LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 390 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Roman can be very good(Bears game) . Then roman can be very bad(SEA). The last half of SB he called a good game, and then came the last 4 plays....all off the board, awful, horrid , crappy plays. It's like at times he gets brain fade, and i guess you never know when that is going to come out and bite us. As for fangio, he calls a good game, but gets way too conservative, and doesn't use the 3-4 for what it was intended...blitzing from 5 different positions. Both fangio and roman have had good games and unfortunately , really bad ones as well. Somehow, that doesn't bode well for us. Maybe the problem for both is being too conservative...i don't know.
Its almost impossible for fans to tell the difference between bad play calls vs bad execution/ good defense. Roman is a very good coordinater. Almost every NFL pundit says hes highly respected around the league. Not to mention JH thinks so. Good enough for me.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Apr 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM ]
I try not to pin the redzone playcalling in the superbowl exclusively on Roman. I have to believe that Harbaugh had the last say on those plays and could have changed it had he wanted to. I am also sure Kap had some audibles he could change the plays on his own. Also Kap had a few chances where he could have ran it in himself but instead went to Crabtree for whatever reason. So I don't put 100% of the blame on Roman I do put probably about 75% of the blame on him though.
Originally posted by Beeker:
I hate the off-season.

this
When you have offensive lineman who tweet s**t like this
@THELEONARDDAVIS ~ Kinda funny looking over my shoulder and seeing a small kid trying to peek under to see his dad on the crapper, lol.
Theres no way you cant be really good lol
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
When you have offensive lineman who tweet s**t like this
@THELEONARDDAVIS ~ Kinda funny looking over my shoulder and seeing a small kid trying to peek under to see his dad on the crapper, lol.
Theres no way you cant be really good lol

wtf

Is our memory as fans that short? Do we not remember what we had before JH & Co.? I'm shocked that this is a serious question.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Is our memory as fans that short? Do we not remember what we had before JH & Co.? I'm shocked that this is a serious question.

You gotta remember there are alot of people that werent "active" fans until we got Harbaugh and Roman, when success comes bandwagoners are quick to follow.
He sometimes over-thinks situations. But I'd rather have that than someone who doesn't think at all.

This guy thinks outside the box. We're lucky to have him.
i think hes gonna be second guessed on that final drive his entire career. frank f**kin gore...

Originally posted by BayArea:
I try not to pin the redzone playcalling in the superbowl exclusively on Roman. I have to believe that Harbaugh had the last say on those plays and could have changed it had he wanted to. I am also sure Kap had some audibles he could change the plays on his own. Also Kap had a few chances where he could have ran it in himself but instead went to Crabtree for whatever reason. So I don't put 100% of the blame on Roman I do put probably about 75% of the blame on him though.

I don't disagree with you, but the Ravens blitzed every play that series (minus the QB keeper that wasn't a play cuz we called TO.)

They were making sure:
A: He was going to have to make a quick decision
B: He wouldn't be able to run it in
C: Clog up running lanes/preventing the Read/Option

In those circumstances Kaep has almost GOT to go with the quick throw (to his best option)......Crabtree.

The Ravens DC, D. Pees, did his homework and they were waiting on it.
There you go. Ravens DC, Pees, did his homework. We didn't....inexperience, which i hope both jh and roman have gotten out of their system.
Greg roman is failed when last final drive that championship!! Failed!!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
There you go. Ravens DC, Pees, did his homework. We didn't....inexperience, which i hope both jh and roman have gotten out of their system.
Agreed
He's a genius of an OC that we're lucky to have. He turned AS into 2 high draft picks and helped developed CK into our QB of the future.

He just had his worst series of calls at the lease opportune time for us.
Share 49ersWebzone