LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
You can cross San Diego off the list for possible HC gig that Roman will land. Chargers going to hire Denver OC which equals Norv Turner 2.0.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Next year will be the Greg Roman farewell tour
This. If he just maintains what he's done this season, he's at least going to get called in for some interviews. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind if we got the OC from Stanford. I wouldn't expect David Shaw to remain there much longer, although he'd probably prefer to have his OC.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Maybe. Either way keeping a OC for 3 consecutive seasons will be nice for a change.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Good enough for me.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Maybe. Either way keeping a OC for 3 consecutive seasons will be nice for a change.

Only issue is if we make a long playoff run again, teams might not want to wait to hire him.
Has Oregon hired a new HC yet?
If our offense is top 5 and we are making a long playoff run, at least 2 teams are going to wait. When a coordinator can be a part of a championship team in multiple seasons, he will be hired. It's similar to Mike Shanahan when he was our OC. And I honestly do expect our offense to at least be on the cusp of being a top 5 offense next season.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This. If he just maintains what he's done this season, he's at least going to get called in for some interviews. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind if we got the OC from Stanford. I wouldn't expect David Shaw to remain there much longer, although he'd probably prefer to have his OC.

David Shaw is not leaving that gig to become an offensive coordinator.

Also if you're referring to Pep Hamilton, he became the OC of the Colts last week.
Originally posted by kingairta:

yes

it wouldnt make sense to take a college coaching job. Even if he has a bad year with us next year, his body of work is good enough to merritt a NFL HC job. Hell mike McCarthy got a job after his terrible season with us
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM ]

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by kingairta:

yes

it wouldnt make sense to take a college coaching job. Even if he has a bad year with us next year, his body of work is good enough to merritt a NFL HC job. Hell mike McCarthy got a job after his terrible season with us

Money talks...
Nice article on Greg Roman

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--offensive-guru-and-coaching-candidate-greg-roman-a-victim-of-his--niners--success-022509392.html
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
well,,, ah never mind
he's good for now
I hate the off-season.
Share 49ersWebzone