LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 184 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
42 - 3, SERERWKS
sacniner

i too think this will be a physical game, your linebacking group is tops in the league in my opinion... if lynch is contained, wilson will have to perform, which he is fully capable of doing... curious as to why you think he will struggle. i've read several threads on here where you guys are saying your pass rush has not been effective this year...

only way we win this game is to control gore, and put pressure on smith, think it will be a low scoring affair....
Originally posted by hawker84:
sacniner

i too think this will be a physical game, your linebacking group is tops in the league in my opinion... if lynch is contained, wilson will have to perform, which he is fully capable of doing... curious as to why you think he will struggle. i've read several threads on here where you guys are saying your pass rush has not been effective this year...

only way we win this game is to control gore, and put pressure on smith, think it will be a low scoring affair....

our pass rush has sucked this year, though i don't think you should be so confident in a 5'10" rookie qb. this isn't the patriots D he's going against in seattle
sacniner

Wilson is a rookie. He has played well considering that, but still a rookie. Our sack total is low, but I think it will improve. We can throw different looks at Wilson and confuse the kid. We have very fast LBs and if we try some sophisticated blitz to confuse the kid he will get rattled. I still beleive our defense is the best in the league and our pass rush is a lot better than the sack numbers show. You guys will and should play it safe and try to establish the run. Take the game out of Wilson's hands somewhat. I think both teams will probably do this. I agree with you that this will be a low scoring game.
Originally posted by sacniner:
sacniner

Wilson is a rookie. He has played well considering that, but still a rookie. Our sack total is low, but I think it will improve. We can throw different looks at Wilson and confuse the kid. We have very fast LBs and if we try some sophisticated blitz to confuse the kid he will get rattled. I still beleive our defense is the best in the league and our pass rush is a lot better than the sack numbers show. You guys will and should play it safe and try to establish the run. Take the game out of Wilson's hands somewhat. I think both teams will probably do this. I agree with you that this will be a low scoring game.

I can see Beast Mode attracting our LB's main attention and Wilson slipping through with more runs on scramble.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I can see Beast Mode attracting our LB's main attention and Wilson slipping through with more runs on scramble.

And I can see our fast, hard hitting secondary coming in and laying licks on Wilson. Possibly causing a TO which would end that. This defense is fast and nasty. Hopefully they have a chip on their shoulder Thursday.
I see a high hand-off rate for both teams this game and it may even get boring to watch at times because there won't be much passing. It will be very low scoring in my opinion, with the home team getting the win, around 17-13 (and maybe that's even too high a score). TOP, rushing gains on 1st and 2nd downs, and the battle of the trenches is where this game is going to be won or lost. I can't see either team airing it out other than play-action.

We MUST get some type of pass rush on Wilson, or I suspect a long night for us. This is the turning point in the season. 5-2 on top of the division, with 10 days to prepare for the Cards is much better than 4-3, and going into that MNF game as a potential "must win" before the BYE.

Just my two cents...GO NINERS!!!!! Go get this Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First game I'm going to this year can't wait :).. Wanna stomp on the seahawks
our coaches are finally opening up the playbook for wilson, we can no longer rely soley on the running game because good teams will stuff it and pin their ears back.. wilson has shown he can handle more plays, so look for more play action and screens to the backs to keep the LB's guessing... it's not going to be easy by any means, i put your defense right up there with ours, but don't discredit wilsons stature or inexperience, he's playing well beyond his experience, and the whole height thing has proven to be a non issue to this point.. the more the coaches loosen the reigns the more he's improved... i hope they don't handcuff him again and make us one dementional, i fear that would spell doom.... gotta keep you guys guessing, that's the key.... curious as to what you guys think is the key to a niner victory?
our coaches are finally opening up the playbook for wilson, we can no longer rely soley on the running game because good teams will stuff it and pin their ears back.. wilson has shown he can handle more plays, so look for more play action and screens to the backs to keep the LB's guessing... it's not going to be easy by any means, i put your defense right up there with ours, but don't discredit wilsons stature or inexperience, he's playing well beyond his experience, and the whole height thing has proven to be a non issue to this point.. the more the coaches loosen the reigns the more he's improved... i hope they don't handcuff him again and make us one dementional, i fear that would spell doom.... gotta keep you guys guessing, that's the key.... curious as to what you guys think is the key to a niner victory?

Establish the running game. Get some pass rush. Get the O line geling without Staley. Stop idiot playcalling.

Originally posted by Beezy33:
I see a high hand-off rate for both teams this game and it may even get boring to watch at times because there won't be much passing. It will be very low scoring in my opinion, with the home team getting the win, around 17-13 (and maybe that's even too high a score). TOP, rushing gains on 1st and 2nd downs, and the battle of the trenches is where this game is going to be won or lost. I can't see either team airing it out other than play-action.

We MUST get some type of pass rush on Wilson, or I suspect a long night for us. This is the turning point in the season. 5-2 on top of the division, with 10 days to prepare for the Cards is much better than 4-3, and going into that MNF game as a potential "must win" before the BYE.

Just my two cents...GO NINERS!!!!! Go get this Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice post. This pretty much sums it up for me.

Ball control, win TOP, clean up the ST blunders (on KOs and Akers' accuracy), and run the hell out of the rock for the victory. Alex needs to build his confidence back up, but this isn't the game to take unnecessary shots down field. I feel this O is where it should be after Week 6 but think with Kaep's emergence as a "weapon", the coaches have gotten too cute/fancy and trying to do too much with him like, "we need to find plays/snaps for him to contribute". Leave him on the sideline, let Alex control the game, and dink and dunk down the field when it opens up. Sounds wayyyyyy conservative, but it's who we are. We'll never be a dominant passing team with Alex at the helm (while very tough, I've finally learned to accept this fact, even with all the WR weapons we have), and we have great RB depth and that should be used. It's tough to watch sometimes, but I'll take winning running 150yd/game, instead of trying to throw for 250 yd/game and lose.
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Oct 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM ]
First off this killed me for some reason.....

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
ERMAHGERD ERTS RERSERL WERLSERN!

Well done.

Another Hawks fan chiming in. It is funny to see after reading through this thread, you guys are reminding me of Hawk fans. We usually are ready to jump off a cliff after every loss. It's surprising to see, you guys are usually full of confidence. Unless I've missed something (and I've only gotten to watch highlights of the 9ers games this season) the 9ers are still one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the league.

Despite the hawks win on Sunday, I think NE showed the recipe for beating the hawks D. They are fantastic against the run, and have a tremendous secondary. The TE's, Slot WR's, and screen game are what will beat the hawks defense. Over the last couple of weeks they are also starting to over pursue a little bit against the run when they get fired up and are starting to pay for it on the cutbacks. Hopefully Gus Bradley can get them to tone it down and get back to the gap discipline that they had developed. I think Vernon Davis will be the key to a win for SF.

Wilson played much better against Carolina and NE, but he still has like a 6 page play book at this point. And I think Carrol will take away 3 of those pages against SF. He is as anti turn over as a coach can get, and will not let Wilson try to air it out against SF like he did against NE. I was surprised to see that SF rushing defense has slipped to #9 and is giving up a 3.6 avg., and gave up 116 to Bradshaw. I suspect the hawks are going to try to get Lynch 30+ carries, Turbin 10+ and try to win a very ugly slugfest like just about everyone else is predicting on here (which of course means it'll wind up being a barn burner).

I really wish this wasn't a Thursday game. Tough setup for the hawks. They seem a little too high after beating the Pats, and the 9ers are looking to rebound after an ugly loss. It will be a test of these coaching staffs to get their teams settled (for different reasons) and get the gameplan in on a short week.

Unfortunately I'm thinking it winds up in your favor 13-10 49ers.

On a side note, I cannot stand Harbaugh, nor can the majority of the hawk fans. I know most of you feel the same way about Carrol. Which I take as a good sign. It's nice to have a budding rivalry in the division with some disdain amongst the fan bases etc.

Here's to a good, physical, game that leaves lots to talk about afterward.

Go Hawks!

Do not turn the ball over. The turn over battle will be key this game. Because I think both teams will play somewhat safe and conservative. In a low scoring game like that, the importance of turn overs is magnified even more. Also, I hope we bring some pressure on Wilson. Blitz. And I hope we stay committed to the run, even if it's not overly effective initially.
Originally posted by maltz88:
I really wish this wasn't a Thursday game. Tough setup for the hawks. They seem a little too high after beating the Pats, and the 9ers are looking to rebound after an ugly loss. It will be a test of these coaching staffs to get their teams settled (for different reasons) and get the gameplan in on a short week.

No divisional game should be played on Thursday. It's too important of a game for both teams. I don't like it. Also, I like the idea of only teams coming off of a bye playing on Thursday. They were floating that idea around on the Network recently.
Share 49ersWebzone