There are 185 users in the forums

Who was your favorite 9er who never panned out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by dj43:
Chilo Rachal. Now starting for Chicago and looked dominant last night against the Cowgirls.

He showed flashes his first 2 years that made a lot of people think he was gonna be dominant.

He really wasn't my favorite. That would be Paul Hofer but since someone already mentioned Hofer I thought I would bring up Rachal as he was certainly a disappointment though he seems to be playing well in ChiTown.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Seansf49:
I loved Kevan Barlow when he backed up Hearst. So much so I had his jersey made because I thought it was only a matter of time before he broke out. He had always showed flashes before when given the chance. Idk if it was part the team being awful and part his attitude that lead to him failing.

It was because of Adolf Nolan.

Wasnt it Barlow you likened Nolan to Hitler after he was traded to the Jets?

yeah it was him.

but Barlow sucked ever since he signed a big contract.

It was because the suit got rid of rathman. Pretty much ended his career

Rathman left with Mooch to go to Detroit. He never worked under Nolan.

I was gonna say Barlow also.

Rathman was RB coach for Barlow's first two seasons. It was Nolan's first season when he was traded to the Jets. I think just before the deadline.

Maaan...Barlow was such a disappointment. He completely sucked after he signed that big contract, coupled with the fact we lost 6 out of 11 offensive starters plus Newberry to injury. He just couldn't shoulder the load. Donahue greatly overestimated his talent. He actually got traded just before his 2nd year under Nolan before the start of the season.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Michael Crabtree has been pretty damn disappointing. I thought he was gonna be a stud, he's just a possession receiver. average #2 WR

Hard to produce big numbers when the ball is in the air a huge 140 yards a game

Its not about producing big numbers. I'm just talking about talent and playmaking ability. Crabtree doesn't have big play ability and isn't a playmaker like I thought he'd be. He's just a possession receiver
Not close to how good I thought he'd be
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Michael Crabtree has been pretty damn disappointing. I thought he was gonna be a stud, he's just a possession receiver. average #2 WR

Hard to produce big numbers when the ball is in the air a huge 140 yards a game

Its not about producing big numbers. I'm just talking about talent and playmaking ability. Crabtree doesn't have big play ability and isn't a playmaker like I thought he'd be. He's just a possession receiver
Not close to how good I thought he'd be

If its not about numbers then CTree is playing perfectly
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Still disappointing for a top 10 pick that was supposed to be one of the best WR prospects in a long time to be just a possession receiver. He's supposed to be a top 5 WR in the NFL right now and I think he's a #2 on most teams

Im not saying Crabtree sucks or that he's a bust. I just had really high hopes for him and I thought he'd be a stud, he's a good player but he's no where near as good as I thought he'd be. I seriously thought he was going to be a top 5 WR in the NFL
[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 2, 2012 at 11:12 PM ]

Still disappointing for a top 10 pick that was supposed to be one of the best WR prospects in a long time to be just a possession receiver. He's supposed to be a top 5 WR in the NFL right now and I think he's a solid #2 on most teams

He's playing to what our team does best
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

i didnt say he's playing terrible. Like I said, Im not saying he sucks or that I dont want him on the team.

I just had really high expectations and thought he was going to be a top 5 WR in the NFL. He's not, you can't deny that. He doesn't have the talent of a true #1 receiver. If he did he wouldn't have gotten shut down in the post season last year. I thought Crabtree was gonna be a stud, he's just not nearly as good or talented as I thought he'd be.
Chilo Rachal. Now starting for Chicago and looked dominant last night against the Cowgirls.

He showed flashes his first 2 years that made a lot of people think he was gonna be dominant.

He really wasn't my favorite. That would be Paul Hofer but since someone already mentioned Hofer I thought I would bring up Rachal as he was certainly a disappointment though he seems to be playing well in ChiTown.

It was one game let's not go sucking too many dicks now. He single handedly lost the Baltimore game for us last year. Dude flat out sucks.

i didnt say he's playing terrible. Like I said, Im not saying he sucks or that I dont want him on the team.

I just had really high expectations and thought he was going to be a top 5 WR in the NFL. He's not, you can't deny that. He doesn't have the talent of a true #1 receiver. If he did he wouldn't have gotten shut down in the post season last year. I thought Crabtree was gonna be a stud, he's just not nearly as good or talented as I thought he'd be.

I think all of our WRs will be high powered in a passing offense..but we don't ....nothing I can do about but hope we win every game
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:

It was one game let's not go sucking too many dicks now. He single handedly lost the Baltimore game for us last year. Dude flat out sucks.

this

Rachal single handedly made our whole offensive line look like crap. We plugged in Snyder in his spot and our whole offensive line looked so much better. Anthony Davis got so much better having Snyder on his side and looks a lot better now with Boone on his side.

Rachal was/is terrible

None! I hate 49ers players that don't pan out. It's a waste of time, money and possibly draft picks. The Mays & Chilo draft picks for instance, make my blood boil.
Jim Drukenmiller
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Jim Drukenmiller

No but seriously, Taylor Mays, had hopes he was gonna be a freak of nature
thomas clayton
Definitely Manny Lawson for me. He was just never pass rusher we hoped he would be.
Share 49ersWebzone