LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

New York Giants show how to beat San Francisco 49ers @ NFL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So mad, headache from booze kicking in, eff the giants now!!!! To be honest, I dont want to see them in the playoffs though
so you protect your passer, get a good pass rush on the opponents and control the LOS...heck, that works in any game
Originally posted by kray28:
If Harbaugh wants to develop Kaepernick, then just give him a possession to run the offense. This has been done in the past with few problems. Otherwise, you need to make it clear to Alex that he's the guy who will start and finish possessions.

As it stands right now, if I am Harbaugh, I talk to both QBs and let them know that the experiment is over.

Yes this is a good idea. To me it's becoming more and more clear because of the volume of snaps Kap has been getting that Harbaugh is worried about the QB play at times and is getting him more ready, just in case the wheels fall off Smith. After all it's his image and job and to this point I haven't seen the staff keep any player around too long if they are not cutting it on the field. But Smith has been good within the system they use for him. Just think he wants to be prepared if he feels change must be made.

But for sure; let Smith finish his series, this stuff is going to end up confusing him..and pissing him off, but JH don't care about that I think..
Originally posted by jreff22:
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest The Giants couldn't stop Frank Gore in the second half ... because Frank Gore had zero carries after halftime.

Coaching staff FAIL.............. but it's like, we were down and when we're trying to play catch up Gore is always non-existent. But Alex kept digging the hole with his picks. So.... kinda understand why a little
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Culliver got burned up and down all day. I'm starting to think that he just isn't reliable as a nickel corner.

Truth is we play good defense by committee. Aside from Smith, Willis, Bowman, and maybe Goldson, our defense doesnt really boast individual talent. Tarrell Brown, Culliver, and Rogers are all liabilties that can be burned by even the avg receiver(s). We need a good pass rush, shut down run game, and then we can back off and play the field as a group. Thats the difference between playing Detroit (nothing for CJ) and playing NY (Cruz lights us up again).

Well, most good defenses only comprise of a few standout players. I thought Brown and Rodgers did a decent job. It's just that Culliver couldn't stay with Hixon. Maybe it's just me, but his play just seems underwhelming to me.

Ya but didn't we all think he was going to challenge for a starting slot this year at one point? He was plying real well off and on, mostly on, for last year and this. His pass breakups in the Lions and Pack games come to mind when he sprinted step for step and got a hand up for a deflection in the endzone..So what, maybe the scheme is different now and his talent is not be used as efficiently?

I've never thought that Culliver was good enough to unseat Brown or Rodgers. Moreover, we just paid a lot of money to Rodgers as well.

I suppose I'm extreme on Culliver but I've never been impressed by him and today it showed.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Niners just plain SUCK at beating competitively 'sound' teams.

I mean we beat the Giants last year.... But.... ugh i just dont know...
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest The Giants couldn't stop Frank Gore in the second half ... because Frank Gore had zero carries after halftime.

Coaching staff FAIL.............. but it's like, we were down and when we're trying to play catch up Gore is always non-existent. But Alex kept digging the hole with his picks. So.... kinda understand why a little

Agreed. The special teams lapse on the second half kickoff return was huge. It put the defense on the ropes and all of a sudden we were down two TDs.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Oct 14, 2012 at 9:46 PM ]

Agreed. The special teams lapse on the second half kickoff return was huge. It put the defense on ropes and all of a sudden we were down two TDs.

Man, the special teams has seemed to let us down since the blocked punt in Seattle last year.......very disappointed

Agreed. The special teams lapse on the second half kickoff return was huge. It put the defense on ropes and all of a sudden we were down two TDs.

And yet they keep playing the Tony Montana theme song..... Like we're getting torched on Special Teams..... Turn that f**king s**t off it was last year!
Culliver got burned up and down all day. I'm starting to think that he just isn't reliable as a nickel corner.

Truth is we play good defense by committee. Aside from Smith, Willis, Bowman, and maybe Goldson, our defense doesnt really boast individual talent. Tarrell Brown, Culliver, and Rogers are all liabilties that can be burned by even the avg receiver(s). We need a good pass rush, shut down run game, and then we can back off and play the field as a group. Thats the difference between playing Detroit (nothing for CJ) and playing NY (Cruz lights us up again).

Well, most good defenses only comprise of a few standout players. I thought Brown and Rodgers did a decent job. It's just that Culliver couldn't stay with Hixon. Maybe it's just me, but his play just seems underwhelming to me.

Ya but didn't we all think he was going to challenge for a starting slot this year at one point? He was plying real well off and on, mostly on, for last year and this. His pass breakups in the Lions and Pack games come to mind when he sprinted step for step and got a hand up for a deflection in the endzone..So what, maybe the scheme is different now and his talent is not be used as efficiently?

I've never thought that Culliver was good enough to unseat Brown or Rodgers. Moreover, we just paid a lot of money to Rodgers as well.

I suppose I'm extreme on Culliver but I've never been impressed by him and today it showed.

It was Brown I was talking about, should have that more clear

Such a dumb article... The Giants couldn't stop our running game. WE just decided to stop running period! Look at how many carries Gore had, the WHOLE game. He didn't get a single touch in the second half. We made ourselves 1 dimensional due to stupid play-calling and for some reason juggling back and forth with a 2-Quarterback system like it was a Quarterback carousel...
Originally posted by vamphunter23:

Man, the special teams has seemed to let us down since the blocked punt in Seattle last year.......very disappointed

Yeah, not to mention that Akers has really misfired this season. We had all the momentum after our own blocked FG today and then Akers decides to miss again.

It was Brown I was talking about, should have that more clear

Ah no worries Brown already starts and I think he's a very solid CB.
The panic is cracking me up.

We played the Giants like they were the Jaguars, or some other scrub team. Thinking we could pull all these cute plays on them was just the stupidest thing I've seen from this coaching in like...ever! We totally shot ourselves in the foot time and again. This was not a blueprint to beating us, this was a blueprint on how to beat ourselves. Gosh, those first couple of drives we moved the ball well, and then we got away from it and completely screwed ourselves over.

Dude's, it felt like I was watching the 3 stooges out there with the sheer stupidity of the decisions we were making.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Missed field goals hurt
Share 49ersWebzone