LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Where the hell are James and Jenkins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Still waiting. Who are the names? Maybe I shouldn't hold my breath.....

I think did say if hunter wasn't being effective that James should get a look. I thought we drafted him high for the change of pace and home run capability.
Originally posted by sfout:
You will see them in 2013. Who do you want to bench so they can play? Name it. Instead of just talking smack like you guys always do.

lmao SD with the smack down. No one will speak up, the people who do will end up saying Dixon should be benched for James but Dixon is now one of the core ST guys and James has NEGATIVE, yes I said negative special teams value because he can't field kicks for his life right now and not big enough to be a gunner on punt kicking teams. So short answer is no one for James.

Then Jenkins simply isn't a better option then any other player right now. Both Ginn and Williams are invaluable at returns and Manningham seems to have a knack for difficult catches, Crabtree has glue hands and caught 85+% of his targeted passes, you could make an argument for Moss because of how little we use him but are you really going to bench an a future HOF receiver for an unproven rookie?

I agree.
Originally posted by LB49ers:

I think did say if hunter wasn't being effective that James should get a look. I thought we drafted him high for the change of pace and home run capability.

Hunter was a good runner last year and this. And he has more experience. So no way James goes ahead of him right now. Hunter had a bad game today. But don't pretend like that is always the case.
Hunter was a good runner last year and this. And he has more experience. So no way James goes ahead of him right now. Hunter had a bad game today. But don't pretend like that is always the case.

I'm not pretending anything is wrong with Hunter. I don't think there is any harm if you are struggling to get the offense going that you try and shake it up.
Originally posted by Apone:
No he is not a bust and it would be assinine to say that. However, if you're the 1st & 2nd pick, and you can't play a single snap let a lone suit up.....that doesn't bode well.

This...its becoming evident that they could have used some additional depth on the DL and OLB......guys like Zack Brown and Derek Wolfe would have been mighty useful right now, especially since I'm not convinced that Aldon can handle full-time duties without it slowing down his pass-rush.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Apone:
No he is not a bust and it would be assinine to say that. However, if you're the 1st & 2nd pick, and you can't play a single snap let a lone suit up.....that doesn't bode well.

This...its becoming evident that they could have used some additional depth on the DL and OLB......guys like Zack Brown and Derek Wolfe would have been mighty useful right now, especially since I'm not convinced that Aldon can handle full-time duties without it slowing down his pass-rush.

And especially if he's being held 50% of the time. Relax, he has 2.5 sacks through week 3. He didn't get his first sack until week 4 last year.
It looked like Hunter was not having any success why not give some carries to James and let Jenkins see if he could get open deep.We used our top two picks on these guys wouldn't a game like this give us an opportunity to see them.

Gore was doing good, 5.3 yds per attempt. But he only ran 12 times, coaching failed, should have ran Gore more, he's the 9ers bread and butter. Would love to see if Jenkins can help the offense, Crabtree was good again on some 3rd downs, but not better than Harvin was for the Vikings.
the 49ers are hiding them because they know they blew the picks
Jenkins and James need to sit this year and hit the weights. They are not yet ready to play football at this level. Kaep ain't ready yet either but next year I hope they all are. That doesn't mean that Kaep should have Alex's job but at least I want to have that option. Jenkins James and Kaep each have big play potential written all over them but they are not about to displace anyone on the active roster just yet.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
the 49ers are hiding them because they know they blew the picks

They didn't blow the pick on James, he's going to be a good player. Now the other two maybe.

they need to play, we aren't scaring teams on anything deep
You have to harness the big play ability along with developing the necessary physicality, savvy, and decision making. They will mostly learn this year then I expect paid dividends next year
Originally posted by MrTruth:
It looked like Hunter was not having any success why not give some carries to James and let Jenkins see if he could get open deep.We used our top two picks on these guys wouldn't a game like this give us an opportunity to see them.

Gore was doing good, 5.3 yds per attempt. But he only ran 12 times, coaching failed, should have ran Gore more, he's the 9ers bread and butter. Would love to see if Jenkins can help the offense, Crabtree was good again on some 3rd downs, but not better than Harvin was for the Vikings.
Agree, Besides fumbles happen when you run like gore and fight. Personally, Why hasn't he gotten more than 17 carries in a game. We win 90%+ when gore has 20+ carries. They must be trying to save his body from the pounding, but he needs to get into his rhythm!
we need jacobs more than james at this point. beating up a d-line with jacobs every few downs will soften them up for gore whos already breaking off over 5 yards per carry.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I thinks it's time bring in Jenkins and fazing out Moss. We need some speed on the outside and Jenkins has it. Starting Moss does us no good. He looks slow and disinterested.
Share 49ersWebzone