LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

Who was your favorite 9er who never panned out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I really wanted to see a dominant trio of Rice Owens and Stokes but never happened :-( Wish they all would have peaked and panned out - would have been an ridic offense.
yep. we had flashes and glimpses of what they could do as a trio but that was about it
JJ Stokes (by far). He was supposed to carry the torch after Rice retired. We gave up 2 #1's for the guy. The parallels to moving up for Rice where there. Total disappointment.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Robert:
JJ Stokes (by far). He was supposed to carry the torch after Rice retired. We gave up 2 #1's for the guy. The parallels to moving up for Rice where there. Total disappointment.
he was very respectable but you are right,, when you give up that much,, you want and deserve more than just respectable
When Walsh drafted Andre Carter, I thought he was going to be special. Good but not great player and just couldn't fit in once we went 3-4. Still not sure why we didn't use him like the Cowboys use Ware. Julian Peterson was also awesome in the 4-3, especially pre-injury. Obviously Rumph, Druckenmiller, Woods and Balmer were the huge busts, but the only guy I really thought much of when they were drafted was Woods.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i will go old school.. help me guys,, the speedy olympic guy walsh got in 1983ish,. nehamai something.. i know i am struggling with this but i think you guys know who I mean. olympic sprinter, high hopes big bust

Renaldo Nehemiah

Loved his name.

Jay Moore...had high hopes for him. He ended up having some freak injury that never let him play again.

John Milem...DE Lenior Rhyne...6'7..290...Walsh pick....Bouncer turned football player. Thought he would be a beast. Got his autograph & pic at the 2000 HOF Game.
Originally posted by Ninerguy:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by Ninerguy:

This has to be a joke. I mean, the guy ONLY had a Hall of Fame career with the Niners.

Didnt pan out. LOL

He left on bad terms though and we sucked for years after that. Even though he was great while he was here I would've liked to see him stay in SF

I dont want to turn this into a TO thread, but him leaving here on bad terms was no more his fault than ours. He repeatedly said he wanted an extension.

Putting all that completely aside, I dont see how even if he did leave on bad terms (as well as your desire to see him stay), in any way meant he "never panned out" like the thread topic is about.
BRANDON MOORE

Barlow. Really thought he showed flashes of star potential. Woodsons tenure here was pretty disappointing too.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
alex smith

had high hopes for the kid

+1

LoL
Jim Druckenmiller
Eric Johnson-Simpson
Ziegler. He was awesome when I saw him in practice, and never seemed to get hurt like people said he might because of his size. He just could never make it onto the field.
Share 49ersWebzone