LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

What is wrong with our ST coverage units?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We're off to a solid 4-1 start out scoring opponents 79-3 last two weeks. Offense broke out last week and our D is as good as advertised but our punt team keeps getting torched...if buffalo doesn't get called for holding the start of that game changes drastically. Also unless Akers drills it out of the end zone were giving up huge chunks of yards on kickoffs too...idk maybe I got spoiled last year watching us dominate ST but this year they seem shaky...hard to complain last two weeks but in a close game something like this could kill us
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Costanzo and Jones.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Costanzo and Jones.

Plus, ST coverage performance is notoriously random. We're slightly less talented than last year, but we're also just regressing a bit.
Costanzo and Jones.

Best tackler and best gunner.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:
Costanzo and Jones.

yes , who were they replaced with?? do not worry, I do not know either.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Costanzo and Jones.

yes , who were they replaced with?? do not worry, I do not know either.

McBath, Robinson, Celek....?
The heart and soul of our ST unit last year is gone.. still dont get why we let him walk..
I hate to sound like a broken record here on the WZ, but it's nice to nitpick on the team's performance after years of just complete ineptitude. If all three phases of the team are ratcheted up, wow...look out.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CityKing415:
The heart and soul of our ST unit last year is gone.. still dont get why we let him walk..

should have kept rock . ginn is a one trick pony and we kept him, rock at least could have done all of the things dixon does plus played better special teams in my opinion. the coaches do the player evaluation and i just set around but this is still a puzzler to me
Originally posted by cciowa:
should have kept rock . ginn is a one trick pony and we kept him, rock at least could have done all of the things dixon does plus played better special teams in my opinion. the coaches do the player evaluation and i just set around but this is still a puzzler to me

I dont see why we couldnt have kept rock and dixon.. cant tell me mcbath..celek.. and even jacobs are worth a spot over a solid ST player like rock.. but thats the past we got what we got..

I miss the original Tony Montana Squad!
Costanzo and Jones.

The heart and soul...gone!
I really don't think there's anything wrong, Mckelvin is just one of the better returners in this league, and he still didn't take one to the house.
Costanzo and Jones.

/thread
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Costanzo and Jones.

/thread
Share 49ersWebzone