There are 296 users in the forums

When will Jenkins and James Suit Up ??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do understand the posters concern about them getting a little seasoning this year. i agree with you guys, they were drafted for next year. not sure if moss and ginn will be on the team and i am pretty sure they will be very important next year

Ginn - IMO he is definately gone just because of his struggle at staying healthy. I like him a lot as a returnman and won't forget what he did for us against Seattle in Harbaugh's first game, getting that W was HUGE.

But if my math is correct he has now missed 5 of the last 6 games 49ers have played (last 2 regular season games, Giants game, and 2 this year).

Moss looks good now, but he is playing about 1/3 of the snaps and its just the start of the year. Hard to see him holding up for a full season next year.

I'm still a bit puzzled by Jacobs on this years roster, Gore has looked real good to me in short yardage situations.
Probably just trying to reduce the wear on Gore Let Jacobs take those poundings try to keep Gore fresh for the playoffs
agree. i know gore does not like to come off the field but it would be very nice to have the gore we see now come playoff time.we will have to chain him to the bench or take his helmet but when jacobs comes back, as wookie said,,, he has to be done to keep him ok for the playoffs
agree. i know gore does not like to come off the field but it would be very nice to have the gore we see now come playoff time.we will have to chain him to the bench or take his helmet but when jacobs comes back, as wookie said,,, he has to be done to keep him ok for the playoffs

Yep, would love to see them lighten Frank's load around mid-season and then turn it on in the last few games heading into the playoffs. Jacobs and Hunter should do just fine.
It's pretty remarkable when you consider the depth on this team...our 1st two picks may not even see the field this year! Wow
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
It's pretty remarkable when you consider the depth on this team...our 1st two picks may not even see the field this year! Wow

3 months ago i thought that was bad news but now i realize you are spot on with your assessment of the team. I guess i had hoped we would have good depth but did not really know it till i saw it play out in the regular season
It's looking more and more like Jenkins and James will only see the field when we're up 28-3 in the 4th quarter
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
It's looking more and more like Jenkins and James will only see the field when we're up 28-3 in the 4th quarter

but they would have to be activated first. wonder who would set if we activate them.. I may be wrong and thats ok but i did not think those two were eligible to play in the first two games ???

3 months ago i thought that was bad news but now i realize you are spot on with your assessment of the team. I guess i had hoped we would have good depth but did not really know it till i saw it play out in the regular season

Totally! But to be fair, we had a lot of questions esp. at WR but they have ALL stepped up esp. Manningham (out of no where) and Crabtree. We have barely even tapped Moss so far. Imagine when we have Ginn's 4.2 speed back for fly-sweeps, WR screens and on 3rd downs. Heck, we've barely even used Williams as a WR and he's looked good too!

This is why I wanted Fleener but we'll have to wait a few years to see if we made the right choice...and with this coaching staff, GM, can they even make a "mistake?" Whoever they get will most likely have THE best chance to grow and develop and be slowly integrated into OUR system. It reminds me of the old WCO!

And you're right...who would we even deactivated for James/Jenkins to play? Guys like Gilgore, L.Davis, Will, etc. all are playing significant rolls right now.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM ]
Next season

Totally! But to be fair, we had a lot of questions esp. at WR but they have ALL stepped up esp. Manningham (out of no where) and Crabtree. We have barely even tapped Moss so far. Imagine when we have Ginn's 4.2 speed back for fly-sweeps, WR screens and on 3rd downs. Heck, we've barely even used Williams as a WR and he's looked good too!

This is why I wanted Fleener but we'll have to wait a few years to see if we made the right choice...and with this coaching staff, GM, can they even make a "mistake?" Whoever they get will most likely have THE best chance to grow and develop and be slowly integrated into OUR system. It reminds me of the old WCO!

And you're right...who would we even deactivated for James/Jenkins to play? Guys like Gilgore, L.Davis, Will, etc. all are playing significant rolls right now.

I would deactivate McBath and Dixon easily
Originally posted by jreff22:

Jenkins and James wont play special teams, they would get hurt

I donty plan on the 9ers punting this week and Akers can kick touchbacks all day in a dome

I donty plan on the 9ers punting this week and Akers can kick touchbacks all day in a dome

lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
nope Baalke drafted two duds in the first two rounds.
Not soon -that's for sure.

Not sure why you said this like it was unexpected from Manningham. He's an established WR in the league with plenty of experience.
Share 49ersWebzone