LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Where the hell are James and Jenkins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It looked like Hunter was not having any success why not give some carries to James and let Jenkins see if he could get open deep.We used our top two picks on these guys wouldn't a game like this give us an opportunity to see them.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LB49ers:
It looked like Hunter was not having any success why not give some carries to James and let Jenkins see if he could get open deep.We used our top two picks on these guys wouldn't a game like this give us an opportunity to see them.

its the luxury of being stacked but IMHO we might not see James next week but the week after. Hunter has been an okay KR but I've always wanted him out of that responsibility, not necessarily because of bad play but because he was our primary backup at RB. Now its beyond doubt that he is not our best option as KR.
its going to be EVEN harder for James to get active when Jacobs gets back. (actually feel we don't really need him, but some love the guy here and the coaching staff likes him) I'm just wondering if they are going to not suit up Dixon, to make room for Jacobs...and if so, who takes Dixon's spot on Special teams?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
its going to be EVEN harder for James to get active when Jacobs gets back. (actually feel we don't really need him, but some love the guy here and the coaching staff likes him) I'm just wondering if they are going to not suit up Dixon, to make room for Jacobs...and if so, who takes Dixon's spot on Special teams?

dixon will continue to suit up because of special teams

celek will be an inactive
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
exactly what the hell has dixon done to deserve a paycheck so far this year?
screw that, let's just throw more screens and 2 yard passes to delanie walker, he's a game changer!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Great job drafting be Baalke.

When was the last time a teams 1st and 2nd round picks weren't even good enough to dress for games ?
Originally posted by susweel:
Great job drafting be Baalke.

When was the last time a teams 1st and 2nd round picks weren't even good enough to dress for games ?

yeah jenkins is a bust to be benched over moss and crabtree

But I would love to give LaMichael a chance next week
in the nfl you gotta earn your dues were stacked at wr and rb i expect jacobs to come back before they give james a chance remember ginn is in front of jenkins so when those 2 come back we wont be seeing the first or second rd picks active for awhile
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

No he is not a bust and it would be assinine to say that. However, if you're the 1st & 2nd pick, and you can't play a single snap let a lone suit up.....that doesn't bode well.

You will see them in 2013. Who do you want to bench so they can play? Name it. Instead of just talking smack like you guys always do.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You will see them in 2013. Who do you want to bench so they can play? Name it. Instead of just talking smack like you guys always do.

Still waiting. Who are the names? Maybe I shouldn't hold my breath.....
Originally posted by Apone:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

No he is not a bust and it would be assinine to say that. However, if you're the 1st & 2nd pick, and you can't play a single snap let a lone suit up.....that doesn't bode well.

They will eventually get some snaps in. I already knew that Jenkins wasnt going to play a lot this year but I'm expecting James to make an impact in later games

Still waiting......
  • sfout
  • Veteran

lmao SD with the smack down. No one will speak up, the people who do will end up saying Dixon should be benched for James but Dixon is now one of the core ST guys and James has NEGATIVE, yes I said negative special teams value because he can't field kicks for his life right now and not big enough to be a gunner on punt kicking teams. So short answer is no one for James.

Then Jenkins simply isn't a better option then any other player right now. Both Ginn and Williams are invaluable at returns and Manningham seems to have a knack for difficult catches, Crabtree has glue hands and caught 85+% of his targeted passes, you could make an argument for Moss because of how little we use him but are you really going to bench an a future HOF receiver for an unproven rookie?
Share 49ersWebzone