There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who was your favorite 9er who never panned out?

Brandon Lloyd
Eric Johnson anyone?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Eric Johnson anyone?

Considering he was, what, a 7th round pick? I think he did pretty good.
kentwan balmer...psych!
Brandon Moore..
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Oct 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM ]
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Brandon Moore..

Liked him a lot, but I liked Jamie Winborn more. He was primarily drafted for his speed and to spy Marshall Faulk. And man was he good at that. I remember him shutting Faulk down by himself a couple times. He just couldnt put it all together to become an every down backer.

Thought he might be a star in the making early on...
[ Edited by JBrack on Oct 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM ]
I liked Manny Lawson. I really hoped he would develop into a Julian Peterson type and could shut down some of the more athletic TEs coming into the league now. Then there is Arnaz Battle, who I wanted to be our Troy Brown.
Taylor Mays... so sad.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Brandon Lloyd

this.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
JJ Stokes, I thought this guy was gonna be a beast on the other side of Rice.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
R W McQuarters

He had talent as a DB. Just didn't do much the first 2-3 years that he was here. Went on to have a good career elsewhere.

This. Thought he was gonna be a very good corner and explosive return man for the 49ers.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Thought this kid was gonna come in and be our shutdown corner from da 'U'.
Anyone remember Mike Wilson, he was a #3 but had good hands, would come in and D would not pay attention to him and Joe would hit him for 1st downs.
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Anyone remember Mike Wilson, he was a #3 but had good hands, would come in and D would not pay attention to him and Joe would hit him for 1st downs.

Joe hit everyone that was open
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan52:

I wouldn't say Wilson never panned out. He was a good Niner.