There are 290 users in the forums

How upset are you?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Baldie:
a bit more upset now that I watch this Delanie Walker INT again.

People talk about how Alex won't trust his weapons down the field? Yeah... well I wonder why that is? Walker had just as much right and opportunity to go up and make a catch on that deep pass. What f**king waste of a roster space. He may be able to get some good chip blocks in the run game... but as a receiver, he is horrid. Thanks a bunch, Delanie.

First of all, why da heck did Alex throw that ball? Plus, he let the ball hang for so long. The Giants defense rattled Alex GOOD and made him make some stupid decisions that cost us the game.

That is certainly the way I remember it.

If you watch that Delanie INT though, you will see that Alex believed Amukamara was gonna follow Rio inside. He was showing Alex his right shoulder as Alex threw it... but then he flipped his hips and instead went sideline to Walker. The ball hung up, which was GOOD.. because this gave Walker time to line up and jump for it.. but he simply didn't. The CB wanted it more and got it instead. F**k Walker.
Well we can all agree that was a bad throw, but that was 1 out of 3 INT's. The others, why was Alex throwing into a crowded areas? Like I said the Giant D rattled him making him get rid of the ball before he was comfortable doing so and they won. Thats what our D was suppose to do to Eli but our Pass Rush stayed in 2011 and has not appeared in 2012 as of yet.

People talk about how Alex won't trust his weapons down the field? Yeah... well I wonder why that is? Walker had just as much right and opportunity to go up and make a catch on that deep pass. What f**king waste of a roster space. He may be able to get some good chip blocks in the run game... but as a receiver, he is horrid. Thanks a bunch, Delanie.

First of all, why da heck did Alex throw that ball? Plus, he let the ball hang for so long. The Giants defense rattled Alex GOOD and made him make some stupid decisions that cost us the game.

If you watch that Delanie INT though, you will see that Alex believed Amukamara was gonna follow Rio inside. He was showing Alex his right shoulder as Alex threw it... but then he flipped his hips and instead went sideline to Walker. The ball hung up, which was GOOD.. because this gave Walker time to line up and jump for it.. but he simply didn't. The CB wanted it more and got it instead. F**k Walker.
Well we can all agree that was a bad throw, but that was 1 out of 3 INT's. The others, why was Alex throwing into a crowded areas? Like I said the Giant D rattled him making him get rid of the ball before he was comfortable doing so and they won. Thats what our D was suppose to do to Eli but our Pass Rush stayed in 2011 and has not appeared in 2012 as of yet.

Can't really disagree with anything you are saying. They got all the pass rush pressure and we got very little, if any. They stayed focused on running the ball, and the missed FGs and poor playcalling took us away from feeding Gore and Hunter. I mean, our RBs had TWELVE carries... that's it? They were averaging 4.5 and 6.5 a carry... and we pass the ball 37 times? FML

We have one receiver that fights for the ball - Moss. And we never throw to him. He fought hard for that bomb Kap threw at him last game (I believe), against triple coverage, and he almost had it.

Smith is to blame for his mistakes, but so are the coaches. Horribly gameplanned.
I was really upset during the game...yelling at the tv, telling coach to give Alex the hook etc... In the light of the next day I have cooled down about it, but we do need to put a stop to this trend of comming out an laying an egg every couple of games. Losing to a few to good teams through out the season happens, but twice now we have lined up against a quality team and looked like crap. We need to learn to deal with success as well as we deal with failure. I think these guys have been up against adveristy for so long, that they can sometimes lose focus when its going well...and on a team that is so dependent on preperation thats a bad situation. Alex clearly played his worst game in probalby 3 years and looked aweful, he directly led to the vast majority of the Giants points for sure with his three picks in the shadow of our own endzone..but the coaches looked underprepared to adjust once our gameplan didnt execute the way it has of late, The line gave up a lot of pressure and compounded it by taking dumb penalties, we had better get our act together in the short week with this division being so tight its going to come down the the games we play amongst ourselves to decide the post season.
I really think if Akers makes those FGs and our D plays a little better? We would have pounded the ball more. Said about 5 times during the game... just like I did vs the Vikes... "this just ain't our mutha***ing day."
just wanna say ive been reading you guys post for a long time and im happy to be a part of it now.....with that being said, we got our asses handed to us yesterday. we were outcoached AGAIN, lost the game in the trenches on both sides of the ball, and we didnt play 49er football which is running the ball down peoples throat and throwing when they they stack the box. so im FURIOUS! its one thing to lose, its another thing when you get dominated and you dont even play your game!
I was disappointed...doesn't do any good to be upset. It was game 6...10 more to go, and one coming up vs 'Hawks Thursday night. Giants thoroughly outplayed us, for sure. But, it does no good to dwell on it...mission now is to beat Seattle, period.
I hope the coaching staff learned their lesson and that's that we need to stick to our roots and run the damn ball! In our 2 losses this year we did not run the ball.
I'm not that upset. I'm disappointed. The special teams really fell apart today and that made are usually slow to start offense try to kick it into gear early. I saw lots of good stuff in that game. I think we tried to get to cute. I don't know. If akers makes those field goals we're in a whole different situation at the half. Then the second half kick return was a disaster. Also lot's of little stuff just got in the way in that game. Roger's drops a pick 6. the false start by davis was just stupid. I have high hopes that this game will serve as a motivator for the rest of the season. I think we were able to "write off" the Vikings loss. We need to take this loss to heart.
[ Edited by VA49er on Oct 15, 2012 at 7:32 AM ]
Alex played bad for sure but either the game plan was disjointed or the Giants disguised pre-snap looks to deek Alex into the wrong sight adjustment (kill-kill or let-it-roll). Either way 17 combined touches rushing and receiving for Gore and Hunter isn't going to win us many games.

Perry Fewell owned Roman and Harbaugh yesterday

Pissed. Those first two drives we were killing it and only come away with 3. Than after that we sucked.
Alex 3 INTS really killed us. We will be alright though. I still see us being 6-2 going into the bye.

When I saw that play, the first thing that came to me was that Smith should have thrown it to the outside. IMO, it was just good awareness by Amukarama.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
When I saw that play, the first thing that came to me was that Smith should have thrown it to the outside. IMO, it was just good awareness by Amukarama.

It really was.. but it was even worse effort by Walker. Why he didn't feel inclined to turn that moment into a jump-ball battle, I'll never understand. Some guys make plays... and some just collect a paycheck.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

It really was.. but it was even worse effort by Walker. Why he didn't feel inclined to turn that moment into a jump-ball battle, I'll never understand. Some guys make plays... and some just collect a paycheck.

Agreed about Walker. Overrated TE. I can't remember the last time he made a significant play besides the fumbles and tipped balls.
Share 49ersWebzone