LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
RUN THE BALL and establish the running game and maybe you can win this game. Unless Harb is planning to replace AS soon, I wouldn't use CK more than 5 or 7 snaps per game and it should be mostly running plays and maybe 1 or 2 bombs against single coverage only, especially when the team is behind in the scoreboard. ST coverage is bad compare to last year. Maybe Harb need to release a player or 2 and bring in some ST only player for KR/PR coverage or else don't be surprise it bites them in the rear down the road.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Wilson is going to die on Thursday.

This.

This this.

I've been so excited to welcome him to the NFL. Our coverages are gonna f**k his brain. I just hope Alex can get something done versus the hawks.
Wilson is not Eli.
Tate is not Cruz.
Pete is not Coughlin.
I can picture it already Richard Sherman taunting Smith on Thursday & Smith going into the tunnel crying his poor little heart out

Originally posted by MrTruth:
RUN THE BALL and establish the running game and maybe you can win this game. Unless Harb is planning to replace AS soon, I wouldn't use CK more than 5 or 7 snaps per game and it should be mostly running plays and maybe 1 or 2 bombs against single coverage only, especially when the team is behind in the scoreboard. ST coverage is bad compare to last year. Maybe Harb need to release a player or 2 and bring in some ST only player for KR/PR coverage or else don't be surprise it bites them in the rear down the road.

Having Boone at LT may really allow us to rip off some counters or pitches to the weakside. Staley is great at pulling wide, but Boone is far more powerful (and much quicker now than when we brought him in). Gore and Hunter should find success on the weakside runs. We need to have a back block-n-release to help Boone vs the speed of Clemons.. maybe. Lots of PA passes too.
I'll be headin down from Seattle to watch this game, hopefully no niner fans shiv me in my earl thomas jersey...

That being said this game is going to be a hell of a game to watch. Our teams are fairly similar and our coaches don't like eachother, we're both in the hunt for this division, it's in prime time. . .looking forward to such a big game setup as my first time going to watch my team on the road. If I had to gamble, I would put money on a close win at home for the niners but don't dismiss the Seahawks this year. Every game has been down to the wire except the way they handled dallas. They play to keep the game close. 5 out of 6 games this year have come right down to the wire. I'm tired of all the gimmicky stuff in the NFL these days and all the uncontested passing for 800 yards etc. . . give me a game like this, two tough teams playing actual football any day.

Here's hoping for an epic game! Please don't kill the fat guy in the thomas jersey with bright green hair, he's only there to see a good football game like everyone else.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MrTruth:

Exactly, get the running game going then that should open up the play action. And, use some screens to keep the defense honest. We don't run screens anymore. Gore and Hunter are excellent recievers that should exploit the defense with the screen game and no more wild Kap unless we have the lead.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont like thursday night games they feel kind of cheap and half ass.
We have 2 OT's on the practice squad and no back-up OT going into Thursday's game as of now...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE cut Brandon Jacobs and promote of the young tackles to the active roster...PLEASE

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I can picture it already Richard Sherman taunting Smith on Thursday & Smith going into the tunnel crying his poor little heart out

Yeah because that's what Alex did when the saints were talking s**t to him in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Need to play better in every phase this week.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Seattle scares me. Their D is tough.

And man, I hate those guys. I hate the Seahawks more than I hate the Cowboys. And I've hated the Cowboys for decades!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Seattle scares me. Their D is tough.

And man, I hate those guys. I hate the Seahawks more than I hate the Cowboys. And I've hated the Cowboys for decades!

They remind of the niners of 2011. Tough D, running game, and average passing game. We went a long way with that formula.

Gonna be a tough game for sure. I'm sure Pete had this game circled.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone