There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West....Should we be worried?

still not worried
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by BayArea:
I am actually very worried. We were talking about a superbowl now I am worried about even making it to the playoffs.

Same here, and I think I can explain. I think what had happened was...last season, Alex Smith showed glimpses that gave all of us hope that this will be the year where he takes his game to the elite level. The likes of QBs who wear rings (Eli, Aaron, Drew, Peyton, Tom, Big Ben, etc.)

He had a chance to prove that in last Sunday's rematch vs Eli Manning and his team. But he failed miserably, and now all of us 49er fans took a big whiff of that smelling salt.

I personally want to win a Superbowl this year, so I demand championship level play from our QB because that's what it will take to win once competition gets real in the winter.

I'm rooting for Alex, for him it's this year or bust! I don't care how many excuses people come up with.

True I mean people keep saying oh its just week 6 blah blah it's only one game etc. Fact is imagine that was a playoff game against a likely playoff opponent like the Giants. We show up and yeah it's only one game but we just went one and done because we have no answer for them on the field. Things need to change because the Giants used the same method as the Vikings to beat us they just did it better. Any team is capable of doing what those two teams did and if we have no other way to win games then we are going to lose to any team that has a decent coach.

It is glaringly apparent that when we are made one dimensional and don't have the lead we cannot rely on our passing game to get anything done and the more pressure put on our QB the bigger the mistakes he makes. All of Alex's interceptions have come when he was asked to dig the team out of a hole. When there is no pressure and we have a lead he is comfortable and makes no mistakes.

Fact is the only things you need to accomplish to beat our team is to score fast and early, and stop the run. Game over if you can do those two things. The formula has been exposed and if we don't have a way to overcome that gameplan we will get beat more and more. Then it's a matter of pressure Alex and just sit back and watch us lose the game.

The Seahawks are very capable of executing a similar gameplan. If they stop our run game and get an early lead, we are in deep s**t especially since I don't like the matchups with their secondary. If it is put on Alex's shoulders early we are going to be fighting uphill the entire game.
Not scared, lol
Originally posted by BayArea:
The Seahawks are very capable of executing a similar gameplan. If they stop our run game and get an early lead, we are in deep s**t especially since I don't like the matchups with their secondary. If it is put on Alex's shoulders early we are going to be fighting uphill the entire game.

This is the game the offense will need to step up. I hope Jacobs is active for this game! He might be the needed spark this team needs, not just short yardage stuff but the energy. With him being inactive for 6 weeks, he'll have plenty of anger to run through people.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM ]
The Cards and Rams are losing...looks like we may be in 1st place after week 7.

Big showdown next Monday to possibly open up a 2 game lead in the NFC West.
We should not be worried about the NFC West.

The recently undefeated Cards are a fraud. They lucked out in barely beating Seattle, who was starting a rookie QB in his first ever game in week one. Their D looked impressive against the Patriots, Philly sucks, and they were dominated in all facets of the game by MIAMI (even though they won on the scoreboard in the end). They have sinve been beaten by Buffalo and St Louis and are losing to the Vikings right now.

Seattle is getting better, but at their best they are barely comparable to the 49ers playing at their worst.

St Louis is a project, they will be contending for the NFC West crown soon enough with their new HC and plethora of young talent and draft picks, but not this season.
[ Edited by Gavintech on Oct 21, 2012 at 12:25 PM ]
Can't discount the Cards at home though, they play pretty good at home, so does Seattle.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Can't discount the Cards at home though, they play pretty good at home, so does Seattle.

They still suck.
we will win the division and get super bowl 50.
Seattle will hang in there and contend for a WC

ARZ & STL will drop off dramatically
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
still not worried

Yeah I was thinking the Cards were our toughest rival in the division but that has quickly changed. Skelton just isn't the QB Kolb is, yes I believe that. Seattle has a good squad and they have reason to be optimistic. They can run and Russell Wilson has improved. Russells first instinct was to tuck the ball and scramble but now he's hanging in there in the pocket more. I'm convinced Seattle beats Arizona if they don't hurt Skelton and than Kolb comes in to save the day. Obviously Seattles defense is good and if they can fix the defense from being gashed on trap plays up the middle they are dam good. Still no reason to be worried though. Seattle is starting a rookie QB so they will lose some close games because of that.
win these next 2 and we'll be just fine
The wheels of the NFC west bus is starting to fall off.
Originally posted by LB49ers:
The wheels of the NFC west bus is starting to fall off.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home