, and forced Alex to throw other places. Thus, Alex tried forcing some balls and also made some bad decisions on 3rd & long & 4th & long.

4. On offense, the Giants did what the Packers should have done to us: spread out 4 wide and pick on the weakest CB or LB. We all want to believe that Tarrell Brown and Chris Culliver are studs. I think they are decent, and look better out there because our pass rush is usually so good. But Brown has been owned before when facing good wide receivers (Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson had their way with him during the Singletary era) and Culliver will give up a big play every now and then. Add into this Tremaine Brock being kinda awful and Aldon Smith not being great in coverage (Aldon was covering Cruz at certain points in this game, that's a bad match-up and a good job by the Giants in scheming against us) and you are going to lose in the passing game a good amount.

5. David Akers missing field goals.

6. Harbaugh blowing a challenge.

7. Leonard Davis' key false start penalty.

I could go on bud, but I put this loss on Alex & Greg Roman. G-Ro got cute and got away from what makes the 49ers great (pound the rock with Frank & Hunter). EIGHT carries for Frank Gore (with NONE IN THE SECOND HALF?!?!) means you lose.

Also, can a brother get a screen pass? No? Just checking...
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Oct 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM ]