Pre-OrderYour 2018 Color Rush Throwback Jersey

There are 147 users in the forums

Who was your favorite 9er who never panned out?

Brandon Lloyd
Eric Johnson anyone?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Eric Johnson anyone?

Considering he was, what, a 7th round pick? I think he did pretty good.
kentwan balmer...psych!
Brandon Moore..
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Oct 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM ]
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Brandon Moore..

Liked him a lot, but I liked Jamie Winborn more. He was primarily drafted for his speed and to spy Marshall Faulk. And man was he good at that. I remember him shutting Faulk down by himself a couple times. He just couldnt put it all together to become an every down backer.

Thought he might be a star in the making early on...
[ Edited by JBrack on Oct 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM ]
I liked Manny Lawson. I really hoped he would develop into a Julian Peterson type and could shut down some of the more athletic TEs coming into the league now. Then there is Arnaz Battle, who I wanted to be our Troy Brown.
Taylor Mays... so sad.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Brandon Lloyd

this.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
JJ Stokes, I thought this guy was gonna be a beast on the other side of Rice.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
R W McQuarters

He had talent as a DB. Just didn't do much the first 2-3 years that he was here. Went on to have a good career elsewhere.

This. Thought he was gonna be a very good corner and explosive return man for the 49ers.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Thought this kid was gonna come in and be our shutdown corner from da 'U'.
Anyone remember Mike Wilson, he was a #3 but had good hands, would come in and D would not pay attention to him and Joe would hit him for 1st downs.
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Anyone remember Mike Wilson, he was a #3 but had good hands, would come in and D would not pay attention to him and Joe would hit him for 1st downs.

Joe hit everyone that was open
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan52:

I wouldn't say Wilson never panned out. He was a good Niner.
Share 49erswebzone