There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 3: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Originally posted by oldman9er:
3:05 1st quarter... Aldon gets his first pressure with an inside stunt. Hits QB after he releases incomplete sideline...

11:29 2nd quarter.. another inside stunt and Aldon gets in quick... BUT... does a terrible job of QB hunting... looks more like Aldon gets tripped as he gets close, but he actually gets shoved in the back by the LG... which propels him forward into the grass. If Ponder can't side-step that???? He is worse than Drew Bledsoe in the mobility department. Actual pressure? nah... just isn't there.. Pondre actually has that Shaun Hill clunkity-clunk when he shifts laterally.. not fluid or graceful.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i saw no energy from all, bad game plan from the coach. I saw a bump in the road. what i saw in the game paled in comparison with the over reaction and hysterics that followed from some people on this forum
Originally posted by cciowa:
i saw no energy from all, bad game plan from the coach. I saw a bump in the road. what i saw in the game paled in comparison with the over reaction and hysterics that followed from some people on this forum

I don't know... still kinda on the fence about the lack of energy thing... definitely saw some of this, but it wasn't a collective lacking. At times, it really reminded me of that group of kids in class that you can tell didn't study for the big test.

9:47... Aldon finally gets around edge on LT... PA fake and Ponder doesn't like what he sees... had plenty of time.. rolls out as Aldon gets around LT about two yds away. Any QB with a brain and some movement skills rolls away from this meager pressure...
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Ponder ran for a touchdown when Aldon had him dead to rights. We can blame Aldon for not getting to him fast enough, but that would be harsh.

Can't blame Aldon, right... but dead to rights? Oh but hell no.. he was not close enough to make a difference. Dead to rights is a rather large exaggeration.
Can't blame Aldon, right... but dead to rights? Oh but hell no.. he was not close enough to make a difference. Dead to rights is a rather large exaggeration.

:47 left.. LT sees inside LB blitz and allows Aldon through as LT goes to block in.. sissy cushion allows easy quick throw anyway..

:47 left.. LT sees inside LB blitz and allows Aldon through as LT goes to block in.. sissy cushion allows easy quick throw anyway..

pretty much the same exact play yet again..

edit: :20 left.. Aldon does good job getting around edge and pressuring Ponder into rolling right. The play before, he gota round the edge, but was too deep and pushed away from QB.

Gotta say after watching just Aldon in this first half... he has been better than I thought... not wonderful.. but better.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Sep 30, 2012 at 7:25 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Oldman9er - I do have a slight problem with you saying Ponder is worse then Bledsoe in terms of mobility......

Rookie year during only 11 games he rushed 28 times for 219 yards for 7.8 average and 13 first downs

College is hard to look at because of how they record sacks as rushing attempts for the QB but he rushed for 10 TDs in 3 years on 301 attempts (including sacks) for 780 yards. If you factored out sacks his average would be far better then 2.5 YPC.

Ponder is definitely no michael vick, cam newton or in terms of mobility but is probably above average as one of his bigger positives leading up to draft day was his ability to move.

On a traditional pocket passer Aldon would've more then likely crushed him those several times he got close.
Originally posted by sfout:
Oldman9er - I do have a slight problem with you saying Ponder is worse then Bledsoe in terms of mobility......

Read the post at the top of this page one more time. I didn't at all say what you suggest here.