LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

When will Jenkins and James Suit Up ??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont think we need them this weekend, but maybe it's time to get them some snaps soon

Especially James, he is a homerun hitter and great talent, but the way Gore/Hunter are playing, it may be awhile before he gets any playing time

when do you guys think we should get them involved?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am more interested in seeing ginn and jacobs back in asap. nice logjam we have in those two spots
Im not expecting to see much of them at all this year.

Gore Hunter and Jacobs will all get carries before James ever does
Jenkins is in the same boat. Crabtree, Manningham, Moss and Williams will all see snaps before Jenkins,

Neither of them play special teams. They will make their contributions next year. Jacobs Moss and Ginn are all on one year deals
Hopefully not at all this year. If they do, it means someone higher on the depth chart is injured.

These fellows were drafted for the future. Our talent level allows us to do that, at last.
Don't need em.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
pleayoffs
Next season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i do understand the posters concern about them getting a little seasoning this year. i agree with you guys, they were drafted for next year. not sure if moss and ginn will be on the team and i am pretty sure they will be very important next year
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN RT@jonplee when do you think LaMichael James and AJ Jenkins will see playing time this season? > Probably not this season without injuries.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do understand the posters concern about them getting a little seasoning this year. i agree with you guys, they were drafted for next year. not sure if moss and ginn will be on the team and i am pretty sure they will be very important next year

i can pretty much guarantee that both Moss and Ginn will be gone next season. Ginn is a great return man, but he's just too damn fragile and isn't very good at WR. Moss probably won't wanna come back with our team first mentality.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

i can pretty much guarantee that both Moss and Ginn will be gone next season. Ginn is a great return man, but he's just too damn fragile and isn't very good at WR. Moss probably won't wanna come back with our team first mentality.
plus maybe we win a super bowl and he will retire on top
Originally posted by BayArea:
Next season.

This

Ginn - IMO he is definately gone just because of his struggle at staying healthy. I like him a lot as a returnman and won't forget what he did for us against Seattle in Harbaugh's first game, getting that W was HUGE.

But if my math is correct he has now missed 5 of the last 6 games 49ers have played (last 2 regular season games, Giants game, and 2 this year).

Moss looks good now, but he is playing about 1/3 of the snaps and its just the start of the year. Hard to see him holding up for a full season next year.

I'm still a bit puzzled by Jacobs on this years roster, Gore has looked real good to me in short yardage situations.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Ginn - IMO he is definately gone just because of his struggle at staying healthy. I like him a lot as a returnman and won't forget what he did for us against Seattle in Harbaugh's first game, getting that W was HUGE.

But if my math is correct he has now missed 5 of the last 6 games 49ers have played (last 2 regular season games, Giants game, and 2 this year).

Moss looks good now, but he is playing about 1/3 of the snaps and its just the start of the year. Hard to see him holding up for a full season next year.

I'm still a bit puzzled by Jacobs on this years roster, Gore has looked real good to me in short yardage situations.
Probably just trying to reduce the wear on Gore Let Jacobs take those poundings try to keep Gore fresh for the playoffs
The Way I See it Since Brandon Jacobs Signed a 1 Year Deal there Holding LaMicheal James for Next Season
Share 49ersWebzone