LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Who was your favorite 9er who never panned out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
People will laugh, but if the Yorks hadn't fired Mooch/kept his WCO intact, and found a way to keep T.O. happy (in a perfect world), Tim Rattay could possibly be our franchise QB right now, and our 2005 draft pick would have been spent on Demarcus Ware, or Roddy White.

Yes people will laugh because Rattay would not be our franchise QB at this time no matter who our coach was or is lol Maybe Mooch would have fallen in love with Rodgers in that draft.
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
Yes people will laugh because Rattay would not be our franchise QB at this time no matter who our coach was or is lol Maybe Mooch would have fallen in love with Rodgers in that draft.

Both Cal guys....who knows?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Keith lewis and Brandon Moore... Nolan had a mean defense towards the end of 06. To bad the beginning and middle sucked
  • dj43
Chilo Rachal. Now starting for Chicago and looked dominant last night against the Cowgirls.
Does Charlie Garner count? He had a couple good years with us but then had some really good years with Oakland. Definitely wish we would of kept him longer
I loved Kevan Barlow when he backed up Hearst. So much so I had his jersey made because I thought it was only a matter of time before he broke out. He had always showed flashes before when given the chance. Idk if it was part the team being awful and part his attitude that lead to him failing.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Does Charlie Garner count? He had a couple good years with us but then had some really good years with Oakland. Definitely wish we would of kept him longer

garnere + hearst should've played together
Originally posted by Seansf49:
I loved Kevan Barlow when he backed up Hearst. So much so I had his jersey made because I thought it was only a matter of time before he broke out. He had always showed flashes before when given the chance. Idk if it was part the team being awful and part his attitude that lead to him failing.

It was because of Adolf Nolan.

Wasnt it Barlow you likened Nolan to Hitler after he was traded to the Jets?
Originally posted by dj43:
Chilo Rachal. Now starting for Chicago and looked dominant last night against the Cowgirls.

He showed flashes his first 2 years that made a lot of people think he was gonna be dominant.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

yeah it was him.

but Barlow sucked ever since he signed a big contract.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

yeah it was him.

It was because the suit got rid of rathman. Pretty much ended his career
Originally posted by Allx9er:

yeah it was him.

Rathman left with Mooch to go to Detroit. He never worked under Nolan.

yeah it was him.

I was gonna say Barlow also.
Originally posted by mkmasn:

yeah it was him.

Erickson sp my bad
Originally posted by mkmasn:

yeah it was him.

Rathman was RB coach for Barlow's first two seasons. It was Nolan's first season when he was traded to the Jets. I think just before the deadline.
Share 49ersWebzone