There are 220 users in the forums

Jacobs visits Giants locker room after game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lordfangio:
I stated last week before the game, after the USA Today article, that I thought this was a potential concern. And what I saw on the field didn't exactly alleviate those concerns. And Jacobs' actions after the game didn't exactly alleviate those concerns. Losing is one thing, what happened today is another. Our NFCCG loss, and our Ravens, Cardinals, Cowboys, and Vikings losses under Harbaugh didn't look like this. This one was different. And I think it's more than just a coincidence that we have a disgruntled player who likely at this point has been driven to the point of not giving a f**k about how we do anymore, who also used to play for the opponent that we were playing, and who also demonstrated excessive buddy-buddy behavior with his former mates...it smells fishier than sushi. Can you elaborate as to why you think there is NO chance that this was the case? You're just gonna keep telling yourself that the one game our coaching staff looked predictable, dull, and Singletary/Raye-like just HAPPENED to be the week with Jacobs sounding off in the week we were playing his old team? I'm not buying it. Too many coincidences for my liking. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Just how you're gonna keep telling yourself that since Jacobs is frustrated that he hasnt played yet and has friends on the team that he told them all the plays we were gonna call. He said he was frustrated, not that he hates the team and doesnt want to be here and will do anything to make sure they lose.

Everything about this game was executed poorly. The blocking up front was terrible. Did you see Anthony Davis trying to block JPP? Iupati had a big penalty that wiped out a nice Gore run. Staley got concussed. Goodwinn was penalized. Brown was offsides on a field goal giving the Giants a first down, and I believe he had a PI call? Akers missed a couple field goals which could have helped with momentum and confidence. The only players that played like they wanted to win were Moss and Manningham. Those are things that you cant really gameplan for.
Plus I dont think having another teams gameplan would help your offense a whole lot. We got no sacks, no turnovers and basically let their offense do what they wanted.
maybe he shouldve went home with them. hes not playing with us anyway and he was b***hing this week. id rather they play james than him anyway, we need some explosion
Lamichael James can we haz?
I will say this:

I lived in Giants country all my life. I remember when Jacobs first came into the league until his signing in San Fran. Giants fans would have helped him pack his bags and driven him to Newark International if it meant he left town any sooner. He was a constant gnat in the ear of the media...he constantly talked s**t he couldnt back up...he b***hed about playing time to anyone who would listen and he rarely showed a respect for coaching or authority.

That said...

It is entirely in the realm of possibility that he shared some info about the Niners with his former team. Knowing how he has rolled the past few years...I take him as being spiteful enough to do such a thing. And him going into the opposing locker room and crying woe is me to a former teammate because he is not getting time ahead of two backs who are clearly better is enough for me to wave goodbye. Never did like the signing from day one and thought it was a minimal chance he'd even make the team. It is obvious that his time here is wearing out and he does not have a desire to be a part of a team concept if the concept doesn't always include him. Would have loved to have had Costanzo and Jones in place of Jacobs and Ginn, but hindsight is 20/20 and no sense crying over spilled milk. Good riddance BJ...he can't clean his locker out fast enough.
This guy is slowly becoming a cancer, time to cut it, now. -I'd rather take my chances throwing a green LMJ into the mix at this point than some p***y over-the-hill RB who always gets injured and complains about s**t.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
I will say this:

I lived in Giants country all my life. I remember when Jacobs first came into the league until his signing in San Fran. Giants fans would have helped him pack his bags and driven him to Newark International if it meant he left town any sooner. He was a constant gnat in the ear of the media...he constantly talked s**t he couldnt back up...he b***hed about playing time to anyone who would listen and he rarely showed a respect for coaching or authority.

That said...

It is entirely in the realm of possibility that he shared some info about the Niners with his former team. Knowing how he has rolled the past few years...I take him as being spiteful enough to do such a thing. And him going into the opposing locker room and crying woe is me to a former teammate because he is not getting time ahead of two backs who are clearly better is enough for me to wave goodbye. Never did like the signing from day one and thought it was a minimal chance he'd even make the team. It is obvious that his time here is wearing out and he does not have a desire to be a part of a team concept if the concept doesn't always include him. Would have loved to have had Costanzo and Jones in place of Jacobs and Ginn, but hindsight is 20/20 and no sense crying over spilled milk. Good riddance BJ...he can't clean his locker out fast enough.

That's espionage, right? Treason, death penalty, etc etc
Originally posted by ninermedic:
I will say this:

That said...

That's espionage, right? Treason, death penalty, etc etc

Not trying to be funny or excuse a bad loss (because that's what this was)...but I am giving an honest opinion on what I think of Jacobs and what he is capable of. His time in Jersey was rocky partly because he didn't know when to decipher between quiet time and performance time. He still doesn't and anyone who after a loss such as this one would go into the other locker room to complain is not someone I want on my team. He may have once been a force but that force he is no longer.
of course jacobs or somebody had to give the giants their playbook how else could the giants beat the mighty 49ers, oh yeah 3 interceptions, or maybe a couple of fumbles on the returns, lets face it the niners n their fans talked a bunch of smack for a week about the super bowl champs not earning the win in the playoffs and big brother came in n punched little bro in the mouth n now little b---- is crying to mommy how it just aint fair n he got sucker punched yeah right give me a break. .
Originally posted by phoenix3411:
of course jacobs or somebody had to give the giants their playbook how else could the giants beat the mighty 49ers, oh yeah 3 interceptions, or maybe a couple of fumbles on the returns, lets face it the niners n their fans talked a bunch of smack for a week about the super bowl champs not earning the win in the playoffs and big brother came in n punched little bro in the mouth n now little b---- is crying to mommy how it just aint fair n he got sucker punched yeah right give me a break. .

See, this is the worst part. Giants fans. These savages are laughing at us, and I don't like it.
Giants fans, for the mlst part couldn't even tell you that they originally drafted Andre Brown. They dont even watch when the tean isnt winning...you have a few die hards who know their s**t but by and large their fanbase only talks s**t and supports wins and doesnt exactly exude the most welcoming base when they lose

• Baldie
  • Veteran
If the niners had won the game, is this even an issue? We lost the game. Thats it! Move on!!

Last year we won in the regular season lost in the playoffs. This year maybe we lose in the regular season and win the playoffs.
Giants fans, for the mlst part couldn't even tell you that they originally drafted Andre Brown. They dont even watch when the tean isnt winning...you have a few die hards who know their s**t but by and large their fanbase only talks s**t and supports wins and doesnt exactly exude the most welcoming base when they lose

sorry been there when niners were kicking our a.... through the eightys n even watched the entire 45 to 3 beat down when montana was ur qb, fact is u all got cocky n got ur smack down. which is why i dont talk b4 a game n dont like the players doing it either, 49ers have a very good team n i was concerned about facing them again, but this just goes to prove that u cant take any team for granted, n i think its just foolish to think a player would sell out his teamates for anybody even their exteamates.regardless of how frustrated they are with their new team. not to mention he wasnt all that fond of the giants the last couple of years either.
sorry been there when niners were kicking our a.... through the eightys n even watched the entire 45 to 3 beat down when montana was ur qb, fact is u all got cocky n got ur smack down. which is why i dont talk b4 a game n dont like the players doing it either, 49ers have a very good team n i was concerned about facing them again, but this just goes to prove that u cant take any team for granted, n i think its just foolish to think a player would sell out his teamates for anybody even their exteamates.regardless of how frustrated they are with their new team. not to mention he wasnt all that fond of the giants the last couple of years either.

OK, your opinion is noted, if you were following the conversation we were exploring the possibility that it could happen, not claiming that it did. Your input is no. Thanks.
Originally posted by ninermedic:

OK, your opinion is noted, if you were following the conversation we were exploring the possibility that it could happen, not claiming that it did. Your input is no. Thanks.

go back n look at many of the posts there are alot of people expressing no doubt that it did happen all because he went to the giants locker room after the loss,hello the niners arent even playing him he didnt have to shower after the game, time to kill go visit friends n maybe make dinner plans, granted as a teamate i may not appreciate him doing that but sure wouldnt blame a guy that wasnt even wearing pads for that loss. gave up on the run game that was working way to early, no pass rush thats been ur bread n butter, missed oppertunities was the reason for the loss. not a traitor in the ranks n its just rediculous to suggest any other reason.
go back n look at many of the posts there are alot of people expressing no doubt that it did happen all because he went to the giants locker room after the loss,hello the niners arent even playing him he didnt have to shower after the game, time to kill go visit friends n maybe make dinner plans, granted as a teamate i may not appreciate him doing that but sure wouldnt blame a guy that wasnt even wearing pads for that loss. gave up on the run game that was working way to early, no pass rush thats been ur bread n butter, missed oppertunities was the reason for the loss. not a traitor in the ranks n its just rediculous to suggest any other reason.

A lot of people want him gone, not because they think he fed the opponent information but because he is taking up a roster spot and cap room from a player like Blake Costanzo who could actually have contributed something to this team this year. Once again, no one has claimed to know for a fact that this happened. We're spitballing, I'm sure you high minded Giants fans did too after you lost to teams like the Cowboys and the Eagles this year.
Share 49ersWebzone