Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by BayArea:
I am actually very worried. We were talking about a superbowl now I am worried about even making it to the playoffs.
Same here, and I think I can explain. I think what had happened was...last season, Alex Smith showed glimpses that gave all of us hope that this will be the year where he takes his game to the elite level. The likes of QBs who wear rings (Eli, Aaron, Drew, Peyton, Tom, Big Ben, etc.)
He had a chance to prove that in last Sunday's rematch vs Eli Manning and his team. But he failed miserably, and now all of us 49er fans took a big whiff of that smelling salt.
I personally want to win a Superbowl this year, so I demand championship level play from our QB because that's what it will take to win once competition gets real in the winter.
I'm rooting for Alex, for him it's this year or bust! I don't care how many excuses people come up with.
True I mean people keep saying oh its just week 6 blah blah it's only one game etc. Fact is imagine that was a playoff game against a likely playoff opponent like the Giants. We show up and yeah it's only one game but we just went one and done because we have no answer for them on the field. Things need to change because the Giants used the same method as the Vikings to beat us they just did it better. Any team is capable of doing what those two teams did and if we have no other way to win games then we are going to lose to any team that has a decent coach.
It is glaringly apparent that when we are made one dimensional and don't have the lead we cannot rely on our passing game to get anything done and the more pressure put on our QB the bigger the mistakes he makes. All of Alex's interceptions have come when he was asked to dig the team out of a hole. When there is no pressure and we have a lead he is comfortable and makes no mistakes.
Fact is the only things you need to accomplish to beat our team is to score fast and early, and stop the run. Game over if you can do those two things. The formula has been exposed and if we don't have a way to overcome that gameplan we will get beat more and more. Then it's a matter of pressure Alex and just sit back and watch us lose the game.
The Seahawks are very capable of executing a similar gameplan. If they stop our run game and get an early lead, we are in deep s**t especially since I don't like the matchups with their secondary. If it is put on Alex's shoulders early we are going to be fighting uphill the entire game.


