There are 210 users in the forums

Where the hell are James and Jenkins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
They are going to keep Moss quiet until the playoffs and then turn him loose. It will be treated like an anomaly the first two playoff games then people will have to game plan it also.

that would be a dumb idea because losing doesnt help you get to the playoffs
Maybe Jenkins and LMJ are Harbaugh's super duper secret weapons..... We wont see them until we are in the 2012/13 Superbowl with 2 minutes left and we need a TD to win. Then they will be unleashed with all of hells fury.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
They are going to keep Moss quiet until the playoffs and then turn him loose. It will be treated like an anomaly the first two playoff games then people will have to game plan it also.

I don't think so. My guess is that Moss may not be a good fit for Harbaugh and Romans offense. Only time will tell.
I would like to see Moss Crabtree and Manningham lined up on the same side. Run a few illegal picks and hope these horrible refs wont throw a flag. Have we seen this formation this year yet?
Has there really been a situation in NFL history where a team kept a "secret weapon" player and then pulled them out and surprised the league?!
Not realistic to activate Jenkins...not when he has Crabtree, Moss, Manningham & KW ahead of him (w/Ginn not playing). As for James, I'm not sure. He has Gore & Hunter ahead of him...potentially Jacobs, too. Neither were drafted to be starters this year, barring some serious injuries. It's a long season...they'll get some PT along the way.
Found em!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You will see them in 2013. Who do you want to bench so they can play? Name it. Instead of just talking smack like you guys always do.

to be fair, I am a huge fan of baalke, but I still think he made a mistake. If you are drafting 1st and 2nd rounders that won't see the field in their first season. Why draft them at all? I'm sure there were players at other positions that would be able to see the field. IE pass rusher, ILB,
Some of you sound like old women, good grief
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
You will see them in 2013. Who do you want to bench so they can play? Name it. Instead of just talking smack like you guys always do.

to be fair, I am a huge fan of baalke, but I still think he made a mistake. If you are drafting 1st and 2nd rounders that won't see the field in their first season. Why draft them at all? I'm sure there were players at other positions that would be able to see the field. IE pass rusher, ILB,

Baalke's track record is only 1,000 times better than the previous regime. So he gets benefit of the doubt. I like Jenkins and just think with his speed and hands he will be good. Late in the preseason you could see the speed and hands. He's in a crowed WR corps. Not his fault. What is he to do about that? He's not going to play much this year. That's no indication on him though. I just have the feeling he will be a real good player despite the hissy fits on the WZ.

LaMichael I don't like much. I didn't see anything in preseason. He seems too small, too weak and the speed of the game definitely caught up to from Oregon to the NFL. Not that explosive or fast compared to the rest anymore. I could see him not being a good pick. But I will give it some more time.

WR was our big need for a young guy there. So I think we got that. 2nd round is 2nd round. And people have to remember that where we were picking was really more like a 3rd round guy. It was extremely late 2nd. More like we will call it "an early 3rd." You don't hit on all those guys. That's deep enough in the draft that "very early 3rd" if you will doesn't always work out. The 49ers had no speed and explosiveness. The were slow as molasses. so they decided to add some stuff there. 2 guys. I think they hit on one. We will see on the other. Neither is proven. I just have a strong feeling about Jenkins based on late preseason. He seemed to get better and better. When he "got it" his hands got better and better and better. You could definately see the speed and explosion. LaMichael just doesn't impress me as much. But I'm not such a reactionary little girl like a lot on the WZ that I'm going to throw a hissy fit a few games into rookie year.... You got to give it 2 - 3 years really. And 3 - 4 is more like it for a real grade. I don't think we will find out much about either this year.

People also have to remember that we are picking late in the draft now. That's different from how we used to pick. Top 3, 5, 10. We don't pick there now. We picked 30th. That's a different guy available at #30. I still have a strong feeling about Jenkins. But that's me. LaMichael I'm not sure. But at least I'm willing to give it time.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 26, 2012 at 3:10 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

I don't think we need James. We're fine at runningback. What we need is a reciever who can get down field and stretch the defense. Moss was suppose to be that, but he's not that type anymore.

The Jets just couldnt shut down Bush and had trouble with the other dolphins RBs, LMJ and Hunter should go well in this match up.
Maybe we should try to slowly bring A.J into the mix , we need another playmaker on offense

Gore, Davis and Crabtree are the big 3 on offense , and Manningham is starting to gel nicely

Moss is not a fulltime starter , Kyle Williams is rarely targeted , Delanie Walker is struggling and not making any plays, Ginn has never been a threat as a WR, so we might as well start grooming A.J for some playing time

James has too many RB's that will eat before he does, but A.J could be worked in, a few snaps a game for starters would be great

Still waiting. Who are the names? Maybe I shouldn't hold my breath.....

Still waiting......

I dont think any of them play this year but the one that has the best chance of playing this year between the 2 is James.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
So something that has me wondering. Kyle Williams is listed as 5'10 186 on 49ers.com - Jenkins is listed 5'9 195 I have a feeling that KW's weight is from his NFL draft weight and is actually closer to James listed weight since its clear he has bulked up. That being said KW was only had 20 catches last season(coming in as relief duty #5 WR) and even though he is currently our starting slot receiver so far this season he is actually on pace to have a worse year then last, 10 receptions for 80 yards compared to his 20 for 241 last year. James in college was targeted on a variety of passes enough that he caught 17 passes a year for roughly 200 yards.

I know that it is depressing to compare a 2nd round pick to a 6th round pick but I have to wonder if LMJ is going to become a hybrid RB/slot receiver such as Danny Woodhead, Dexter McCluster, and even Reggie Bush and CJ Spiller (although the 2 latter have finally found success as true RBs).

McCluster is the most valid comparison as he was an early 2nd rounder, 36th overall, undersized at a reported 5-8 180 and he has been moved to full time WR after having limited success as an RB. Hate to say it but look for LMJ to inevitably be transitioned to a complete gadget player in the mold of McCluster, not saying its a bad thing but it is LMJ's future. Kendall Hunter or a future draft pick is going to be our bell cow with James being a WR/option RB during the Kaepernick era.
Share 49ersWebzone