LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Does the Niners' success/turnaround still feel a bit surreal to you?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does the Niners' success/turnaround still feel a bit surreal to you?

A little surreal but mostly beautiful. I grew up a fan in the late 80s got into the team when I was old enough in '92. I likely took that talent and winning for granted. I think I appreciate it more now. It is great to see our draft picks grow up and turn us around.
I'd say it stopped being surreal, for me, after the Eagles game last year. Now I'm watching a machine. They play the kind of football I love, and the scary part is that they have not scratched the surface of how good they can be.
It feels amazing to be so happy about Sunday's again! As well as being able to watch espn during the week!
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Yes. As much as I'm enjoying this, about 5% of me is fearing/expecting that something will go wrong. It seems rare that the consensus "Best Team" early in a season goes on to actually win the Super Bowl. Often it's the team that wasn't a clear favorite in the beginning but gets hot late. The scary thing for the rest of the league is that we're not even playing our best football, and all indications are we'll get better. On the other hand, we're now the #1 target in the NFL, with all other teams scouting us and comparing notes to copy our success and exploit any weaknesses. A huge adaptation challenge for our coaching staff.
Dontcurrbout ninners. Me luv alecksmith only
Originally posted by vaden:
Yes. As much as I'm enjoying this, about 5% of me is fearing/expecting that something will go wrong. It seems rare that the consensus "Best Team" early in a season goes on to actually win the Super Bowl. Often it's the team that wasn't a clear favorite in the beginning but gets hot late. The scary thing for the rest of the league is that we're not even playing our best football, and all indications are we'll get better. On the other hand, we're now the #1 target in the NFL, with all other teams scouting us and comparing notes to copy our success and exploit any weaknesses. A huge adaptation challenge for our coaching staff.

I hear what you are saying but I'm starting to get the impression this team does not play to the level of their opponents. They play to the goal of total execution of every play, offensive and defensive.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
I still can't believe we got Harbaugh!

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Because of last season, our expectation is the superbowl or we're disappointed..... Just a couple years ago, we were hoping to just get to .500 and that was a success.

Its just very surreal to have everyone talking about us again and to actually be #1, in most rankings, in the league. We just need to keep doing what we're doing though. This year the NFC West looks to be more competitive than previous years.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I hear what you are saying but I'm starting to get the impression this team does not play to the level of their opponents. They play to the goal of total execution of every play, offensive and defensive.

Yeah, it's that Harbaugh intensity that never lets up, plus the tremendous character guys we have leading the locker room.

We'll have a good test Sunday, coming off two emotional wins, fawning media coverage, no one giving the Vikings a chance, 2nd long distance trip in 3 weeks. That's why we're only favored by 6.5

weve come a long way lol

Yes, it's very surreal. I still feel like we're the underdog, before every game. They shock me weekly!
I must admit it is a little surreal, not all that surprising to me. I have been saying for a long time to anyone who'll listen here in Chicago that my beloved 49ers had all the talent needed to win but only needed the coaching - only to get at mercilessly. Now, nobody here wants to watch a game with me unless it's the sorry ass overrated Bears, nor return my calls because they know I'll be in unapologetic full blown see-I-told-you-so mode. But I don't care. I have a lot of pin-up frustration from years of underachieving, loosing, teasing, and jokes to unleash. And I aint holding back. Regardless if we win the SB or not, we are definitely back were we belong - respectability! And so long as JH is at the helm that 6th SB (and 1st to 7th) is very much in sight with this young team.
Don't worry Brotha. SB or not, we are back to respectability. We have creative coaches that'll keep the league guessing. Let me be among the 1st to predict that with-in the next 4 years we will see at least one SB, maybe two.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Don't worry Brotha. SB or not, we are back to respectability. We have creative coaches that'll keep the league guessing. Let me be among the 1st to predict that with-in the next 4 years we will see at least one SB, maybe two.

It's nice knowing that the 49ers will not be blown out before half time.
(WAKES UP FROM 2-YEAR COMA)

"Wha? Where's Mike Singletary? Alex Smith went 13-3?!?!"

"What the hell is Randy Moss doing here? Who exactly is Aldon Smith? Isn't Carlos Rogers on the Redskins? Where'd Nate Clements go?"

Share 49ersWebzone