LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
DERDNT RERD LERL!
interesting... these teams are so similar... top ranked defenses, with big fast physical players, marquee running backs, seems like both weakness come at the QB position... when i say weakness, Smith inabliltiy at times (according to you guys) and RW's inexperience... wonder what's gonna give, special teams play, actually that's what killed us up there last year, fL#$%pin Guinn... only slight advantage i see is maybe our pass rush is a little better at this point, then again you have more weapon at reciever. like i said i have much respect for this team, i want nothing more than to beat you guys into submission, that would be such a huge statement for this team. will that happen, probably not, i'll just take a one point win... but win or lose i want to see a competative game, where at the end both teams can hold their heads up high and say wow two damn good teams.. best a luck....
Ruh roh. Matt Millen made some comments about Willis and Bowman's "worst performance" last week and now Willis is not too happy. That guy is going to be smashing on Thursday!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/16/patrick-willis-not-happy-with-matt-millens-criticism/
Originally posted by maltz88:
First off this killed me for some reason.....

Well done.

Another Hawks fan chiming in. It is funny to see after reading through this thread, you guys are reminding me of Hawk fans. We usually are ready to jump off a cliff after every loss. It's surprising to see, you guys are usually full of confidence. Unless I've missed something (and I've only gotten to watch highlights of the 9ers games this season) the 9ers are still one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the league.

Despite the hawks win on Sunday, I think NE showed the recipe for beating the hawks D. They are fantastic against the run, and have a tremendous secondary. The TE's, Slot WR's, and screen game are what will beat the hawks defense. Over the last couple of weeks they are also starting to over pursue a little bit against the run when they get fired up and are starting to pay for it on the cutbacks. Hopefully Gus Bradley can get them to tone it down and get back to the gap discipline that they had developed. I think Vernon Davis will be the key to a win for SF.

Wilson played much better against Carolina and NE, but he still has like a 6 page play book at this point. And I think Carrol will take away 3 of those pages against SF. He is as anti turn over as a coach can get, and will not let Wilson try to air it out against SF like he did against NE. I was surprised to see that SF rushing defense has slipped to #9 and is giving up a 3.6 avg., and gave up 116 to Bradshaw. I suspect the hawks are going to try to get Lynch 30+ carries, Turbin 10+ and try to win a very ugly slugfest like just about everyone else is predicting on here (which of course means it'll wind up being a barn burner).

I really wish this wasn't a Thursday game. Tough setup for the hawks. They seem a little too high after beating the Pats, and the 9ers are looking to rebound after an ugly loss. It will be a test of these coaching staffs to get their teams settled (for different reasons) and get the gameplan in on a short week.

Unfortunately I'm thinking it winds up in your favor 13-10 49ers.

On a side note, I cannot stand Harbaugh, nor can the majority of the hawk fans. I know most of you feel the same way about Carrol. Which I take as a good sign. It's nice to have a budding rivalry in the division with some disdain amongst the fan bases etc.

Here's to a good, physical, game that leaves lots to talk about afterward.

Go Hawks!

Nice analysis and insight.

Don't let the Bradshaw 100+ yard day sway the stats.....it took a blowout loss for him to just crack that #. He was held to a very low average before the game got out of hand.The 49ers run defense is still good, and will always be the fundamental strength of the unit.

Interesting blueprint for exposing the Seahawks D. I guess those are things we can trust the 49ers to attack and probably with success. If you said to attack your secondary deep because they were average (assuming they were), that would be less of an issue for you to worry about at this point in our passing game.

As far as Harbaugh/Carroll it makes for one of the more fascinating coaching rivalries, given the college history. I don't have any hatred for your coach but do think his reaction to the Packer game result was amusing. I do recall him coaching the Jets back in the day and was invisible for the most part.

Should make for a very interesting game.
Time to take it out on the Hawks
Originally posted by hawker84:
interesting... these teams are so similar... top ranked defenses, with big fast physical players, marquee running backs, seems like both weakness come at the QB position... when i say weakness, Smith inabliltiy at times (according to you guys) and RW's inexperience... wonder what's gonna give, special teams play, actually that's what killed us up there last year, fL#$%pin Guinn... only slight advantage i see is maybe our pass rush is a little better at this point, then again you have more weapon at reciever. like i said i have much respect for this team, i want nothing more than to beat you guys into submission, that would be such a huge statement for this team. will that happen, probably not, i'll just take a one point win... but win or lose i want to see a competative game, where at the end both teams can hold their heads up high and say wow two damn good teams.. best a luck....

they have hope , their qb throws deep and upside ours stand still !
as long as Alex is our qb we are going to lose ! we are going to lose on Thursday night on National TV , you can take that to the bank !
Originally posted by cNiner:
as long as Alex is our qb we are going to lose ! we are going to lose on Thursday night on National TV , you can take that to the bank !

Nice to see one loss is enough to see a good portion of our fanbase go full retard.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Nice to see one loss is enough to see a good portion of our fanbase go full retard.

if it was just a loss..i would be less upset...but this was more than just a loss...it was emabarassing

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Ruh roh. Matt Millen made some comments about Willis and Bowman's "worst performance" last week and now Willis is not too happy. That guy is going to be smashing on Thursday!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/16/patrick-willis-not-happy-with-matt-millens-criticism/
I think Willis overreacted a little here.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

As far as Harbaugh/Carroll it makes for one of the more fascinating coaching rivalries, given the college history. I don't have any hatred for your coach but do think his reaction to the Packer game result was amusing. I do recall him coaching the Jets back in the day and was invisible for the most part.

I agree completely. What are the odds that (2) Pac-10 coaches with a sketchy history come up to the pros within a year or two of each other and wind up in the same division?

Carrolls reaction after the pack game was funny. But I don't think you can really expect a coach to say anything other than what he did. He's a different guy. I HATED the hire at first, and was not a big fan of his just from his time at USC. But watching the moves he's made since coming on board, listening to his press conferences, and just watching his attitude with the team, he's actually really grown on me. He's just one of those freaky positive people who could care less how it's always been done in the NFL.......hence the 6'4" corners, 350 lb defensive end, and 5' 10" qb.

I used to love Harbaugh when he was a Bear. But I've really disliked him since he was at Stanford, and it's pretty much been strengthened since. He just seems like an @$$#0lio. But the dude wins, and doesn't coach for me to like him (I don't think).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:

The skies falling, the skies falling.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

I think Willis overreacted a little here.

Looks like Freddie P has gotten the best of Willis to the point where criticism bruises the ego.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Share 49ersWebzone