LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Does the Niners' success/turnaround still feel a bit surreal to you?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does the Niners' success/turnaround still feel a bit surreal to you?

At least we're not Raydah fans.....No light at the end of that tunnel.
Originally posted by Kaepmandu:

Tru dat, no prettying up that tragic mess.
Every single game I feel nervous. I don't think I will feel like the old days until we get another playoff behind us. But it is amazing to see what great coaching can do and I am gaining more and more faith every week. Never would have thought this possible without an ownership change.
Just had this conversation with my girlfriend the other day. We went to the 49ers/Packers game opening day and I had complete confidence we would win the game or it would come down to a last second field goal. I am so much calmer when watching 49ers games since last season, where before I would be flipping out, throwing stuff, screaming and cussing at the TV like I was a damn maniac. Here is too much continued success this season!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Just had this conversation with my girlfriend the other day. We went to the 49ers/Packers game opening day and I had complete confidence we would win the game or it would come down to a last second field goal. I am so much calmer when watching 49ers games since last season, where before I would be flipping out, throwing stuff, screaming and cussing at the TV like I was a damn maniac. Here is too much continued success this season!!

I felt good heading into the Packers game and during the game up until the punt return. Then my blood pressure went WAY up. Lulz.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I felt good heading into the Packers game and during the game up until the punt return. Then my blood pressure went WAY up. Lulz.

I'm sure you were not alone! 911! 911!
I'm not to the point where I'm taking wins for granted. I'm not assuming we automatically win. I did that routinely with the 80's teams.

When you get to that point, and the team starts to fall apart? Losing starts to hurt. I mean, really, really hurt. We were stuck in the doldrums for so long under the York leadership. Has anyone forgotten the DumpYork website? The DumpYork movement? The DumpYork t-shirts?

I haven't. I don't take anything for granted anymore. I think we should beat the Vikings on Sunday. But I'm not counting on it. There's a difference.
Originally posted by Kaepmandu:

They are finally starting to rebuild. It will take several more drafts before they can compete again. I'm a little concerned with the calm demeanor of their new HC. It's the opposite of Harbaugh. But, to each his own.

But I can't place any blame on the new regime. Other than McFadden, they inherited a team with little talent. And McFadden can't run if there's no one to block for him.

It's going to be a while. But at least they are headed in the right direction now.

However, they need to do something about that thuggy fanbase. It's getting a little old.
Now more than ever
i didn't expect this so fast!!!!

Last year happened so fast I didn't believe it until it was over. This year it's all about TCOB.
For any normal franchise, this would still be a trip. But we 49ers fans got so used to being elite for 2 straight decades, that I think the initial shock has already worn off, and now were back in our winning mentality.

Last year was a blur. We entered the season hoping for 7-8 wins, due to the lockout and a new coach. We ended up with a 13-3 team that shouldve gone to the SB. Now this year were locked right back into our previous winning snobbery. lol. As if those last 8 years of losing were just a bad dream.
Originally posted by Niners99:
For any normal franchise, this would still be a trip. But we 49ers fans got so used to being elite for 2 straight decades, that I think the initial shock has already worn off, and now were back in our winning mentality.

Last year was a blur. We entered the season hoping for 7-8 wins, due to the lockout and a new coach. We ended up with a 13-3 team that shouldve gone to the SB. Now this year were locked right back into our previous winning snobbery. lol. As if those last 8 years of losing were just a bad dream.
I agree. It seems we may have an elite QB, a potentially elite offense, defense is already elite. From longtime 49ers fans on the inside, it's as if it's 1998 again and we are picking up where we left off (beating Green Bay and Atlanta in the playoffs helps fuel that perception).

I snapped out of it after the Tampa game last year. I didn't see it and got a text from a friend stating that in the battle of the bays, one team got whipped 48-3. I assumed it was us and thought it was 2009 all over again. When I found out we had actually won, I began expecting us to win every game again. Even in the 2009 season when we looked like a playoff contender, we had never whipped an opponent like that. Never blew anyone out. Never went out there and just completely destroyed a team in that manner. Top tier teams do that a couple of times each season, so when it happened, I knew we were back.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
last season felt surreal.

this season feels like we should kick every other teams a*s.

It still feels surreal to me, after all the seasons of frustration, of feeling optimistic at the start of each season and then having that optimism crushed about 4 games into the season, this all feels kind of unreal still.
A very nice Lowell Cohen article comparing the rebirth of the Niners this year to the birth of the Niners in 1981 - worth reading.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130201/SPORTS/302011042/1010/SPORTS?p=1&tc=pg
Share 49ersWebzone